Icon rebound

Fernieboy
May 09, 2021

Rank 0

May 09, 2021

Hello

It’s my first time posting. Please help me with the following.

I have a new Bronco Wildtrak on order, and I think it’s going to arrive in about 3 months.

I am thinking about upgrading the rims with Icon Rebound (titanium). There appears to be two options re “offset”. They are zero and 25. I’m not sure if I truly understand the implications of the decision either way, so I would really appreciate some advice.

rims 17 x 8.5
Bolts 6 x 5.5
Tyres 35 12.5 t17

please help, thanks, Ivan.
TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: May 09, 2021

Rank VI

May 09, 2021

Factory SaSquatch (Wildtrack) wheels are :
17x 8.5
+30mm offset
The 25's are VERY close to the factory. I believe it will push the tire out less than 1/4inch.
I'm eyeballing the exact same Icon wheel also, in titanium.

The 0 offset would push the tire out nearly an 1 1/4 inches. I do not want that much poke, others do. The Squatch has those monster flares already to cover the 35's.

Also, for what its worth, why go to a 35X12.5 tire?
That's what the WT has already, in metric form. If you're looking at Mud terrains, a quick search shows various MT's are cheaper in the 315 size vs the 35X12.5
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
Steve777468, TK1215

Rank 0

May 09, 2021

Factory SaSquatch (Wildtrack) wheels are :
17x 8.5
+30mm offset
The 25's are VERY close to the factory. I believe it will push the tire out less than 1/4inch.
I'm eyeballing the exact same Icon wheel also, in titanium.

The 0 offset would push the tire out nearly an 1 1/4 inches. I do not want that much poke, others do. The Squatch has those monster flares already to cover the 35's.

Also, for what its worth, why go to a 35X12.5 tire?
That's what the WT has already, in metric form. If you're looking at Mud terrains, a quick search shows various MT's are cheaper in the 315 size vs the 35X12.5

Cheers. I’m thinking the 25’s would be a good fit, especially if the standard offset is 30.

I’ve only seen pictures, but in titanium, I think they look great. Are they a different shape to the zeros, or do they simply fit more flush? (Are they less dish shaped?).

As far as the tires go, I’m looking at bfg ko2 and toyo open country 3’s, in both 315/70 & 35/12.5. I absolutely require the cute mountain/snowflake symbol, I spend half my life living in a Canadian mountain home that gets 30ft of snow ❄️ in a normal season. Do you have an opinion on these 4 options? Thanks.
TK1215

Rank VI

May 09, 2021

Long on opinions, short on facts, lol!
I really like the tread pattern on the Goodyear's that will come on it. Decent amount of siping for water evacuation and getting a bite on ice etc but still luggy enough for offroad, snow, slush etc. Not quite as aggressive as true mud terrains, which none of those will have the 3PMSF.

The 3PMSF symbol ..... I like the idea of it, but according to tirerack, in their winter testing they've had tires without it outperform tires that had it. So I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on having it. This is where experience comes in.
I'm looking really hard at the Toyo OC AT3's also. I see a LOT of rigs with their tires on them at work and online they have an excellent reputation. The guys at work that I've talked to really liked them also.

35's vs 315's -
Some of the 315's will have a C rating.
Factory is load range C tires. SOME hard-core offroaders swear by load range E for durability, others say there's no difference durability-wise.
Most agree the C's will have a more compliant ride.
You will have to do some homework to find out what pressures to run on E rated tires.
I personally cannot see any benefit for the 35's , they cost more for the same amount of tire in 315/70-17

For my base Base, I'm looking hard at 285/75-17 Toyo Open Country AT3's ....
33.9 X 11.3 ... load range C
3PMSF rated.
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
Steve777468, TK1215

Rank 0

May 10, 2021

I really like the tread pattern on the Goodyear's that will come on it. Decent amount of siping for water evacuation and getting a bite on ice etc but still luggy enough for offroad, snow, slush etc. Not quite as aggressive as true mud terrains, which none of those will have the 3PMSF.

The 3PMSF symbol ..... I like the idea of it, but according to tirerack, in their winter testing they've had tires without it outperform tires that had it. So I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on having it. This is where experience comes in.
I'm looking really hard at the Toyo OC AT3's also. I see a LOT of rigs with their tires on them at work and online they have an excellent reputation. The guys at work that I've talked to really liked them also.

35's vs 315's -
Factory is load range C tires. SOME hard-core offroaders swear by load range E for durability, others say there's no difference durability-wise.
You will have to do some homework to find out what pressures to run on E rated tires.
I personally cannot see any benefit for the 35's , they cost more for the same amount of tire in 315/70-17

3PMSF rated.
Thanks for your opinions. I value them.

I think I’m going to go for the open country 3’s in 315. I’m pretty sure I’m going for the rebounds in titanium (I’m going to look at them next week in Calgary in 4wp).

You’re right about the winter tire rating system…the badge doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a better winter tire. I, however, spend months in the BC Canadian Rockies in the winter. The authorities here : ‍♂️ : it’s the first thing they look for.

I am going to have 5 pristine Goodyear Territory tires, and 5 wildtrak rims. Any ideas on where to sell these?
TK1215

Rank 0

May 10, 2021

you can sell them here or on bronco6g.. my plan is similar but with E rated tires, purely for the increased sidewall construction, that and i need a true M/T tire here.
TK1215

Rank 0

May 10, 2021

you can sell them here or on bronco6g.. my plan is similar but with E rated tires, purely for the increased sidewall construction, that and i need a true M/T tire here.
Great, thanks.

Is there a special thread where I would sell them? I may as well put them up for sale on here now, for someone that would want them in August.
TK1215

Rank 0

May 11, 2021

bronco6g has a for sale section. Bronco Nation does not.. facebook market place is another good place to sell stuff.
normally you can't sell what you don't have.. it'll get messy
TK1215

Rank 0

May 12, 2021

35's vs 315's -

3PMSF rated.

I’m not sure if you’ve found the answer yet, regarding bore size. I know you were interested.

Anyway, I used one of the Stigs wheel pictures, namely the infamous “spare” wheel from the base, and used my computer to calculate the width of the hole (using the139.7mm lug holes as a constant). It came out at 93.1mm.

Incidentally, the bore size on the Icon Rebound, 17x8.5 : 6x5.5 : 25mm offset is precisely 93mm. Sounds like destiny.
TK1215