How to change your transfer case fluid

ironside
Aug 10, 2021

Rank III

Aug 10, 2021

Please like subscribe and share

How To Change Your Transfer case Fluid | Ford Bronco Ford F150 F250 F350 Ford 4x4
luz, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2021

Rank V

Aug 10, 2021

I have had 4 wheel drive vehicles for 40 years. Have never changed transfer case fluid. Pretty sure I don't need to subscribe, and won't share...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
AcesandEights

Rank VI

Aug 10, 2021

Please like subscribe and share

How To Change Your Transfer case Fluid | Ford Bronco Ford F150 F250 F350 Ford 4x4
Appreciate you sharing (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
ironside

Rank VI

Aug 10, 2021

I've changed the t-case fluid in all my 4x4 vehicles, at least twice as often as recommended...usually much more often, and this wasn't helpful. Can you tell I'm triggered, haha. Seriously though, changing t-case fluid is about as easy as unscrewing a couple of plugs!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
ironside

Rank III

Aug 10, 2021

I've changed the t-case fluid in all my 4x4 vehicles, at least twice as often as recommended...usually much more often, and this wasn't helpful. Can you tell I'm triggered, haha. Seriously though, changing t-case fluid is about as easy as unscrewing a couple of plugs!
Preventative maintenance goes along way. I keep 8–12 OBS ford trucks in my fleet all the time. Some people (like my kids) don’t really get into maintenance. So these videos are 1. Basic 2. Helps noobs when they explore the older truck hobby. 3. Sometime people need to “see it” to do it.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 10, 2021

Preventative maintenance goes along way. I keep 8–12 OBS ford trucks in my fleet all the time. Some people (like my kids) don’t really get into maintenance. So these videos are 1. Basic 2. Helps noobs when they explore the older truck hobby. 3. Sometime people need to “see it” to do it.
Sometimes its hard to understand why some people fear doing even the most mundane thing on their own vehicles. My son-in-law who is 30 years had never did any kind of maintenance himself. He recently bought a '67 Chrysler Newport Convertible and suddenly he is interested in working on it himself. The 1st thing he wanted to do was do his own oil change. Had him bring it over to my garage and told him what he needed to do through each step. He finally had gotten his hands dirty! He as amazed how simple it was but he never had the confidence to take that first step. I also bought him a shop manual for it and our next project will be lowering the gas tank to fix some leaky hoses.

It can take the smallest thing to get someone interested in doing things for themselves.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96, ironside

Rank VI

Aug 10, 2021

Now he doesn't have to pay $40 to get the oil changed, and knows the oil drain plug was put back right!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Bronc96, ironside

Rank III

Mar 03, 2022

I agree. But I have kids that have never done it. Now other people new to the hobby can.

Rank III

Mar 03, 2022

Please, to hell with changing the fluid, just drop a new transfer case in that truck. Easy as a pain in the butt. It's actually not too bad, it's been done on my Bronco and my brother replaced his on his 250 a while back.
I sell and install tcases