I’m too short

Colegolla
Dec 28, 2021

Rank V

Dec 28, 2021

I need to get running boards. Getting in and out is hilarious, I giggle happily every time.
what are your recommendations. We have those ford rebate dollars thing, I’ve seen the 2 options available. Just wondering what I should do.
TK1215, Ditchrunner
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2021

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2021

I need to get running boards. Getting in and out is hilarious, I giggle happily every time.
what are your recommendations. We have those ford rebate dollars thing, I’ve seen the 2 options available. Just wondering what I should do.
Gorhino d6

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/d64129t-go-rhino-black-dominator-extreme-d6.html

Attachments

4by4, Ditchrunner

Road trip!!!

Dec 28, 2021

https://accessories.ford.com/collec...-step-bars?pf_t_model=Model: Ford_Bronco_2021
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
BuckYeah, Bschurr

Rank V

No Ragerts

Dec 28, 2021

My Bronco is actually one of the few vehicles my wife actually likes but, she too has a difficult time getting in.

I enjoy off-roading & plan to use my Bronco in the dirt so I am holding out for the Goat Fabrication rock rails / steps that are currently in development. The only downside is that they are not yet available but, coming soon!

Here why I am going in this direction:
- Won’t reduce ground clearance
- Frame mounted not body mounted
- Rock rail & step in one
- Don’t stick out too far
- Look great
- Made in the USA

013D529B-778B-4D48-B0CE-D8EB56D4EF35.png
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
motomanmel, katie the bronco

Rank V

Dec 28, 2021

My Bronco is actually one of the few vehicles my wife actually likes but, she too has a difficult time getting in.

I enjoy off-roading & plan to use my Bronco in the dirt so I am holding out for the Goat Fabrication rock rails / steps that are currently in development. The only downside is that they are not yet available but, coming soon!

- Look great
- Made in the USA

View attachment 24699
Is there a link for them? So I can keep an eye out? Love made in the USA
Bronco Hueso, Bschurr

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2021

More about company and other step options are on their site. U.S. made products.
https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6
Colegolla

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Dec 28, 2021

Climbing aboard is one thing, but there is no way to leave gracefully. I sort of just spill out of it onto the ground.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Ditchrunner, Bronco Hueso

Rank V

Dec 28, 2021

More about company and other step options are on their site. Us made products.
https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6
Thank you!! Love USA made and family run. Especially since those are the same reasons I can afford this bronco!
Bronco Hueso, BroncOitis

Rank V

Dec 28, 2021

Climbing aboard is one thing, but there is no way to leave gracefully. I sort of just spill out of it onto the ground.
I just slide out…. Feet out, hope the ground stops you.
I’m so happy it’s here, I’d jump down if I had to.
Can’t say it enough. I’m more pleased than I could have hoped.
The wait was longer than I’d have liked, and I honestly wasn’t hoping for too much.
I am in love. Don’t think I could be more pleased. I’ll gladly slither on out if need be.
Mikegator, Ditchrunner

Rank V

Dec 28, 2021

- Look great
- Made in the USA

View attachment 24699

I had something similar on my TJ. Very nice!
On Order, 11/15/21: MY22 Badlands 2-dr, Carb Gray, 2.3L, 7spd, SAS, Lux Reorder, 9/23/22: MY23, dropped tow.
Sche'd Production: 11/28/22, Modules Live: 11/30/22. Delivered 12/02/22.
Bschurr

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2021

Go Rhino Dominator D1. They at least drop a couple inches unlike the D6. I use them all the time to get in.

20211125_154110.jpg
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Bronco Hueso, LR48

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2021

Go Rhino Dominator D1. They at least drop a couple inches unlike the D6. I use them all the time to get in.

View attachment 24704
D1 the dip in height is permanent. D6 stirrups are removable when you want full clearance.

Just depends on personal preference. I preferred being able to have the stirrups option on the boards. But both are great options.
BroncOitis, EvlNvrDys

No Ragerts

Dec 28, 2021

I had something similar on my TJ. Very nice!
My JKU Rubicon Hard Rock has factory rock rails that are nearly identical - I love ‘em!
3F89804B-2E6C-42AD-BFEC-B8882241AE8B.jpeg
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
WhiskeyCity, BuckYeah

Rank II

Dec 28, 2021

My wife is 5'2" it should be funny watching her getting in and out.
Bschurr

Rank 0

Dec 28, 2021

They're pricey, but the Rockslide Engineering power step (which is also a rock slider) is pretty awesome.
skipwal, CliffB

🐎Moab bound🐎

Dec 28, 2021

@Bt_ostate do these mount to the frame? I will be in the same boat as @Colegolla - I'm not short, but I do have a very bad hip and the other is bad. So, I will need to do something and soon.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!

🐎Moab bound🐎

Dec 28, 2021

I just slide out…. Feet out, hope the ground stops you.
I’m so happy it’s here, I’d jump down if I had to.
Can’t say it enough. I’m more pleased than I could have hoped.
The wait was longer than I’d have liked, and I honestly wasn’t hoping for too much.
I am in love. Don’t think I could be more pleased. I’ll gladly slither on out if need be.
I like the jumping out!! When I test drove one, it just made me smile that I will soon again be jumping out of my rig!
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2021

@Bt_ostate do these mount to the frame? I will be in the same boat as @Colegolla - I'm not short, but I do have a very bad hip and the other is bad. So, I will need to do something and soon.
Pinch welds and body just like the factory rock rails I pulled off did. Uses exact same mounting holes.
Darrel

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2021

- Look great
- Made in the USA

View attachment 24699
These could be great. Like the frame mount and limited clearance reduction. Think they’ll fill in the voids to keep the rocks, snow, ice below the door panels?
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
Bschurr