Mar 01, 2021

As we patiently wait for our Broncos to arrive, we might be craving a distraction/project. Here is an idea! How about learning more about Round-Up prior to your Off-Roadeo training?

I realize many Bronco owners will never take their Broncos off-road and that is OK. There are still many paved and gravel roads to explore. To prepare for that day I hope many Bronco owners will take advantage of their free ticket to Off-Roadeo and have been thinking about which location they seek.

From my perspective, the Round-Up function can integrate well with the Off-Roadeo events. Since Bronco Nation has access to Round-Up we can use that function to plan road trips that precede or follow the Off-Roadeo training events at each location. Once we know the exact location, dates, and frequency of the training, our preparations can be targeted. Currently, we have an opportunity to prepare and fine-tune our skills in road trip planning and sharing those ideas.

We need several areas of knowledge. Such as:
  • How to use Round-Up. For that @David has prepared an excellent video as seen in the link below.
Welcome to Round-Up Events! - Bronco Nation (thebronconation.com)
  • A good Navigation Software, such as free membership to GAIA GPS as outlined in the link below.
Free vs. Membership vs. Premium Membership – Gaia GPS
  • Reference tools to interesting roads in the state you have chosen for training. Since Vermont will be my training state, the link below guides me to finding gravel and Class 4 roads to explore.
Vermont Roads
  • Finally, consider a collection of paper maps. Since I love finding covered bridges in Vermont, the paper maps help me where navigation software can be lacking. The pic below shows a few examples.
Vermont Maps.jpg

So, there you have it. Start your engines there is a whole world of trails to explore!
TK1215, TrailReady
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 01, 2021