Champion II

Oct 11, 2021
Spanish Fork Ut
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Christensen
Member #

My bad for not replying immediately to everyone’s response, I was working to pay for my Bronco. I added my information to 6g under the same Slosh1 name. I was hopeful someone would give me useful information. I am aware of the alleged valve issues but haven’t actually seen any pictures or lab analysis identifying the root cause. The biggest frustration as you know is waiting forever to get a car you have been waiting for what seems forever and it takes a shit. Not to mention I handed over 20k for the down payment I’ve been saving for a long while.
I still look forward to any constructive help my fellow Bronco enthusiasts may have to offer.
Sincerely Slosh1
again I'm really sorry you have to deal with this hopefully ford can get you taken care of quickly please keep us updated

BroncOitis

Rank VI

Champion I

Dec 1, 2021
Southeast Michigan.
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Dilbert
Member #

Not sure why these threads always spiral into pot shots. Maybe the admins will put all the 2.7 engine issue threads together. I think one of the issues, like what with many posts, people are skeptical of the first time poster jumping in with these issues. And those people then tend to go off on tangents of what if’s. And more than once the OP disappears, adding fuel to the fire. So how about somehow people find a way to give them the benefit of the doubt and to let the process play out before we all lose our minds. And maybe the people who see this unfolding could somehow find it within themselves to not take shots at everyone. Because you aren’t helping either. So maybe we can sympathize with them and unless we have something tangible or constructive to add, we can let it ride. I am pretty sure the problem lays somewhere in between “not as bad as I thought“ and “worse than I thought”.
I hope this wasn't something I started, I'm just trying to get @Slosh1 to respond to a seed that he planted and never watched it grow, so now the plant is dying and the rest of us are trying to keep it alive..and occasionally I may throw some funny comments out there just to lighten up the mood a little, and keep everyone smiling throughout some tensions through some of the posts on some of these threads.
I didn't mean anything by some of my comical posts....:confused:

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

My bad for not replying immediately to everyone’s response, I was working to pay for my Bronco. I added my information to 6g under the same Slosh1 name. I was hopeful someone would give me useful information. I am aware of the alleged valve issues but haven’t actually seen any pictures or lab analysis identifying the root cause. The biggest frustration as you know is waiting forever to get a car you have been waiting for what seems forever and it takes a shit. Not to mention I handed over 20k for the down payment I’ve been saving for a long while.
I still look forward to any constructive help my fellow Bronco enthusiasts may have to offer.
Sincerely Slosh1
So, let's see, some of these I'm sure you've done already.

1. Make sure that you have let Ford Customer Service know about all this.
2. Involve the Service Manager and GM at your dealership.
3. Post on social media (clearly done) about how you're being treated by your dealer. Ford and/or your dealer should, at the very least, provide you with a rental car while your Bronco is being fixed.
4. I see you are in CA. We have very strict lemon laws here in CA. If the vehicle has been out of service for more than 30 days, you can force them to buy it back from you. I know that's not the ideal situation, but it would get you back your money/down payment.

That's all that springs to mind for me. Best of luck, I hope that the dealer and Ford do the right thing for you.

Slosh1

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 13, 2022
Redondo Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Newsom
Or maybe some of us don't like it when folks show up and throw mud with nothing to back it up except rumor and innuendo? I don't think it's a "roast" when people ask questions and ask you to back up your statements with evidence. Personally, I think that there is definitely a problem, and it's starting to look like there MIGHT be an issue with a certain number of engines that were built during a particular timeframe with some POSSIBLY bad valves. But, again, there's no PROOF of any of that. Certainly NO proof that there is a problem with the 2.7 overall and some of us maybe get a little sensitive when someone suggests without any evidence that there is.
So, let's see, some of these I'm sure you've done already.

1. Make sure that you have let Ford Customer Service know about all this.
2. Involve the Service Manager and GM at your dealership.
3. Post on social media (clearly done) about how you're being treated by your dealer. Ford and/or your dealer should, at the very least, provide you with a rental car while your Bronco is being fixed.
4. I see you are in CA. We have very strict lemon laws here in CA. If the vehicle has been out of service for more than 30 days, you can force them to buy it back from you. I know that's not the ideal situation, but it would get you back your money/down payment.

That's all that springs to mind for me. Best of luck, I hope that the dealer and Ford do the right thing for you.
thanks for the useful input. I contacted ford customer service this morning and they were not much help. Maybe I need to talk to someone else there. The lady said “So, you want me to yell at the dealer?”. At that point I lost hope with her…

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

thanks for the useful input. I contacted ford customer service this morning and they were not much help. Maybe I need to talk to someone else there. The lady said “So, you want me to yell at the dealer?”. At that point I lost hope with her…
LOL, You're a more patient person than I am. I would have said "heck yes, what ever it takes to get him off his butt and get a new engine in my Bronco ASAP!". Anyway, if you're getting close to that 30 days, you might want consider making noises about the lemon law here is CA to the Service Manager and the GM. They are the ones who are going to get stuck with an engines Bronco and down what you paid for it.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Promoter II

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Just scanned through this thread but I can tell you that Ford has one 2.7 engine that gets installed across several models . It has a slightly different tune for each vehicle it is in due to weight , size , transmission differences etc . Each vehicle will perform differently so you just can't drop the same tune in everything . It is common for part numbers to be different even though it is the exact same part . The plants that make the individual parts for engines usually crank out about 600 per 12 hr shift . If you get a bad batch of parts the defect is usually caught during one of the quality checks in the metallurgy lab and the prior run is put on hold . Some can and do get thru , as humans are involved and things get put where they aren't supposed to be etc . It would be very likely that a certain run would go to a certain vehicle line as everything now is JIT delivery so other vehicles could very well be unaffected . The sky is not falling folks , things like this happen across all brands and the internet has put it all under a microscope .

Slosh1

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 13, 2022
Redondo Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Newsom
Just scanned through this thread but I can tell you that Ford has one 2.7 engine that gets installed across several models . It has a slightly different tune for each vehicle it is in due to weight , size , transmission differences etc . Each vehicle will perform differently so you just can't drop the same tune in everything . It is common for part numbers to be different even though it is the exact same part . The plants that make the individual parts for engines usually crank out about 600 per 12 hr shift . If you get a bad batch of parts the defect is usually caught during one of the quality checks in the metallurgy lab and the prior run is put on hold . Some can and do get thru , as humans are involved and things get put where they aren't supposed to be etc . It would be very likely that a certain run would go to a certain vehicle line as everything now is JIT delivery so other vehicles could very well be unaffected . The sky is not falling folks , things like this happen across all brands and the internet has put it all under a microscope .
I agree with you. I was just one of the unlucky

EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 1, 2021
Milford, NJ 08848
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Bradley
Member #

I'm surprised you aren't having any luck with customer service (wonder if number I got is different). I had that water in my door, turns out there is a TSB on it currently and now I wait for new deals to have this fixed.

But the point of my story is, Ford customer service calls me every week to make sure things are good. They contact the dealer every so often to get an update. They constantly ask me if I have any other issues. They are all over this for me... And once again it's a bad seal over my windshield. I would expect that you'd be getting better service than me :unsure:

Slosh1

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 13, 2022
Redondo Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Newsom
I'm surprised you aren't having any luck with customer service (wonder if number I got is different). I had that water in my door, turns out there is a TSB on it currently and now I wait for new deals to have this fixed.

But the point of my story is, Ford customer service calls me every week to make sure things are good. They contact the dealer every so often to get an update. They constantly ask me if I have any other issues. They are all over this for me... And once again it's a bad seal over my windshield. I would expect that you'd be getting better service than me :unsure:
Yeah, I was talking to the wrong person obviously

Slosh1

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 13, 2022
Redondo Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Newsom

What dealer are you working with? Just curious

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I hope this wasn't something I started, I'm just trying to get @Slosh1 to respond to a seed that he planted and never watched it grow, so now the plant is dying and the rest of us are trying to keep it alive..and occasionally I may throw some funny comments out there just to lighten up the mood a little, and keep everyone smiling throughout some tensions through some of the posts on some of these threads.
Not at all specific to just this thread. There are several related threads that seem to get distracted from the actual initial post and devolve into shots be fired across the bow. We are all so spun on waiting that we now just automatically go to the worst case scenario. I am just as guilty as anyone. So please don’t think I was singling you out here. I need reminding just like everyone else.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Oh I too am prone to the shenanigans and tomfoolery!

country roads

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Feb 10, 2021
WV, USA
First Name
samuel
Last Name
cava
Member #

Toyota just doesn’t ever change anything. They work out the design and manufacturing process issues, and the customers (happily) buy 5-20 year old technology. The downside is that the fuel economy and power oftentimes lags that of what’s current on the market. Plus, the interiors are usually dated. The new Tacoma shows that Toyota struggles with new launches just like every other automaker. Ford could do this, but they choose to differentiate on technology and need higher mpgs out of their SUVs and trucks since they make so few passenger vehicles. One of the reasons they make so many large vehicles is because they need higher profit margins to cover their higher built in costs (unions, etc). Not a huge union supporter, but I don’t mind buying cars made in America by people that are getting paid a decent wage.
Not trying to pick a fight. But just trying to be fair. I don't think ford is any more made in America than toyota. There are thousands of people here in WV making those toyota truck engines. Toyota pays a great wage and treats their employees well. They took a whole lot of people off of welfare in this state.

There is no bigger buy American guy than me. I'm just giving credit where it's due.

Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Don't delete

Sep 22, 2021
Arizona
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Vogel
Member #

Sorry to say that the sky is falling if you were the one that spent $50,000 and your vehicle goes down the dealer tells you sorry you have to wait and it takes weeks and weeks even months to get your car back . If you’re trying to work for your family and you have no vehicle and the dealer tells you they’re out of loaners and ford tells you what do you want me to do yell at the dealer. Then yes the sky is falling for those people that are suffering and to make light of it is no help whatsoever ,think about it .. it sucks

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Interesting to see that the OP, who is the only one in this conversation who has earned the right to truly complain or say the sky is falling, isn’t doing so? And just like I said earlier maybe if we slow down a little before we let ourselves go off the rails and wait and see what happens, and how about we stop taking shots at other people? What is up with that anyways? @Bronco 202?, how about we let @Slosh1 and @Broncosaurus be the ones to tell us what’s going on and whether the sky is falling for them? It’s bad enough that people are having catastrophic engine failures, we don’t need people sniping at others over it. Let’s see what happens. I can’t say what is wrong, what is failing or how and when things will be fixed. No one can other than Ford (good luck) and the people who are directly impacted. This non stop pissing match is really a bit much for a group of mostly 50 something year olds who are chasing something from our past and running out of time. Most of us hear haven’t gotten ours yet, are lucky to be in a position to financially swing this thing and this probably isn‘t our only vehicle. But for many trying to get it they may really be putting themselves out for this thing. Most of the people reaching out with this or any other problem are looking for answers and for many just an ear to vent to. Most are much more subdued about their problems and frankly I understand why maybe the aren’t jumping on this site 24-7. Sounds like most are just out there hustling and working hard.

AllthePonies

Rank III

Supporter II

Jan 10, 2022
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Fales
Not trying to pick a fight. But just trying to be fair. I don't think ford is any more made in America than toyota. There are thousands of people here in WV making those toyota truck engines. Toyota pays a great wage and treats their employees well. They took a whole lot of people off of welfare in this state.

There is no bigger buy American guy than me. I'm just giving credit where it's due.
I have a lot of family that work for Ford here in Detroit, and my housing value relies heavily on automotive employment so I’m certainly biased. I can say that while US companies don’t seem to have as much geographical bias or loyalty, everyone else in the world does. They send profits back home, do business with their own country folk first, and generally disdain the US. Toyota is a great example to use because they won’t let US car companies into Japan at all. It’s much harsher than the chicken tax, and provides their automakers a great advantage. Glad to hear that Toyota is doing right by folks in WV though.

WhiteWalker

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Rio Rancho, NM, USA
First Name
JERRY
Last Name
HUGHES
Member #

Let's not forget that the Tundra comes from San Antonio, Texas. This includes it's V8. The new V6 motor will come from Alabama.

AllthePonies

Rank III

Supporter II

Jan 10, 2022
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Fales