I may switch back to the Black Diamond (MGV Clarification)

Garemlin
Nov 14, 2020

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 14, 2020

Saw a thread on B6G with better pics of the MGV seats in the Black Diamond. I had nixed the BD in favor of the BB because I thought the seats were going to be too dark. Dark with vinyl didn't spell fun in the summer sun. Well from these pics it looks like the MGV seats may have a slight cloth-like texture to them. They almost look neoprene. And they aren't as overly dark as I thought they would be. They might not be that bad in the sun after all. I still need to see and feel the seats in person before making a final decision. But the BD has moved back up into contention. And I do love the blue accents in the BD interior.

Credit B6G thread

2A720A31-DC72-464B-BFE9-3FFD5A31E1E7.png

099170D0-50A4-4F6A-9768-A579FD8FBC49.png
Reldn, GToddC5

Rank V

Nov 15, 2020

For what it's worth, those pictures look washed out. I'm expecting the gray vinyl to be a bit darker than that.
Bronc96

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 15, 2020

For what it's worth, those pictures look washed out. I'm expecting the gray vinyl to be a bit darker than that.

Maybe. But I think the material won't be as hot in the sun as I and many others have thought.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Nov 15, 2020

Maybe. But I think the material won't be as hot in the sun as I and many others have thought.
I figured the stuff is used in high-end boats and those are out in the sun all the time.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Bronc96, BroncoMax

Rank V

Nov 15, 2020

Ford!!!!!!!! Where is the WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years

Rank V

Nov 15, 2020

Saw a thread on B6G with better pics of the MGV seats in the Black Diamond. I had nixed the BD in favor of the BB because I thought the seats were going to be too dark. Dark with vinyl didn't spell fun in the summer sun. Well from these pics it looks like the MGV seats may have a slight cloth-like texture to them. They almost look neoprene. And they aren't as overly dark as I thought they would be. They might not be that bad in the sun after all. I still need to see and feel the seats in person before making a final decision. But the BD has moved back up into contention. And I do love the blue accents in the BD interior.

Credit B6G thread

View attachment 5593

View attachment 5594
Thanx for the pics Garemlin.
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years
Garemlin

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 15, 2020

I figured the stuff is used in high-end boats and those are out in the sun all the time.
There are exceptions, but you usually don't see dark seat covers on boats.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
14U, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Nov 15, 2020

I agree with both points:
  1. The pics appear a bit overexposed with the colors being lighter vs what we have previously seen.
  2. The MGV will not be as bad as thought with the sun (no worse than leather).
The in person reviews have been very positive with the feel being nothing like vinyl and closer to soft leather. I love the MGV and will be going with it on my Bronc! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
14U, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

Yep, i love the BD interior. Only thing i still worry about is the whole sweat factor since it doesn't breathe. May just take our risks and get it. Color scheme is the best out of all of the interiors IMO.
Bronc96

Rank IV

Nov 21, 2020

Yep, i love the BD interior. Only thing i still worry about is the whole sweat factor since it doesn't breathe. May just take our risks and get it. Color scheme is the best out of all of the interiors IMO.
I agree. I think the BD interior is the best looking interior. I like the blue accents. I also told myself I was never buying another car with black leather/vinyl interior after the last one I had. I am stuck between a BD or an OBX with the roast leather interior to get the 12 inch screen. I don't need the swaybar disconnect or larger wheel and tires of the BL with the big cost increase and don't care for the orange accents.
5280Bronco

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

I agree. I think the BD interior is the best looking interior. I like the blue accents. I also told myself I was never buying another car with black leather/vinyl interior after the last one I had. I am stuck between a BD or an OBX with the roast leather interior to get the 12 inch screen. I don't need the swaybar disconnect or larger wheel and tires of the BL with the big cost increase and don't care for the orange accents.
What about it did you not like in the previous vehicle? What car was it?

Rank IV

Nov 21, 2020

What about it did you not like in the previous vehicle? What car was it?

I had a BMW 328i X-Drive with black leather interior. I only live in Michigan where it's only getting in the 90's in the summer. The car and seats were stupid hot inside after sitting in the sun all day at work.
ChapEJF

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

I had a BMW 328i X-Drive with black leather interior. I only live in Michigan where it's only getting in the 90's in the summer. The car and seats were stupid hot inside after sitting in the sun all day at work.
Gotcha... but you are going to get leather or vinyl again?

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

the only experience I have with vinyl car interiors was may parents 1980’s Oldsmobile station wagon, and to put it mildly, even to a kid, those were unpleasant, so was a little nervous about the MGV. However, those were put to bed by all the positive reviews from people who have seen/felt it in person.

I’m getting a Badlands so will have black which will be hot in AZ, but I’ve had tan leather in my escape since 2013. My wife had a BMW Z3 with black leather interior, and her current Mercedes C-class has red leather interior. All have been insanely hot in the summer so I’m not convinced color makes all that much difference here because it is SO hot, haha
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
desert-dreaming

Rank IV

Nov 21, 2020

Gotcha... but you are going to get leather or vinyl again?

Yes. I had light tan and grey leather interiors on other cars and they weren't nearly as hot in the summer. I would like to see the MGV in person once before deciding. I got to look at some of the vehicles right after the intro but it was way before the B&P was released and I didn't know what the color options were going to be. I didn't pay any attention to the interior of the BL that was sitting there that had them. I was originally only considering an OBX but the Black Diamond keeps growing on me.

Rank IV

Nov 21, 2020

I've planned on going Base the entire time but the MGV is very appealing to me. The more positive reviews I read about it, the more I'm drawn to the BD. I'm not a person that upgrades vehicles often and I don't want to spend 30K+ and have buyers remorse.
Bronc96

Rank V

Nov 22, 2020

Agreed. The Black Diamond definitely has my favorite interior out of all the Broncos, if the High Package was available for it I would've stuck with my reservation.
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 01, 2020

To be honest, the only factor about the MGV that still makes me second guess getting it would be the sweat factor since it probably doesn't breathe. Everyone has loved the look and feel of it, so I'm probably still in, but i really don't want to have to put seat covers on my brand new bronco seats because my lower back or legs in shorts sweat everywhere my skin touches the MGV. May just be a risk i have to take.
Bronc96

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 01, 2020

To be honest, the only factor about the MGV that still makes me second guess getting it would be the sweat factor since it probably doesn't breathe. Everyone has loved the look and feel of it, so I'm probably still in, but i really don't want to have to put seat covers on my brand new bronco seats because my lower back or legs in shorts sweat everywhere my skin touches the MGV. May just be a risk i have to take.
You make a great point about the characteristics of the MGV that we might never know until we sit our butts in the seats.
@David - Is there any way to get some feedback on the MGV from anyone that has been doing testing in the Bronco? Not sure who all you have access to or what seats they had in the test Broncos.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
5280Bronco, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 01, 2020

You make a great point about the characteristics of the MGV that we might never know until we sit our butts in the seats.
@David - Is there any way to get some feedback on the MGV from anyone that has been doing testing in the Bronco? Not sure who all you have access to or what seats they had in the test Broncos.
Good call Deano. I was also wondering how comfortable the seats are in general? Like how is the lumbar support? I can live w/o power but a terrible seat would be a bummer since I would like to roundtrip the Bronc. Maybe some insight from the individuals logging miles in the Bronc during testing?
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
5280Bronco, Deano Bronc