Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 6, 2020
Texas
First Name
David
Last Name
Skourup
When I met my wife 30 years ago, she had a red 1989 Bronco II XL, 2.9L 5 spd. After it got a set of 235R15 All-terrain tires, it could keep up with my 1986 Toyota 4WD pickup just about anywhere off road. She loved her Bronco and it eventually went to her daughter when she got her drivers license. Now, with the new Bronco coming out, both are enthusiastic about getting a new one.

Looking forward to a 2dr Badlands, if finances allow.

Daughter is now married with kids, so she wants a 4dr Black Diamond. Has to have access to the back for those darn child safety seats.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

got plenty. planning to retire January or February 2021 and take our show on the road. love to drive backroads and trails anywhere we can find them.
Love your Bronco II.
Do you have any interior pics?
Was the Bronco II made with a removable rear seat? A great camping truck!

AmCap76

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 22, 2021
Pinehurst, NC, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Huff
Member #

Wikapedia has reviews on all of the negative press about rollovers. The Bronco II had quite a few lawsuits. .
In the eighties, I thought they were great fun. I say; damn the bad publicity! I’d like another...
I loved my Bronco 2. A 1990, 2.9L, 5 speed, manual transfer case, 30” BFGs. It held its own off road and was a blast in whatever snow New Hampshire could throw at us. Mine was silver but I found some pics that look identical otherwise, swanky red interior and all.
EA8A1D26-E2E7-440B-91AC-F9F9F57FE286.jpeg
56E0295E-3270-4416-9213-868703C7D56A.jpeg

HI ENUF

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin Dells, Wi
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Schulz
Bought my 84 in 85 and has 195,000 miles on it. Wheels have always stayed on the ground. Just don't take off ramps at 60 mph and know your limits on the trail. Only time I can remember the wheels not on the ground is the one time I was towed due to bad TFI module.
IMG_6560.JPG

Attachments

HI ENUF

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin Dells, Wi
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Schulz
Over the past year I have had this thing about rescuing these old horses and bringing them into my stalls to see if they could be saved. The gold 90 was in a recycle yard and my brother in law knows the owner and owed me a favor. Had it brought to my place. After an hour I had it started but the trans bleed all over the floor. Plowing is hard on those transmissions. Interior was excellent and is now in my 84.
The one on the left is my original 84 that I have owned since 85. Was in the process of redoing the exterior. The exterior was Raptor lined. No more branch scratches.
The red one is a 90 I found on CL. Have it running but trans will not shift properly. I want to get it road ready and just keep it stock. Has dana 35 up front and limited slip in rear. Inside is excellent bright red. Will have to remove and clean carpet & seats. Mice lived in it.
The one on the right is a 84 and came with the 302 hanging on the picker. Would like to put it into my original 84 since it still has the 2.8.
On the plus side I shouldn't have to go to NAPA to keep 2 of them running. Have plenty of extra parts.
The last pic is my 84 when I was ready to leave my corral this July. It hasn't been on the road since 2005.

Attachments

Last edited:

73chesney

Rank III

Supporter I

Apr 30, 2021
Germantown, Wisconsin
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Chesney
My very first ride was an '84 Bronco II. Red and white. All stock. I remember getting it on 2 wheels once taking a sharp U turn while cruising with friends. Hey I was 16 what do you want? LOL It got totaled when a snow bird in a jag ran a stop sign and I t-boned her. Trying to find pics...

Reactions: Soupcook

HI ENUF

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin Dells, Wi
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Schulz
My very first ride was an '84 Bronco II. Red and white. All stock. I remember getting it on 2 wheels once taking a sharp U turn while cruising with friends. Hey I was 16 what do you want? LOL It got totaled when a snow bird in a jag ran a stop sign and I t-boned her. Trying to find pics...
Has such a tight turning radius. never needed to do the "Y" turn.

Reactions: Soupcook