I’m switching to Badlands for ‘22

Cooknn
Aug 20, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 20, 2021

The Off-Rodeo was a blast and also very helpful regarding my decision making process now that I get a second shot at my build for ‘22. Outer Banks in AMB was going to be my build, but now I know I need a lighter color and must have automatic stabilizer bar disconnect. AMB is gorgeous, but on the battle tested Bronco’s at Off-Rodeo in TX that color showed its scars from branches much more obviously than the lighter colors. And with the other hardware upgrades Badlands has to offer, I’m just about certain this will be the direction I go. Got my build to within $395 by deleting leather. Am pretty excited about the marine grade vinyl seats, actually.

Unless Ford offers customizable options for interior accent colors ie. Grab Handles and Seat Thread, my ‘22 Badlands will be Cyber Orange. Will have to go against the wife on this one. She will not be in agreement with that color :rolleyes:
ZA-Val, Flourman
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 21, 2021

I think I am doing the same thing. I was all in on the Wildtrak, but with the top hokey-pokey, and the washout interior. An eruption green Badands will be just the ticket.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Airwolf, Bronc96

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

I think I am doing the same thing. I was all in on the Wildtrak, but with the top hokey-pokey, and the washout interior. An eruption green Badands will be just the ticket.
I like the eruption green, and I like the orange interior accents on the badlands, but I fear the two would clash horribly. I'm feeling another round of paint code roulette coming when 22 order banks open.
But definitely keeping my order a Badlands.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

Well, I caved on the battle for Cyber Orange. My wife really digs Iconic Silver with the Badlands Cyber Orange accents inside. I’m a new fan of Iconic Silver :giggle:
Deano Bronc, weshamm

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 21, 2021

Well, I caved on the battle for Cyber Orange. My wife really digs Iconic Silver with the Badlands Cyber Orange accents inside. I’m a new fan of Iconic Silver :giggle:
Hey Cooknn,
Amazing isn't it how you were able to quickly decided that Iconic Silver was the best colour choice. The mind works in mysterious ways doesn't it?
Deano Bronc, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

Sounds like you're a wise man... ;)
Cyber Orange 4dr BadSquatch 2.7 Soft top (no tow)
Deano Bronc, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

I like the eruption green, and I like the orange interior accents on the badlands, but I fear the two would clash horribly. I'm feeling another round of paint code roulette coming when 22 order banks open.
But definitely keeping my order a Badlands.
I've thought the same, hopefully there will be some interior color options available in MY22 ordering. I think because the cyber orange is more yellow it wont be too bad with eruption green, but say you got an eruption green outerbanks, the velocity blue interior accents would look awful.
Mal, KennyMac

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 23, 2021

I've thought the same, hopefully there will be some interior color options available in MY22 ordering. I think because the cyber orange is more yellow it wont be too bad with eruption green, but say you got an eruption green outerbanks, the velocity blue interior accents would look awful.
I am hopeful we are going to get some other interior options, especially in the MGV. If the Orange trim is hanging around, at least it will go with the orange from the badlands fender badge.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

Rank 0

Aug 23, 2021

The Off-Rodeo was a blast and also very helpful regarding my decision making process now that I get a second shot at my build for ‘22. Outer Banks in AMB was going to be my build, but now I know I need a lighter color and must have automatic stabilizer bar disconnect. AMB is gorgeous, but on the battle tested Bronco’s at Off-Rodeo in TX that color showed its scars from branches much more obviously than the lighter colors. And with the other hardware upgrades Badlands has to offer, I’m just about certain this will be the direction I go. Got my build to within $395 by deleting leather. Am pretty excited about the marine grade vinyl seats, actually.

Unless Ford offers customizable options for interior accent colors ie. Grab Handles and Seat Thread, my ‘22 Badlands will be Cyber Orange. Will have to go against the wife on this one. She will not be in agreement with that color :rolleyes:

My first choice is yellow, which is always my go to color, but since no yellow yet I would be tempted to go with Cyber Orange, but like you my wife says she doesn't want an orange truck sitting in front of the house. :giggle:

Since the Jeep I'm selling to get the Bronco is a white 2dr, looks like I'm getting a white Bronco. Unless they still sneak a yellowstone in on us for 2022. Then I'll have to keep the yellow Jeep. I'm also changed to a non-SAS Badlands, gotta have the lockers and big front axle and the disco sway bar.
Deano Bronc, Cooknn