I switched

DustyDawg
Jul 05, 2021

Rank IV

Jul 05, 2021

I decided to change my order from a Black Diamond to a Badlands. I wanted the most off road capability I could get, plus bragging rights in my neighborhood.
Michael Grasso, Bike007b
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 05, 2021

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jul 05, 2021

I wanted Mid & Manual

Welcome to the club, Bro
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
RdCrom86, TK1215

Road trip!!!

Jul 06, 2021

I decided to change my order from a Black Diamond to a Badlands. I wanted the most off road capability I could get, plus bragging rights in my neighborhood.
What’s your reservation date?

What’s in your build? 2dr/4dr, color, etc….
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
TK1215

Rank IV

Jul 06, 2021

What’s your reservation date?

What’s in your build? 2dr/4dr, color, etc….
4dr, 2.3, MIC, MID package, area 51
Jakob1972, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 06, 2021

Badlands is a great package. I kept debating those two and ended on Black Diamond. Are there any good trails out near Indy? Looking for some in Indiana that I can day trip to.
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
14U, TK1215

Rank IV

Jul 06, 2021

trails would be south of indy in the Hoosier National forest. I'm actually not that well acquainted with them.
Michael Grasso, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

trails would be south of indy in the Hoosier National forest. I'm actually not that well acquainted with them.
I’m looking for possibilities in/around Brown County. Also down along the Ohio on the southern border. No hills or terrain worth Jack north of Columbus.
Bronco Outer Banks, 4-Door, Sasquatch, Eruption Green, Soft Top, 2.7L, Lux Equipment, Leather Roast Trim, Modular Bumper
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jul 07, 2021

I just made the switch from Outer Banks to Badlands. For $2K difference it just made more sense to me, plus I plan to off road mine enough to justify adding front lockers and sway bar disconnect.
Bike007b, TK1215

Gladesmen

Jul 07, 2021

Well wife wanted high package and I wanted the 7-speed so Badlands is the only option for me. But I was originally going Black Diamond
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Bike007b, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

I started with BD switch to BB switched to OBX switched to Base , switched back to OBX and I pray that is where I will stay at .
ford is dragging it and I have to much time on the PC.
Rapid Red OBX 2D ,2.3, AT ,MIC , 3.73 diff. , (gotta add Aux. switches later ) RES.12/22/20 - order 1/20/21.
well I test drove one today @ 5 star ford in Lewisville, Tx. C.O. 4 door with 2.3 SAS friggen awesome.
got the switches added and also went with roast leather seats ( the leather is amazing feel and looks ) im still staying with a 2Door for me.
TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 25, 2021

Well wife wanted high package and I wanted the 7-speed so Badlands is the only option for me. But I was originally going Black Diamond
I started BD then BD saq, then wildtrak to get the high package. Then I wanted the MGV etc. so, just switched to Badsaq. Too much time!!!
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Home, home on the range

Jul 25, 2021

I started BD then BD saq, then wildtrak to get the high package. Then I wanted the MGV etc. so, just switched to Badsaq. Too much time!!!
I have to agree. If Ford hadn't provided all this time I would've gotten a base. Since I've had time to think about things I've changed to Black Diamond, and changed colors twice.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Bike007b, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 25, 2021

For as much money as you are spending, I say "get what you want and be happy". Smart move.
Michael Grasso, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 25, 2021

I just made the switch from Outer Banks to Badlands. For $2K difference it just made more sense to me, plus I plan to off road mine enough to justify adding front lockers and sway bar disconnect.
Good decision. Get what u really want and just wait.
jasonc0604, TK1215

Rank VI

Aug 22, 2021

Hopefully I’ll join you for a drive! Getting mine soon up in Westfield.
Mg
Bronco Nation 278
IndianaBroncos on Facebook​

Rank IV

Aug 22, 2021

Hopefully I’ll join you for a drive! Getting mine soon up in Westfield.
Mg
I just test drive one for the first time yesterday...I love it. gonna be next year before mine shows up
Michael Grasso

Rank VI

Aug 22, 2021

Just chiming in to say hey, from another Indy Metro area owner. Complete newb to off-roading and it may seem ridiculous for someone from Indiana to order a Squatched Badlands with our lack of terrain. But the plan is to get my family moved out west here soon. I’ve got several white whales to catch out there.

On our honeymoon, my wife and I tried to go see a waterfall called Abiquia Falls. The trail guide said it was .8 miles from the trailhead to the falls, which is true. But it didn’t mention that that was dependent on being able to get down a very rough road that our rental Kia Optima would never be able to handle. We tried to hike it, but the further we got into the valley, the darker it got. We got within earshot of it before deciding we had to turn back, but never caught sight of it. I can’t wait to go back and beast mode (err…I guess I should say G.O.A.T. mode) this trail in my Bronco and finally lay eyes on this beauty.

Road to Abiqua Falls
Anyway, I’ve heard of the place near Attica called Badlands. And the place near Brown County, called Haspin Acres. From what I’ve heard, the latter can get a bit crazy. I talked to a guy who said he had planned on camping over the weekend there, and ended up packing up and leaving in the middle of the night because he was worried that the police were going to come and he was going to be implicated in some illegal activities. So…not sure how enthused I am about trying that place out.

At any rate, we’ll have to organize a meet up once everyone has taken delivery.

Attachments

Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Deano Bronc, DustyDawg