How To Change Front Differential Oil

ironside
Aug 07, 2021

Rank III

Aug 07, 2021

Front Differential Oil Change | Ford Bronco F150 TTB IFS-Dana44 | Proper Procedure
GAN, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 07, 2021

Rank V

Aug 07, 2021

I think I'll be doing both diffs after break in...
Put in some quality oil instead of the factory dishwater.
DRWright

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 07, 2021

Good stuff.
DRWright

Rank VI

Aug 07, 2021

I think I'll be doing both diffs after break in...
Put in some quality oil instead of the factory dishwater.
I know they say the tolerances from the factory are good and usually wouldn't need a break in period oil change but I have done front and rear after 500 miles break in and it has worked for me so I plan to continue that tradition.

Also I always enjoy OG maintenance videos. It is relaxing lol.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Deano Bronc, WuNgUn

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 07, 2021

I know they say the tolerances from the factory are good and usually wouldn't need a break in period oil change but I have done front and rear after 500 miles break in and it has worked for me so I plan to continue that tradition.

Also I always enjoy OG maintenance videos. It is relaxing lol.

I doesn't hurt to change the diff oil.Especially if you have been in water deep enough to cover the axle, water can get in.

"If you’re anything like me, you’re not going to want to sit there for hours waiting for your driveline to cool down before you get your hubs wet. As we said before, when the driveline gets hot, it vents air out … when it cools down, yep you guessed it, it sucks air back in; if your diffs are hot and the breather goes underwater, it is going to suck litres of water through the breather. In some cases, breathers have a one-way valve that closes when the pressure flips, and in this case that water can be sucked in through your axle or pinion seals."
Deano Bronc, DRWright