Installing the Warn Winch Ford package

MikeJewell
Dec 03, 2021

Rank IV

Dec 03, 2021

Here we have our dealerships master tech installing the Ford Accessory winch to the modular bumper. It’s looking like a sweet little unit.

Attachments

BuckYeah, the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 03, 2021

OBIE

Dec 03, 2021

Here we have our dealerships master tech installing the Ford Accessory winch to the modular bumper. It’s looking like a sweet little unit.
I am a little disappointed the kit doesn't come with a solenoid relay. That means the positive cable goes directly to battery, is "hot" all the time. I plan to use a solenoid, wire it to one of the overhead switches. Make sure the tech recalibrates the air bag sensor.
the poacher, Bronco 202?

Rank IV

Dec 03, 2021

I am a little disappointed the kit doesn't come with a solenoid relay. That means the positive cable goes directly to battery, is "hot" all the time. I plan to use a solenoid, wire it to one of the overhead switches. Make sure the tech recalibrates the air bag sensor.

We were just discussing that. Also that you have to use the wired controller to operate it. It would be nice if you could operate it from the cab but as far as I know that is a different accessory to buy.
wmneill

Rank IV

Dec 03, 2021

We just set the winch on the bracket package. This thing is sweet.

Attachments

Pawel Kaliszan, wmneill

OBIE

Dec 03, 2021

We were just discussing that. Also that you have to use the wired controller to operate it. It would be nice if you could operate it from the cab but as far as I know that is a different accessory to buy.
Yes, it would have been nice if the control was wireless. For what we paid, it should have. PLUS, the front trail cam would be blocked less.

Rank IV

Dec 03, 2021

Yes, it would have been nice if the control was wireless. For what we paid, it should have. PLUS, the front trail cam would be blocked less.

I was just out there looking at the cam. It appears completely blocked.

Attachments

Reformed Wrangler, Deano Bronc

OBIE

Dec 03, 2021

If you do a search herein, there are some pictures of the blockage, shown on the screen. It's not totally blocked, but quite a bit. Another issue is if your have adaptive speed control, that won't work. There is an aftermarket bracket, made by Advanced Desert Designs out of Henderson NV that relocates the sensor. I have one on order...
MikeJewell

Rank IV

Dec 03, 2021

I really like the look of the Rough Country hidden winch. Rough Country | 51054 | Hidden Winch Mount for 21+ Ford Bronco | Alligator Performance Just not sure how excited I would be about cutting pieces of frame to get it to fit. Also not how sure how easy it would be to free spool the winch.
Badlands 4 Door in Velocity Blue Nov 2020 Reservation
2.7 with Sasquatch & High Package
Tow Option &MIC HardTop.
okie4570, Khayze427

Rank IV

Dec 04, 2021

I really like the look of the Rough Country hidden winch. Rough Country | 51054 | Hidden Winch Mount for 21+ Ford Bronco | Alligator Performance Just not sure how excited I would be about cutting pieces of frame to get it to fit. Also not how sure how easy it would be to free spool the winch.

Oh man that does look awesome

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Dec 04, 2021

That's one solid looking contraption. One of those things you hope you never need, but it can save your butt (or someone else's) in a challenging situation. I would definitely consider getting one of these units.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
MikeJewell

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

Looking good, definitely on my short list of things I will be doing when I get my Bronco.
MikeJewell

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

There is supposed to be a kit to relocate the Control Pack off of the top of the winch to not block so much of the front camera. Seen it mentioned on Warn web site. Never saw one for real.
Also, wireless control not the best idea. Battery in it is usually dead when you need it most.

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

That is the winch setup I'm most likely to get. The parts you have to remove from the frame are mounts for additional equipment. They aren't structural parts of the frame. I saw a video of one being installed and it didn't look too bad to do though I think I might have a shop cut the parts off with a cut-off wheel rather than a Sawzall. (or a whole bunch of little Dremel cut off wheels)
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
MikeJewell

Rank III

Dec 04, 2021

So you lose the tow hooks? If so how are you supposed to have a winch and a tow bar?

Rank I

Dec 04, 2021

I’m really disappointed in Ford that they don’t address the front camera or adaptive cruise control sensor blockage with their very expensive winch solution. I don’t want to give up options I paid for, for a winch, but I want/need the winch - not for looks, but to use. I use my winch several times/year. Mostly to help others and for uses around the ranch.
1Five1 Garage

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

I agree. When you need a winch, you really do NEED a winch.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Dec 06, 2021

As a guy with a HD Modular bumper who was told by his dealer this kit doesn’t work with my Bronco (2dr Black Diamond w/ the ‘squatch) because of the bumper, I would love to see before/after photos.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Dec 06, 2021

Here are notes from RC website
NOTES - IMPORTANT
  • Requires minor cutting/trimming for installation.
  • ONLY fits models with frame-mounted tow rings.
  • Will NOT work on 2.7L models.
  • Highly recommended to run with Rough Country 9500S and 12000S with synthetic rope and Hawse fairlead.
  • Not guaranteed to work with other winch manufacturers.
Badlands 4 Door in Velocity Blue Nov 2020 Reservation
2.7 with Sasquatch & High Package
Tow Option &MIC HardTop.
okie4570

Rank V

Dec 06, 2021

As a guy with a HD Modular bumper who was told by his dealer this kit doesn’t work with my Bronco (2dr Black Diamond w/ the ‘squatch) because of the bumper, I would love to see before/after photos.
LOL - "My dealer said.." is the beginning of a lot of misinformation.
My dealer has called me to answer a question about the Bronco because it's faster than looking it up. He's fairly well informed, but he has so many things changing all the time that it's hard to keep up. As for me, I'm only keeping up with the Bronco.
Chinook, siggi

Rank V

Dec 06, 2021

Here are notes from RC website
NOTES - IMPORTANT
  • Requires minor cutting/trimming for installation.
  • ONLY fits models with frame-mounted tow rings.
  • Will NOT work on 2.7L models.
  • Highly recommended to run with Rough Country 9500S and 12000S with synthetic rope and Hawse fairlead.
  • Not guaranteed to work with other winch manufacturers.

I'm not seeing the 2.7l restriction, what page is that on? Thanks.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22