Canvas/Cloth Tops

HarrySquatch
Aug 31, 2021

Goldfinger

Aug 31, 2021

What to would be better, the canvas or cloth soft top? What are the differences between the two?
Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 31, 2021

What to would be better, the canvas or cloth soft top? What are the differences between the two?
What company are you looking at for the soft top?
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

No Ragerts

Aug 31, 2021

I prefer cloth. Sure, it needs a little more TLC than canvas but I like the texture & durability. Vinyl is the worst!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Speed Devil, Bronco_Girl
OBXBroncoGuy

Aug 31, 2021

Canvas is typically is thicker and should be more weather resistance than cloth. Both needs to be treated though, just that cloth requires it more. Canvas, I believe, would be harder to clean because of the thickness.
Not an expert, other than I've dealt with both in the military. And agree about vinyl. Its the worse..
Bronco_Girl, HarrySquatch

Goldfinger

Aug 31, 2021

What company are you looking at for the soft top?
I was just looking at the build and price and wondering what the difference is between the 2 and which would be more durable.
Speed Devil
OBXBroncoGuy

Aug 31, 2021

I was just looking at the build and price and wondering what the difference is between the 2 and which would be more durable.
Just based on the material, canvas is.
HarrySquatch

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Aug 31, 2021

I prefer cloth. Sure, it needs a little more TLC than canvas but I like the texture & durability. Vinyl is the worst!

It's goes back to the whole "You get what you pay for" argument, something I'm sure both James and Nolan would agree on in Hi/Low
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
HarrySquatch

Rank I

Sep 01, 2021

Does the standard soft top, which is included in my Badlands build, also have the flip up in the back that stays up with that metal rod? Or do I have to upgrade the soft top in order to have that feature?

No Ragerts

Sep 01, 2021

Does the standard soft top, which is included in my Badlands build, also have the flip up in the back that stays up with that metal rod? Or do I have to upgrade the soft top in order to have that feature?
I believe there is only 1 factory soft top option.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)