Mar 02, 2021

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Bike007b, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 02, 2021

No Ragerts

Mar 02, 2021

Awesome! I really like how easy the grill & fender flares are to remove as well.

The ability to easily customize my Bronco is a terrific attribute of the vehicle and fantastic testament to the Ford Designers & Engineers prowess. Kudos!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronc96, Midnight Blue

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 02, 2021

This is a game changer. I can see an aftermarket wide body kit with integrated fender flares that would negate the need for the factory landscape edging.
Bronc96, NVSUR

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

I think I can do this in my garage with the tools I have!
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Bronc96, NVSUR

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

Those scratches on the bumper from removing the fascia. Ope.

This is awesome though.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Bronc96, ATC Enthusiast

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

Wow! This will be cool to see the fender options in the aftermarket. Baja/Pre-Runner style will look great.

Maybe I've missed this, but how will the rear work? I see it being easy on the 2-door but the 4-door needs to deal with the rear quarters and the rear doors to change the wheel opening.
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
Soupcook, Bronc96

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 02, 2021

Wow! This will be cool to see the fender options in the aftermarket. Baja/Pre-Runner style will look great.

Maybe I've missed this, but how will the rear work? I see it being easy on the 2-door but the 4-door needs to deal with the rear quarters and the rear doors to change the wheel opening.

Easier than the front

Soupcook, Bronc96

Moab or bust!!!

Mar 02, 2021

Yep, I've been wondering that myself. Definitely won't be as easy or cheap as on the 2D.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Soupcook, Bronc96

No Ragerts

Mar 02, 2021

Easier than the front

So the new Bronco is basically a Lego set :ROFLMAO:
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Soupcook, Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

What will you actually do with that though. How many of us will pay hundreds, or thousands, for new body panels and will you have them painted to match. Is this cool, or is it practical, or is it just a gimmick?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank III

Mar 02, 2021

What will you actually do with that though. How many of us will pay hundreds, or thousands, for new body panels and will you have them painted to match. Is this cool, or is it practical, or is it just a gimmick?

Even if you don't buy new body parts to swap out you can now fix your own bronco panels if they get damaged. This is very practical. How often does the average person use the hazard lights, car jack, spare tire? It is a similar item, there for you if you want to use them but don't have to ever touch it. Look at how many people driving can't change their own tire, check oil, etc. But those wouldn't be questions of a gimmick because they have a purpose that everyone is told about.
Soupcook, ATC Enthusiast

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

I guess I feel like it's a gimmick because it isn't new. It's being marketed as innovative and modular, but I can go unbolt my 2005 Ford fenders and remove them simply. There are plenty of vehicles with bolt on fenders. It isn't new, unique, innovative or cutting edge. It's status quo marketed as, drum roll...modular (or insert new marketing term).

Check out Keystone:

https://www.ebay.com/b/Keystone-Aut...eplacement-Fenders-Fenders/33644/bn_116248139
Bolt-on fenders, everywhere!

As a matter of fact, when I bought my 2005 Ford, one of the first modifications I was going to make...wait for it, was a second set of fenders, so I could cut the wheel openings larger. Ended up not needing larger wheel openings, but for a few hundred bucks I could have a second set of aftermarket (a/m) fenders.
Soupcook

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

I guess I feel like it's a gimmick because it isn't new. It's being marketed as innovative and modular, but I can go unbolt my 2005 Ford fenders and remove them simply. There are plenty of vehicles with bolt on fenders. It isn't new, unique, innovative or cutting edge. It's status quo marketed as, drum roll...modular (or insert new marketing term).

Check out Keystone:

https://www.ebay.com/b/Keystone-Aut...eplacement-Fenders-Fenders/33644/bn_116248139
Bolt-on fenders, everywhere!

As a matter of fact, when I bought my 2005 Ford, one of the first modifications I was going to make...wait for it, was a second set of fenders, so I could cut the wheel openings larger. Ended up not needing larger wheel openings, but for a few hundred bucks I could have a second set of aftermarket (a/m) fenders.

For that matter, the original Gen 1 Bronco has bolt-on front fenders. For most vehicles this is for ease of assembly and repair. For the new Bronco it's also for modularity and customization. Having the ability to easily unbolt and replace all four corners really one-ups Jeep. That's what counts.

I don't see it as a gimmick at all.
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
ATC Enthusiast, Soupcook

No Ragerts

Mar 02, 2021

Totally agree @gibsBRonCO
Think how awesome it would be to simply slap on a set of flat fenders for off road use and then swap back to the factory units for mall crawling...
Soupcook, Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

If Jeep, and many other manufacturers, have been able to do this for decades, how is this one-upping Jeep?

No Ragerts

Mar 02, 2021

If Jeep, and many other manufacturers, have been able to do this for decades, how is this one-upping Jeep?
Removing front quarter panels is not revolutionary but having the manufacturer include a tool kit and instructions to do so is unique.

I own a TJ & JK and you cannot unbolt a rear quarter panel of a Wrangler.

I can envision the AM going crazy with fiberglass options for all sorts of reasonable priced bolt on body panels.
Soupcook, Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

Uh, ok. I hope you upload pics of your tricked out Bronco as soon as you get a/m fenders and quarters.

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

Jeep Wrangler rear quarters are not removable. Only the rear flares are.

The link you posted showed all front fenders. There may be some out there, but I don't know of any other vehicle that has bolt on rear quarters.

(No offense intended.)
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

No offense taken. Because most rear panels (quarter panels) are part of the structure of the vehicle, they are structural components that are not removable. They protect the occupants in a crash.

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

No offense taken. Because most rear panels (quarter panels) are part of the structure of the vehicle, they are structural components that are not removable. They protect the occupants in a crash.

Agree. And that's what is innovative about the Bronco rear quarters. Protection is built into the inner quarter structure.

I did think of one other vehicle with bolt on rear fenders - the old Volkswagen Beetle! The aftermarket did support replacement fenders for both the front and rear. The Baja Bug is an example along with several different styles of wider and/or flared fiberglass fenders were available back in the day!
Soupcook