Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

You should log your info over at Bronco6g if you haven’t already. I’m told the BN threads regarding engine failures is being censored.
That’s the first I have heard of posts being censored? Other than us taking shots at each other. But as far as I have seen not to the content of any issues regarding Bronco? And heck there have been multiple threads about the engine issues

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

You should log your info over at Bronco6g if you haven’t already. I’m told the BN threads regarding engine failures is being censored.
So let me get this straight. You are posting in the BN forums on a thread about a 2.7 engine failure and in that thread, you state that BN is censoring 2.7 failure threads.
So if they were censoring 2.7 failures, how could this thread exist so you can post on it? Can you understand why this is humorous?

AcesandEights

Rank V

Champion I

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
I think they mean that thread(s) dealing with the 2.7L have been deleted, or locked. We all know that's true, because thread(s) we've participated in have been deleted, or locked. They aren't saying something untrue.

Flip17

Rank V

Supporter III

Oct 12, 2021
The South
First Name
Flip
Last Name
How strange... This site is more closely affiliated with Ford than that one isn't it? You'd think they'd be getting deleted here.

Reactions: BroncOitis

Cornwelltoolman

Rank VI

Champion II

Oct 11, 2021
Spanish Fork Ut
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Christensen
Member #

I think they mean that thread(s) dealing with the 2.7L have been deleted, or locked. We all know that's true, because thread(s) we've participated in have been deleted, or locked. They aren't saying something untrue.
the only threads that have been deleted or locked is because they spiraled down the toilet with members bashing each other sadly myself included

ETHAYER

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jan 15, 2022
DownEast Maine
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Thayer
Member #

2021 Bronco
Badlands 2.7/Sasquatch package
Mileage 3049

The engine took a crap on December 30th on my way home. Almost to a complete stop at a light and it locked up. It went straight to the dealer and I don’t have a full diagnosis as of 01/13/22. This sucks to say the least and this is likely a full engine replacement.

Anyone else going through this?
How long did it take to get an engine replacement?

Did they adjust the warranty or did they just hand you the keys back and say good luck?

Any inform is appreciatedView attachment 26099

Afternoon update:
My bad for not replying immediately to everyone’s response, I was working to pay for my Bronco. I added my information to 6g under the same Slosh1 name. I was hopeful someone would give me useful information. I am aware of the alleged valve issues but haven’t actually seen any pictures or lab analysis identifying the root cause. The biggest frustration as you know is waiting forever to get a car you have been waiting for what seems forever and it takes a shit. Not to mention I handed over 20k for the down payment I’ve been saving for a long while.
I still look forward to any constructive help my fellow Bronco enthusiasts may have to offer.

Update 1/18/22: Contacted another Ford rep and they are now corresponding directly with the dealer (Autonation). Still being told “next in line” for engine tear down and diagnosis.
wow! That really sucks. My 2017 Gen2 cooked itself after 3500 miles, absolutely devoured itself, no oil in the pan. Crankshaft, cam, turbo on and on, they never told me why. . The dealership was great. It took 2 weeks to get a new engine in and back on the road. I hope your back on the road ASAP

bobraz

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 7, 2021
Lakewood, Oh
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rasmussen
Member #

wow! That really sucks. My 2017 Gen2 cooked itself after 3500 miles, absolutely devoured itself, no oil in the pan. Crankshaft, cam, turbo on and on, they never told me why. . The dealership was great. It took 2 weeks to get a new engine in and back on the road. I hope your back on the road ASAP
I'll assuuume they put oil in this one lol!!!?

Vagieray

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Dec 14, 2021
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Rivers
Member #

How strange... This site is more closely affiliated with Ford than that one isn't it? You'd think they'd be getting deleted here.
They have been getting locked here or so I‘ve read both here and B6G. Recently, I’ve had my attention there but now refocusing here.

This sounds like the same pattern as the rest to me but I’m not jumping to conclusions but if this happened to me I would check my s/n# with there data. It will either give you comfort or scare the hell out of you. Actually since mine hasn’t been born yet I don’t have a dog in this fight I am just rubbernecking but just saying there are 28 documented cases that this case sounds like on B6G

Reactions: Flip17

Brsox

Rank IV

Promoter III

Dec 9, 2021
Rhode Island
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Berg
You just said it in here the reason of why Toyota has to be more reliable than others manufacturers.

The issues that you had in your 4runner are coming from the last updates they did on the vehicle, meaning that those updates are not mature enough to not have any issue.

The power train of the 4runner has 12 years of maturity. It would be embarrassing for any manufacturers to still have design or production issues on something that has been already 12 years on the run.

No one can expect to not have any kind of issues on the next generation that for sure is going to be an all new vehicle. If they do, they surely doesn't know about 6sigma culture or learning curve among others.

For sure the japanese culture will help a lot on stretching that process over our culture, but still, there is a learning process on any production line that has to come to achieve high quality levels.
All that is true....but......the 2.7 is certainly not a new engine.

Vagieray

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Dec 14, 2021
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Rivers
Member #

2021 Bronco
Badlands 2.7/Sasquatch package
Mileage 3049

The engine took a crap on December 30th on my way home. Almost to a complete stop at a light and it locked up. It went straight to the dealer and I don’t have a full diagnosis as of 01/13/22. This sucks to say the least and this is likely a full engine replacement.

Anyone else going through this?
How long did it take to get an engine replacement?

Did they adjust the warranty or did they just hand you the keys back and say good luck?

Any inform is appreciatedView attachment 26099

Afternoon update:
My bad for not replying immediately to everyone’s response, I was working to pay for my Bronco. I added my information to 6g under the same Slosh1 name. I was hopeful someone would give me useful information. I am aware of the alleged valve issues but haven’t actually seen any pictures or lab analysis identifying the root cause. The biggest frustration as you know is waiting forever to get a car you have been waiting for what seems forever and it takes a shit. Not to mention I handed over 20k for the down payment I’ve been saving for a long while.
I still look forward to any constructive help my fellow Bronco enthusiasts may have to offer.

Update 1/18/22: Contacted another Ford rep and they are now corresponding directly with the dealer (Autonation). Still being told “next in line” for engine tear down and diagnosis.
Here is a screenshot of the 28 other ones I was referring to. … guys are going maybe a little cookoo but in any case they seem to have 28 well documented engine issues. Good luck.

Attachments

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Here is a screenshot of the 28 other ones I was referring to. … guys are going maybe a little cookoo but in any case they seem to have 28 well documented engine issues. Good luck.
There's no doubt I would be a bit nervous if my engine was built around that time frame. Just hoping the failures stay isolated in that 2.5 month span.

Reactions: BroncOitis