How Much for My 2021 Ford Bronco *Article*

David
Jan 21, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2021

Bronco Nation correspondent, Dusty Rhodes breaks down the pricing calculator in the Bronco build and price tool:

https://community.thebronconation.com/how-much-for-my-2021-bronco/

Are you leasing or buying?

Bronco Leasing Comparison.jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
RussRider, katiehutson
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021

Rank V

Jan 22, 2021

Keep in mind that lease finance factors, residuals and incentives (not holding my breath for those on Bronco) are updated quarterly for most vehicle models...so what you calculate now for your Bronco, while in the ballpark, may very well be different come Q2 (April 1st through June 30th or thereabouts), that is if you happen to be lucky enough to get an early Summer delivery (if you order a 4DR Big Bend, no leather, 2.3L, no Sasquatch...). Certainly for Q3 (July 1st through Sep 30th) and each quarter beyond, once some Broncos hit the road, the lease pricing will be dynamic.
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Girlbronco, Ashlesophia

Rank VI

Jan 25, 2021

Bronco Nation correspondent, Dusty Rhodes breaks down the pricing calculator in the Bronco build and price tool:

https://community.thebronconation.com/how-much-for-my-2021-bronco/

Are you leasing or buying?

View attachment 7817
Appreciate the table. Obviously the financing is going to differ from person to person, and I’d be surprised if they didn’t offer 0% for shorter term loans. This certainly is a good quick reference to get folks in the ballpark though!
Bronclahoma

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 25, 2021

Forgot the Big Bend..
My numbers for purchase are much lower.
I would consider a lease if it was a true lease, not a balloon note. My payment has to be below 500/mnth with insurance.If it takes a 20k down payment thats what it takes.Which brings me to insurance, who has numbers? I was quoted 2200/yr with comp, glass and collision.
IL21Bronco

Rank VI

Jan 25, 2021

Forgot the Big Bend..
I would consider a lease if it was a true lease, not a balloon note. My payment has to be below 500/mnth with insurance.If it takes a 20k down payment thats what it takes.Which brings me to insurance, who has numbers? I was quoted 2200/yr with comp, glass and collision.
Dang $2200 a year seems really high for one vehicle. That’s more than I pay for 4 vehicles total. What deductible is that?
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 25, 2021

I’m quite surprised that the residuals on the Bronco (released earlier this month) are so bad.
Bronclahoma

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 25, 2021

Dang $2200 a year seems really high for one vehicle. That’s more than I pay for 4 vehicles total. What deductible is that?

Rank VI

Jan 25, 2021

Forgot the Big Bend..
You should shop around. I’m at $1300 for a 2019 Armada with a ticket on my record.

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

Call me old school, but I have never leased and I stopped financing a long time ago. I keep my cars and trucks 10 years, save up for the next one during that time period, the car that the Bronco is replacing is now 17! And yes, looks almost showroom new!
I wasn't there...
14U, Broncofly

Rank V

Jan 31, 2021

10,500 miles per year on the lease lol. We live rural nw Oklahoma, driving lots of miles per year is just part of every day living. We have no trouble putting 25k-30k miles on each vehicle per year.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
14U, Bonnie6G

Rank III

Jan 31, 2021

If the APR is over 2% I’m cancelling. Don’t want $620+ payments. fingers crossed it 0-1% to keep 4 dr BD with 2.7 & Mid Package
Bronc96

Rank V

Mar 05, 2021

I will be buying, I actually have the money back to pay for it, but I will have a nice trade a 2021 Acadia Denali ultimate that I dont owe much on and by the time I get the bronco will more than likely have less than 7000 miles on it, or less, we have the bronco sport it is paid for, so I have some options so I dont have to give up all my money on the big bronco, and will probably drive the sport more to keep the miles off the Acadia. The sport will hold us over till the big one comes.
Bronclahoma

Rank III

Mar 05, 2021

I have 30 years experience in auto financing and a few years running a factory auction, so I've leased and sold a lot of lease cars, too. I've never understood why anyone would pay a down pmt on a lease. Do you pay a down pmt on anything else you lease? The manufacturers simply include it so they can advertise a lower payment. From a manufacturer's standpoint I wouldn't promote leases on a high-risk vehicle like a Bronco. Just too much potential for abuse. Then at the end of the lease the customer gets stuck for perhaps thousands of dollars and neither party is happy. Remember that when you take Ford's Bronco they are allowing you drive out to Moab.

Leases can provide market value protection at the end of the lease. You would certainly be in a more equitable position than if you financed 72 months or longer. But, I think Broncos will likely hold their value as well as any vehicle. Provided you haven't trashed it. The lease parameters were 10,500 miles annually. Not enough for most people. And a term of 48 months. I'd never lease beyond 36 months.

When my BS come in the F&I guy will see a grumpy old man with a checkbook in his left hand enter his office. I'll cheerfully tell him that I am going to write a check and won't be purchasing any of his products. If he has one of those disclaimers that I listened to his presentation and declined to purchase it will save us both time. If not, I always enjoy a good sales presentation. Maybe I can offer him some tips. I've trained a few F&I people, too..
RussRider, Bucktown

Rank V

Mar 05, 2021

I have 30 years experience in auto financing and a few years running a factory auction, so I've leased and sold a lot of lease cars, too. I've never understood why anyone would pay a down pmt on a lease. Do you pay a down pmt on anything else you lease? The manufacturers simply include it so they can advertise a lower payment. From a manufacturer's standpoint I wouldn't promote leases on a high-risk vehicle like a Bronco. Just too much potential for abuse. Then at the end of the lease the customer gets stuck for perhaps thousands of dollars and neither party is happy. Remember that when you take Ford's Bronco they are allowing you drive out to Moab.

Leases can provide market value protection at the end of the lease. You would certainly be in a more equitable position than if you financed 72 months or longer. But, I think Broncos will likely hold their value as well as any vehicle. Provided you haven't trashed it. The lease parameters were 10,500 miles annually. Not enough for most people. And a term of 48 months. I'd never lease beyond 36 months.

When my BS come in the F&I guy will see a grumpy old man with a checkbook in his left hand enter his office. I'll cheerfully tell him that I am going to write a check and won't be purchasing any of his products. If he has one of those disclaimers that I listened to his presentation and declined to purchase it will save us both time. If not, I always enjoy a good sales presentation. Maybe I can offer him some tips. I've trained a few F&I people, too..
I did the samething when I bought my sport me and my wife paid cash, the big bronco order I will be trading a Acadia Denali ultimateAWD in what we owe we will pay and have 2 paid for Broncos, the other way if I want to keep my cash will be to finance what I owe after trade in. Depends too what they want to give me for trade in I have a little over 1000 miles on it.
Bronclahoma

Rank V

Mar 27, 2021

Don't hold it against me but I am paying entire cost when delivery happens regardless when. Outer Banks with Lux Pkg and other options.
Bucktown, ATC Enthusiast