Interior Seat Swap - Badlands - Black Diamond

kunzelman
Jan 27, 2021

Rank 0

Jan 27, 2021

I want the 4dr Badlands - A51, Squatch, High package....like the wash out floor MGV seats but.....all black is a no go with my wife.
So I thought - what if someone wanted all back MGV seats in their Black Diamond?
Seems like a 1:1 swap - if BD had mid package then heated seats, just like BL - don't see any reason why that would not be possible and be a win-win for a BD owner that really liked all black MGV seats.
I would gladly take the Dark Space Grey BD seats.....which I think would match (or be close) with the rest of the BL interior (dash and doors with grey).......the only "catch" would be the blue vs orange stitching.
Handles and other little orange - blue accents can be swapped easy enough (except maybe door panels, but don't care about that).
Anyone else thinking that same thing? Or if not happy about interior choices what's the fix? Wait? Expensive custom work?
Would like to know options........if only the BD would have the High option.......I would not have had to even ask this question.
Petzl, Jakob1972
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2021

Rank IV

Jan 27, 2021

The BL door trims have an orange accent across the top of the map pockets too. You would need to swap seats, grab handles, AC vent caps, door trims, and seats to keep everything matching with the blue and orange accents.

Rank 0

Jan 27, 2021

The BL door trims have an orange accent across the top of the map pockets too. You would need to swap seats, grab handles, AC vent caps, door trims, and seats to keep everything matching with the blue and orange accents.
Agree - hopefully a way to swap the orange - blue on the door panels without swapping the whole panel.
My only issue with swapping door trims is that the BL Doors panels have MGV on them - so if just the orange trim could be swapped out for the blue trim then cool - but I wouldn't really want to swap the door panels altogether - or (as the BL owner) I'm swapping MGV for vinyl/plastic on the BD door panel - sort of a downgrade maybe?

Rank V

Jan 27, 2021

Agree - hopefully a way to swap the orange - blue on the door panels without swapping the whole panel.
My only issue with swapping door trims is that the BL Doors panels have MGV on them - so if just the orange trim could be swapped out for the blue trim then cool - but I wouldn't really want to swap the door panels altogether - or (as the BL owner) I'm swapping MGV for vinyl/plastic on the BD door panel - sort of a downgrade maybe?
The orange-accented door nets on the Badlands are mounted using Bronco bolts. IIRC the MGV door trim is light gray so wouldn't need to be removed.

Rank 0

Jan 27, 2021

The orange-accented door nets on the Badlands are mounted using Bronco bolts. IIRC the MGV door trim is light gray so wouldn't need to be removed.
Whew - that's perfect!
How did you get that info? I've snooped around, but didn't catch that nugget of info

Rank V

Jan 27, 2021

Whew - that's perfect!
How did you get that info? I've snooped around, but didn't catch that nugget of info
Just looking at pictures :D

That everything with a Bronco bolt is easily removable/swappable is part of the pitch (y)
TorgSurv, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jan 27, 2021

Just looking at pictures :D

That everything with a Bronco bolt is easily removable/swappable is part of the pitch (y)
I see it now - 6 Bronco Bolts - nice
Deano Bronc, Buckin'

Rank IV

Jan 27, 2021

I’ve read one should be careful when removing front seats on airbag equipped cars. Disconnect the battery and wait awhile before removal.

Gladesmen

Jan 27, 2021

I’ve read one should be careful when removing front seats on airbag equipped cars. Disconnect the battery and wait awhile before removal.
Hmm I have done that a bunch I usually take out the seats once a year on my cars to really clean the carpet. My truck I take the carpet out and pressure wash it. This is why I’m looking forward to the washout interior on my BL. Depending on what my brother finally decides if he goes, BD he might be willing to trade the one thing that keeps him thinking BL is the all Black interior.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Aug 16, 2022

I'm also looking to swap the BL, black interior for the BD, bluish
gray. I'm in the Northeast if anyone is interested.