Sync 4 System

kimmiemom
Aug 24, 2022

Rank I

Aug 24, 2022

Is anyone having issues with their Sync 4 system? I took delivery last Friday and told the dealership not to worry about setting up my phone with the Sync because my last 3 vehicles have had Sync 3 and I knew how to set it up. Well, then I thought I didn't, because I would setup the phone through bluetooth, but when I hit the sync button on the steering column it would open the google assistant on my phone instead of going through sync. I went to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't figure it out either. The first thought was that I have an older android and perhaps it didn't support the sync 4, but then it was doing same on their phones. So now they're saying I need an update on my system. Does the new system not come on and say "Sync, please say a command"? Or am I just missing something? Honestly, Sync 3 was fine for me and my limited capability, lol
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2022

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2022

Is anyone having issues with their Sync 4 system? I took delivery last Friday and told the dealership not to worry about setting up my phone with the Sync because my last 3 vehicles have had Sync 3 and I knew how to set it up. Well, then I thought I didn't, because I would setup the phone through bluetooth, but when I hit the sync button on the steering column it would open the google assistant on my phone instead of going through sync. I went to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't figure it out either. The first thought was that I have an older android and perhaps it didn't support the sync 4, but then it was doing same on their phones. So now they're saying I need an update on my system. Does the new system not come on and say "Sync, please say a command"? Or am I just missing something? Honestly, Sync 3 was fine for me and my limited capability, lol

Say "Sync"? Nope, never. If I hit the voice icon I get Google Assistant when connected to my phone. It defaults to Android Auto using Google Assistant. Only time I get the sexy female "Ford" voice is if my phone isn't connected yet.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Rank I

Aug 24, 2022

Say "Sync"? Nope, never. If I hit the voice icon I get Google Assistant when connected to my phone. It defaults to Android Auto using Google Assistant. Only time I get the sexy female "Ford" voice is if my phone isn't connected yet.
Okay, I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly - when connected to the phone, sync is no longer its own voice activated system, it utilizes google assistant on your phone?
EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2022

Okay, I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly - when connected to the phone, sync is no longer its own voice activated system, it utilizes google assistant on your phone?

That is correct.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Rank I

Aug 24, 2022

That is correct.
Thank you so much. I did find a couple of articles about it. Looks like Ford made a 6 year deal with the devil (google). I love the vehicle too much to be hateful over google having yet more information about me, so I'll just deal with it. It's just annoying that this is how we are conditioned and manipulated. Bright side is, when necessary, I'll rip that crap right out of it and still have a cool, utilitarian vehicle ;)
EvlNvrDys

Aug 24, 2022

If you use CarPlay then you can use Siri as well. I think mine came with some trial for Alexa as well…never used that because I don’t want swole Bezos listening to me.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
EvlNvrDys, kimmiemom