ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8)

Garemlin
Feb 24, 2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 24, 2022

Saw this posted over on B6G. ICON is releasing several stages of full coilover suspension systems for the Bronco.

Credit this thread on B6G

ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce Stages 3 through 8 of our Complete Suspension Systems for 2021+ Ford Bronco

20220216_0158-1200w.jpg

ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce Stages 3 through 8 of our Complete Suspension Systems for Bronco! Aimed at improving on- and off-road performance and ride quality, all of these systems feature custom valved ICON 2.5-inch diameter Coilover Shocks for Bronco, with custom front coil springs and triple-rate rear coil springs yielding 3" to 4" of lift over stock, depending on model*. To accommodate the increased travel we are able to squeeze out of the Bronco's suspension, all kits feature replacement front Upper Control Arms utilizing ICON's patented Delta Joint PRO. Higher Stages feature additional shock technology and performance additions as well as links and suspension components which have been engineered to maximize performance.

IVD-BroncoA-05-2400w.jpg

These systems are designed to provide up to 11.5" of front suspension travel and 14" of rear suspension travel when used with 35X12.50 tires. They may be safely used with 37" and larger tires if using the optional up-travel limiters (sold separately). The factory crash bars (non-Sasquatch equipped Broncos) must be removed to clear 35" and larger tires, but ICON now offers a replacement High Clearance Crash Bar set for those who would like to run larger tires and retain the functionality of the crash bars.

All of these ICON Coilovers and Suspension Systems feature:
  • Improved suspension performance and ride quality over stock
  • 14" Rear Travel; 11.5" Front Travel with 35" tires
  • Vehicle specific tuned front and rear shocks for superior damping and vehicle control
  • Adjustable coilovers from 2.5-4" of lift height (factory set at 2-3")
  • PTFE lined spherical bearings and application specific mounting hardware
  • 6061 Aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
  • Corrosion resistant CAD plated coilover shock body with 7/8 shaft
  • High strength alloy CNC machined lower bar pin
  • 100% Bolt-on system - no drilling, cutting, or welding necessary for install
  • Tubular or billet UCA for added strength, durability and an additional degree of caster for better drivability
  • UCAs feature the Delta Joint Pro with 90 degrees of total articulation.
  • Featuring a rear triple rate coil design
  • Rear coilovers are in a shaft up configuration for maximum travel.
Each of our Complete Suspension System stages are built around our precision engineered, race proven ICON shock technology, with increased features and performance with each higher stage. Here is a summary of each Stage, including the additional features each has over the previous stages:

STAGE 3: MAXIMUM TRAVEL
ICON Coilover Suspension Systems for Bronco start at Stage 3 and feature our precision-manufactured, custom valved Internal Reservoir coilover shocks to yield the maximum travel possible along with superior ride quality and suspension performance both on- and off-road. ICON coilover shocks are fully rebuildable. Our coil springs are custom engineered specifically for Bronco. To accommodate the increased travel afforded by the ICON Coilovers, Stage 3 comes with tubular or billet Upper Control Arms which provide caster correction and feature our patented Delta Joint PRO, which allows for up to 90-desgrees freedom of movement. The rear shocks are oriented shaft-up with unique triple-rate coil springs to achieve the most rear suspension travel possible.

K40003T_web_large.jpg

STAGE 3 Includes:
  • BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS INTERNAL RESERVOIR COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS INTERNAL RESERVOIR COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO TUBULAR or BILLET UCA KIT WITH DELTA JOINT PRO

STAGE 4: INCREASED COOLING UNDER HARD USE
To provide for sustained shock performance at speed through rough terrain, Stage 4 adds remote reservoirs to the ICON Coilovers. Reservoirs greatly increase shock oil volume and heat dissipation surface area to resist overheating and cavitation under hard use, which can lead to damper fade.
K40004_web_large.jpg

STAGE 4 Includes:
  • BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS RREMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER KIT

STAGE 5: UPGRADED REAR SUSPENSION
Stage 5 begins to free up the Bronco's rear suspension articulation while gaining strength and ground clearance with the addition of ICON rear lower suspension links. Available in either billet or tubular versions these links employ dual-durometer greaseless bushings at one end, and a massive FK rod end at the other to provide the best combination of free articulation and ride quality. The billet lower links provide the additional benefits of on-vehicle adjustability and replaceable rock skids.
K40005T_web_large.jpg

STAGE 5 Includes:
  • BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO TUBULAR or BILLET REAR LOWER LINK KIT

STAGE 6: DIAL IN YOUR PERFORMANCE
Stage 6 features ICON's exclusive Compression Damping Control Valves= (CDCV) for precisely dialing in your suspension performance. CDCV controls fluid flow under compression, allowing you to achieve the perfect tune whether driving on the street, slow-crawling through the rocks or mobbing across the desert at full throttle.
K40006_web_large.jpg

STAGE 6 Includes:
  • BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS REMOTE RESERVOIR WITH CDCV COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS REMOTE RESERVOIR WITH CDCV COILOVER KIT

STAGE 7: PRECISION REAR END ALIGNMENT
Stage 7 builds on our CDCV system by adding the complete rear link kit including upper links and ICON's Adjustable Rear Track Bar. Upper and Lower Rear Links are available in either tubular or billet versions. The added upper links have been designed for clearance from the fuel tank during maximum articulation. The Adjustable Track Bar features our dual-durometer greaseless bushing and FK Rod End, as well as on-vehicle adjustability for perfectly aligning the Bronco's rear axle for any lift height.
K40007T_web_large.jpg

STAGE 7 Includes:
  • BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS REMOTE RESERVOIR WITH CDCV COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS REMOTE RESERVOIR WITH CDCV COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO TUBULAR or BILLET REAR UPPER LINK KIT
  • BRONCO REAR ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR KIT

STAGE 8: ON-THE-FLY SHOCK TUNING
ICON's Top Of The Range suspension system features lightning fast, precise electronic shock tuning, on-the-fly, at any speed and in any terrain. Focus on driving and let ICON Intelligent Control (IIC) read the terrain and make near-instant adjustments via the Compression Damping Electronic Valve (CDEV) at each individual shock. Control the system wirelessly through the IIC app on your phone. Once configured the system functions without driver input.
K40008_web_large.jpg

STAGE 8 Includes:
  • BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS RR CDEV COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS RR CDEV COILOVER KIT
  • BRONCO ICON INTELLIGENT CONTROL MODULE & INSTALL KIT
  • BRONCO TUBULAR or BILLET REAR UPPER LINK KIT
  • BRONCO REAR ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR KIT

IMPORTANT TECH NOTES
  • 2-Door models will sit slightly higher than 4-door due to weight difference. For all models, final lift height is subject to variations due to equipment weight and load-out.
  • When running 37" tires, Up-Travel Limiters are required to prevent tire contact with wheel well liners at full compression. These are sold separately (p/n 611075 front; p/n 611074 rear)
  • On Broncos equipped with factory crash bars (non-Sasquatch models), ICON High Clearance Crash Bars are recommended when running up to 35" tires.
  • When running 37" tires, factory crash bars (if present) may need to be removed, and further trimming may be required, to prevent rubbing (not recommended by ICON).
These Complete Suspension Kits will be available for pre-order soon, contact your favorite Authorized ICON Dealer or watch this thread to be the first to know when ordering opens on the ICON website!
Broncofly, LoneRanger
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2022

Rank V

Feb 24, 2022

Good to see new stuff continuing to be released. That stage 5 looks like it might be for me. I just want a good mid travel front and long travel rear setup. Thats what I had on my FJ Cruiser. Other guys were dropping like $10K just on a front long travel setup which for me was never necessary for the type of off roading I do.
21 Base BadLands 7MT
Jakob1972, Garemlin

Rank VI

Feb 24, 2022

My wallet hurts just looking at this stuff. That stage 8 would be sweet for tackling speed bumps at my local mall.
Broncofly, Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 24, 2022

My wallet hurts just looking at this stuff.

You and me both.
Broncofly, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Feb 24, 2022

Oooh I want one. If I can’t get the Everglades I will add this to my current build, if I ever get it.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank III

Feb 25, 2022

Icon makes great products. I'm debating between them and Camburg.

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2022

Has anyone put the Icon Stage 3 non-SAS on their Badlands?
2022 | Badlands | Carbonized Grey | 4 Dr | 2.7 L | Lux | Leather Trim | Mod Bumper | Soft Top
Order: 3/4/22 | Build: 9/23 | Arrival: 10/17 | Purchased: 10/18 | Delivered: 12/9/22

Rank VI

Sep 12, 2022

I may not financially recover from this Bronco purchase.:LOL:
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
210superair

Rank V

Sep 12, 2022

I may not financially recover from this Bronco purchase.:LOL:
download.jpeg
BrianBell66, mbelding0512