I finally got to drive one. I’m blown away, abs is worth the wait!

JRHopp
Jul 27, 2021

Rank IV

Jul 27, 2021

My dealership got a “service loaner” that order holders are allowed to take for a spin. It’s a stock Badlands. I only had about 30 minutes free, but I took her out on the road and to say the least, I’m impressed.

The stock BL has a 2.3L, which is supposed to be the same as my Ranger. This thing runs smoooooth! It has more pep than the Ranger without any lag in the first couple of gears.

The 285s on the BL are MTs and there was virtually no road noise. We had the top down and for speed under 50mph you can hear the passenger without any problems with music playing. At interstate speed you get some minor wind and of course it’s noisy, but…it’s a convertible!

The drive at 70mph was so smooth. There is no drifting. You aren’t being jostled around like you’re in a truck. Sitting in the cockpit is a joy. Looking out over that beefy hood makes you feel great and the vehicle has an amazing stance.

I’m not a huge fan of the vinyl, but if you’re going to get it dirty, that’s the way to go. It did have a nice feel to it, and it looked good, but I’m going with the Roast Leather for my OBX. A lot of reviews talk about the “cheap plastic” interior. I’m not sure by what standard that is being compared. Yeah…it’s plastic. But it feels nice and looks nice. The premium interior will have a higher quality. If the interior is a sticking point, there are luxury vehicles out there. Having had a BMW X5 that was really great on the inside I can say the ambient lighting, wood trim and leather was nice, but also something to be obsessive about keeping clean. The Bronco isn’t made for keeping

The front speakers are more than adequate at 70mph. The back speakers, we’ll, they’re for the back seat. And with SYNC you can get a balance that works for you. The premium audio is probably way better, but unless you’re a complete audiophile, there’s nothing here to complain about. I’m a musician, I like to cruise with the sound up, and I didn’t think the stock lacked anything.

The spare is mounted really well. I read some early reports about the door not being adequate to support it. I’d call that fake

I really LOVE cyber orange. It pops in the sun. I wish it were slightly more orange. I’m sticking with rapid red though.

This unit has a front license plate mounted dead center. I’m not a fan of that. I may have to figure out something or look after market for the HD modular bumper.

I’m really glad I decided to wait it out, even if it ends up a 2021 Christmas present or a 2022 birthday present!

Attachments

KennyMac, Steve777468
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2021

Wank ER

Jul 29, 2021

Thanks for the report - good to hear from anther satisfied driver.
2021 FE Cactus Grey