I’m finally here at the Texas off Rodeo, Day 1 has been fantastic ! Instructors Blake, Brian and Mia are awesome !!!

BucknBronc
Jul 11, 2021

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2021

71AB6663-8785-47AF-BA1F-7603DDFB3382.jpeg54BB724E-C23A-4954-9E3A-7C606FD954FC.jpeg
the poacher, Bronco_Girl
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2021

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 11, 2021

Second pic shows where a locker is needed.Articulation is pretty good.
First pic makes me wonder about the oil pickup and sump set up so it doesn't suck air.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jul 11, 2021

I’ll be there tomorrow.
2dr Base, Carb Gr, 2.3L, MT, flr liners, aux switch. Res 7/24; Order 1/27; 7/21 VIN; prod 8/23; prod 8/31; prod 9/27; Delivered 12/4/21.
bdawson24, the poacher

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2021

Second pic shows where a locker is needed.Articulation is pretty good.
First pic makes me wonder about the oil pickup and sump set up so it doesn't suck air.
Indeed , they will put the vehicle in situations to
Show you those features.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jul 11, 2021

Hoping for a picture of a Badlands 2-Door! Any color will do! Thank you!
the poacher, Bronc96

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2021

I will take one today
Bronc96, 14U

Rank 0

Rank III

Jul 11, 2021

I’m leaving for Roadeo in 40 minutes. I’ll try to get a photo for you.
2dr Base, Carb Gr, 2.3L, MT, flr liners, aux switch. Res 7/24; Order 1/27; 7/21 VIN; prod 8/23; prod 8/31; prod 9/27; Delivered 12/4/21.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jul 11, 2021

Here you Go
Excellent! Thank you!
I was hoping I could find a Badlands 2-door to drive at Off-Roadeo. Looks like they have several. Nice.

Rank VI

Jul 11, 2021

Excellent thread! Thank you!
Curious! From what you have seen, are the Broncos equipped with mostly High and/or Lux packages? That would give you the 12" monitor. I hope so!
At any time during your behind the wheel training, did you use the trail camera and the image on the monitor as an aid? Impressions?
Bronc96

Rank 0

Jul 12, 2021

I just completed the Bronco Offrodeo and
Curious! From what you have seen, are the Broncos equipped with mostly High and/or Lux packages? That would give you the 12" monitor. I hope so!
At any time during your behind the wheel training, did you use the trail camera and the image on the monitor as an aid? Impressions?
Ok so to be fair I have a badlands, Lux with Squatch ordered . I relied allot on the monitor because I’m an amateur and could see what was coming so it made it easier for me. I like the 360 view because I could see all around as well as where my tires were going. The course challenged what I would ever consider doing with my own vehicle , I’m sure there are those who would consider it tame. Our instructors , Blake , Brian and Mia made this so much fun. The biggest testament to both instructors and the vehicle is the limited damage to these preproduction Broncos . Everyday we did a walk around for damage and other than scuff marks after 6 weeks with dealers , 2 weeks with the media and over 2 weeks with order holders the damage is minimal. I’m taking mine out when I get it just to show my wife what I have learned.
SlashRacer, Jmoder

Rank V

Jul 12, 2021

During the first day, when the group is walking around the OBX course and instructors are explaining the different obstacles and how to navigate them, I drove one of the higher-end models with the 12" screen and trail cameras. It's impressive technology, but I'm old school and would rather trust my spotter and the feel of the vehicle. The guides were experienced, I watched them and followed their instructions rather than stare at the screen.

The rest of the time on the trail I was in a 2 door Big Bend that only had the 8" screen, no cameras, and was more basic overall - which was fine because I ordered a BaseSquatch.

I'm of the opinion that the driver should be looking OUT of the vehicle at the trail, rather than be staring at a screen inside, but that's just me. I find screens (of any size) inside vehicles distracting, when I'm driving, I pay attention to what's around the vehicle, rather than what's inside it.
Jmoder, BucknBronc

Rank 0

Jul 13, 2021

Here is another fun Picture
1626183157971.png
Deano Bronc, Jmoder

Rank III

Jul 13, 2021

It is so awesome. Pray the rain holds off for the guide drive track. o_O
BuzzyBud

Rank III

Jul 13, 2021

During the first day, when the group is walking around the OBX course and instructors are explaining the different obstacles and how to navigate them, I drove one of the higher-end models with the 12" screen and trail cameras. It's impressive technology, but I'm old school and would rather trust my spotter and the feel of the vehicle. The guides were experienced, I watched them and followed their instructions rather than stare at the screen.

The rest of the time on the trail I was in a 2 door Big Bend that only had the 8" screen, no cameras, and was more basic overall - which was fine because I ordered a BaseSquatch.

I'm of the opinion that the driver should be looking OUT of the vehicle at the trail, rather than be staring at a screen inside, but that's just me. I find screens (of any size) inside vehicles distracting, when I'm driving, I pay attention to what's around the vehicle, rather than what's inside it.
I had 8-inch screen in a 2-door base on day 1 and big ol honkin 12 inch screen in a 4-door wildtrack on day 2. I have a base scheduled for production in late August. I agree on the looking outside the vehicle. That said, the technology of the higher end models is crazy impressive.
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud