How to Remove the Soft Top on the 2021 Ford Bronco

David
Nov 20, 2020

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

Hey everyone,

The first of the How-To videos that we've filmed with @Nashville Early Bronco is going to premier tonight at 7PM eastern. Tune in to see how you can take the soft top off of a 2021 Ford Bronco.

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
EZAPAR, Rcarder1975
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

Thank you for posting! My 4 door BB is going soft top so this is real helpful.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Aaron936, Cooppierce

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

So it begins...
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Cooppierce

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

lol I just so happened to log on at the exact right time asit was being posted :LOL:
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

Please remember folks, this is a video on how to remove a soft top, no more, no less. I know we're all exciting but the Bronco is not going to turn into an F-22 and fly away. It's a simple how to video.
Steamroller72, gvanroy

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

Never considered starting with just the soft top, but now, I’m sealed. My BL will get it’s hard hat later!
bdawson24, RonM0710

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

Hey everyone,

The first of the How-To videos that we've filmed with @Nashville Early Bronco is going to premier tonight at 7PM eastern. Tune in to see how you can take the soft top off of a 2021 Ford Bronco.

Thank you David. I have been waiting for this video. Now how about some still photos of it down from different angles.
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.

Rank IV

Nov 21, 2020

Thanks for posting! I haven't priced a Bronco without a hard top yet and after seeing that video I'll be going soft top if I decide on the 4 door. It may only be a how-to video but its nice to see parts moving instead of a still shot on a near production bronco. I'm sure BN has many more to post and I look forward to watching them all.

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 21, 2020

Pretty cool. Seems like a bit of a PITA to have to use tools to completely remove the top though. And those clips. Wonder how well they will stand up to use before breaking.
Fstfrd00

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

hard top for me still but its cool and made my decision a bit harder
nic, Garemlin

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 21, 2020

hard top for me still but its cool and made my decision a bit harder

No other choice for me. Hard top for security. I've always said I'm really only interested in take the front and mid panels off on a regular basis. The rear shell will rarely come off.
MDT, David_AK

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

No other choice for me. Hard top for security. I've always said I'm really only interested in take the front and mid panels off on a regular basis. The rear shell will rarely come off.
For sure!!!

Rank III

Nov 21, 2020

When is the next video supposed to be released? What’s the complete schedule and video titles going to be?

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

When is the next video supposed to be released? What’s the complete schedule and video titles going to be?
Thanks for your interest! We certainly want to release them as quickly as possible but there are a few factors at play.

First, filming these videos and getting them right takes a lot of time, more than is immediately apparent. Time with the Broncos that are available is extremely limited. There aren't very many around for filming and many of the ones that are have similar specs. We don't just need a random 4 door, we need a 4 door with this particular top and that Bronco might not be available because it's on its way to an event or being held back for who knows what reason. You have to remember that these are some of the most in-demand vehicles on the planet, so getting time with them is a challenge.

Second, every detail counts in these videos because there's safety and legal considerations at play. We can't make a video that accidently tells someone to do something unsafe, so every detail has to be checked and rechecked. Also, we sometimes have to refilm, recut, or rerecord audio and, due to the first issue above, that might not be able to happen for awhile.

Third, COVID lockdowns have recently escalated severely in Michigan and Ford (quite understandably) is being very careful how much they let outsiders like Bronco Nation touch and be around vehicles that will have Ford employees or Ford supplier employees in them. This further limits what's possible.

Given the fact that the soft top was on everyone's mind this week and that it hadn't been seen by or demonstrated for the public in this detail, the team powered this one through so that more people could make better buying decisions. The soft top is standard on the four door for every trim from Base to Badlands. We really wanted to make sure that people had a chance to see what they were getting. Ford agreed and was a big help in getting this video through to the finish line. Also, @Nashville Early Bronco put in a tremendous effort to get this ready and there's a big tip of the hat in order for him.

So we're going to try and get as many of these out as quickly as possible but nothing is certain. There's your director's commentary for the video, hope you stay tuned for more.
TMendez, tlowell01

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

David, thank you for the video. Now I am happy the 4 Door comes standard with the soft top.
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.
Jakob1972, David

Rank III

Nov 21, 2020

Thanks for your interest! We certainly want to release them as quickly as possible but there are a few factors at play.

First, filming these videos and getting them right takes a lot of time, more than is immediately apparent. Time with the Broncos that are available is extremely limited. There aren't very many around for filming and many of the ones that are have similar specs. We don't just need a random 4 door, we need a 4 door with this particular top and that Bronco might not be available because it's on its way to an event or being held back for who knows what reason. You have to remember that these are some of the most in-demand vehicles on the planet, so getting time with them is a challenge.

Second, every detail counts in these videos because there's safety and legal considerations at play. We can't make a video that accidently tells someone to do something unsafe, so every detail has to be checked and rechecked. Also, we sometimes have to refilm, recut, or rerecord audio and, due to the first issue above, that might not be able to happen for awhile.

Third, COVID lockdowns have recently escalated severely in Michigan and Ford (quite understandably) is being very careful how much they let outsiders like Bronco Nation touch and be around vehicles that will have Ford employees or Ford supplier employees in them. This further limits what's possible.

Given the fact that the soft top was on everyone's mind this week and that it hadn't been seen by or demonstrated for the public in this detail, the team powered this one through so that more people could make better buying decisions. The soft top is standard on the four door for every trim from Base to Badlands. We really wanted to make sure that people had a chance to see what they were getting. Ford agreed and was a big help in getting this video through to the finish line. Also, @Nashville Early Bronco put in a tremendous effort to get this ready and there's a big tip of the hat in order for him.

So we're going to try and get as many of these out as quickly as possible but nothing is certain. There's your director's commentary for the video, hope you stay tuned for more.

Oh dang, I didn’t expect a full answer like that. Thank you!!
I was assuming that the videos were already made at the same time and were just going to be released at certain times to give us something to do until order and drive.
Thanks again for the reply David. (y)
David

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

Pretty cool. Seems like a bit of a PITA to have to use tools to completely remove the top though. And those clips. Wonder how well they will stand up to use before breaking.

Fist thing I thought of too with the clips.

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

Just for fun, here’s some BTS shots of the shoot.
media.jpgmedia.jpg
tlowell01, Shadowblade

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

Echoing the other comments, really appreciate the video! Since joining, Bronco Nation has been an excellent resource . Thanks David!
bdawson24

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

Love the transparency. Maybe y’all can rub off on Ford with this...
[O- 725 -O]
tlowell01, Shadowblade