I like the Bronco II

Commodore
Jul 29, 2020

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2020

Wikapedia has reviews on all of the negative press about rollovers. The Bronco II had quite a few lawsuits. .
In the eighties, I thought they were great fun. I say; damn the bad publicity! I’d like another...
Sam I Am 1966, London88brncoii

Rank II

Jul 29, 2020

yeah, the press thing, when you have a vehicle that short and tall you need to have sense about how to drive it, but all the stuff that causes it to not be a road racer makes it great on the trail. Love mine. its my daily driver now.
NVSUR, BuzzyBud

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 29, 2020

I can't remember the last time I saw a Bronco II. You guys have any pictures?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Commodore

Rank II

Jul 30, 2020

89, 32” x11” tires, 411 gears w/ Detroit TruTrac LS front and rear, Dana 35 TTB front end swap. We tow it behind our camper. It’s a member of our family.

Attachments

Peitnahtan, 87BroncoVB

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 30, 2020

89, 32” x11” tires, 411 gears w/ Detroit TruTrac LS front and rear, Dana 35 TTB front end swap. We tow it behind our camper. It’s a member of our family.
That looks sweet!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Paul Dean, Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

Post some more Bronco II pictures...If you got em!

Rank II

Aug 14, 2020

got plenty. planning to retire January or February 2021 and take our show on the road. love to drive backroads and trails anywhere we can find them.

Attachments

Peitnahtan, HeyDobby

Rank V

Aug 15, 2020

got plenty. planning to retire January or February 2021 and take our show on the road. love to drive backroads and trails anywhere we can find them.

Sounds like the best way to live life :). Very cool.
NVSUR, Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2020

Great Photography!!
Best Bronco II pictures, ever!!!!
RavenousHokie

Rank II

Aug 15, 2020

Glamour shots
Sdakotabronco, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 16, 2020

The roll overs were a problem if you drove too hard.If you drove normally it wasn't a problem. Some didn't like the 2.8 but it was a great engine if you kept up valve lash and changed the phenolic cam gear when the mileage got high.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 16, 2020

We had a customer that had a Cherokee as a company errand car. Someone rolled it over (they had roll over issues too) on a straight and level road. Turns out they were driving like a maniac. Most of the Bronco ll rollovers we heard about were the fault of the driver going too fast for turns or evasive maneuvers.
If they took the advice of that sign on the side of the road with the numbers on it, they probably would been ok. Too many people especially those with no experience with high center of gravity vehicles drive them like they are a car.

Ya gotta slow down in a 4x4.
NVSUR, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 17, 2020

Looks great!!!
Commodore

Rank III

Aug 25, 2020

Screenshot_20200825-195056_Instagram.jpgNew to the forum, super pumped about the new Bronco. Here is my 1988 Bronco II, it's a love/hate relationship but glad I was able to come across this.
Peitnahtan, HeyDobby

Rank IV

Aug 26, 2020

The roll overs were a problem if you drove too hard.If you drove normally it wasn't a problem. Some didn't like the 2.8 but it was a great engine if you kept up valve lash and changed the phenolic cam gear when the mileage got high.
I use to carpool with a co-worker 70 miles RT in the late 90s in Fargo, ND area who had a Bronco II. We never had any problems! It was a nice vehicle! Just not the greatest on gas, but gas was cheap back then :)
Sdakotabronco, NVSUR

Rank II

Aug 26, 2020

that's a clean looking body, nice paint and nice wheels. I get the love /hate relationship. Just sold my sailboat that I had for 19 years, definitely some mixed feelings through the years, but it was worth it. The adventures equal it out.
NVSUR, Benjamin88B2

Rank II

Sep 12, 2020

Wow...these pics bring me right back to 1987 all over again! I had an '87 Bronco II, XLT, 2.8L, with a 5 speed. I was only 17 (drove like it, too) and I never came close to rolling it over. It takes a really incompetent driver to roll a car over, in my opinion. I also had a 6'-6" Meyer snow plow on it, which worked surprisingly well for a small truck. All good memories...
HeyDobby, NVSUR

Rank 0

Nov 01, 2020

Looking for Advice on a Bronco II....

I'm seriously considering buying a Bronco II that's super clean inside and out. It has a 2.9L Cologne V6 and a manual transmission. My question is for all of the current and former owners. Are there any known issues I should look out for? I ask, because several years ago I had a bad experience with a Nissan Xterra ( Faulty Fuel Level Sensor, Coolant in Radiator and Transmission Problems, etc.). All were known issues and if I had reached out on a forum like this I could have saved myself a lot of money and aggravation.

I'm aware of the short wheelbase and potential rollover issues, which is not a problem in my mind if the vehicle is driven properly. Anyway, hoping you can provide some advice and insight. I'm looking for something fun to drive while I wait for my 2021 to arrive which could be a while.
NVSUR, Commodore

Rank VI

Nov 01, 2020

Looking for Advice on a Bronco II....

I'm seriously considering buying a Bronco II that's super clean inside and out. It has a 2.9L Cologne V6 and a manual transmission. My question is for all of the current and former owners. Are there any known issues I should look out for? I ask, because several years ago I had a bad experience with a Nissan Xterra ( Faulty Fuel Level Sensor, Coolant in Radiator and Transmission Problems, etc.). All were known issues and if I had reached out on a forum like this I could have saved myself a lot of money and aggravation.

I'm aware of the short wheelbase and potential rollover issues, which is not a problem in my mind if the vehicle is driven properly. Anyway, hoping you can provide some advice and insight. I'm looking for something fun to drive while I wait for my 2021 to arrive which could be a while.
@KN-CT Get an Eddie Bauer !
Rust and Rollover is the only down side I’ve had.

Rank II

Nov 05, 2020

@KN-CT Get an Eddie Bauer !
Rust and Rollover is the only down side I’ve had.

I had a 1987 Bronco II with the 2.9L V6 and manual trans. It was a blast to drive. I went to the Joie Chitwood driving school, but I never came close to rolling over my Bronco II. I was always confused by the media hype about rollovers. I have since come to realize that the vehicle was not dangerous at all, it was the foolish drivers. They'll let anybody have a driver's license!

Rust and rust are the only two issues I would look out for, especially the brake lines. I'm in the Northeast USA, where rust starts in the showroom. Your Bronco may have lived in a different area. Also look closely at the spare tire frame mounting points for stress cracks. I recall that my spare tire wiggled around a lot during regular driving, and I had cracks in the tailgate around the spare tire latch area, in the middle of the tailgate. If I recall, the tailgate was fiberglass. I think you'd be wise to replace all the suspension bushings, too. That will tighten things up and give you a smoother ride. Good luck, and have fun with it!
Bronco ][, Commodore