How many long haulers are left ? unscheduled July '20 reservation holders?

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

What dealer did you order from?
Earnhardt in Chandler. I've always said they haven't exactly been proactive about communication, but to be completely fair, my saleswoman did reach out to let me know my order had been scheduled for production and gave me my order number and VIN. Prior to that, they didn't really reach out to me, but they were really responsive when I contacted them with questions or to place/adjust my order. They have committed to MSRP several times, but I'm reserving judgement on that until I have the keys in hand.

Reactions: Jakob1972

SAVEUP

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 7, 2021
14257 Bois D Arc, Kingston OK
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Wood
Member #

7/26/20 Reservation. A few days late to the party. When i first ordered I was worried I would get it too soon because I had another vehicle and also had my son's vehicle while he is deployed to S Korea. I sold my truck last July, and he will be back in the next month or two. So, now I am about to have to purchase something to drive until the Bronco is build and delivered.

I have asked my dealer about allocations, but he will not answer. I wish I had some kind of date, just for planning purposes. Looks like I get to lose a couple grand on a used car while I wait.

Reactions: Jakob1972

jlaliberty

Rank V

Supporter III

Oct 21, 2020
Newburyport, MA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Laliberty
Member #

I really wish people would stop asking us if our dealers have told us their allocations. It's proven that it does not matter. What matters is whatever back room deals @Ford Motor Company has made with big retail dealerships, and sponsors that promote their products. It's crazy that all these pro drivers, and aftermarket companies can acquire vehicles and people that have done a 1st day, 1st hour reservation are still waiting. Not to mention build quality is still lacking. Found on road dead is really coming to fruition because that's where FMC is leaving all of it's potential customers. They can't rely on the dealerships to convey messages. Like someone just said some dealerships are great at it and some are just piss poor who only care about ratings and reviews as a measure of customer satisfaction and success.

I'm just about done with FMC, and if i get pushed to MY23, i'm done.

GrayBronco

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 25, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gray
Member #

How many early reservations holders are still out there? I'm July 19 and no joy. Getting more and more frustrated with this clown show after this last round (yes, I've checked the back door link...). Dealer is either clueless, or following the Ford direction to not share allocation info, or more than likely both. Seeing my build (4dr Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC, 2.7l, High package) being scheduled, built, and probably even delivered with reservation dates months after mine is a sign of Ford's ineptitude on handling this rollout. Yes I understand there's commodity issues, and easier builds will get built and pushed out sooner, but that doesn't justify not doing what they said at the start of this sh!tshow. Changing up the whole allocation thing well after orders were placed and production started was a crappy way to do business. Yeah, thinking they're protecting their most favored dealers at the expense of their customers is a lousy way to run a railroad.

I imagine there are still unscheduled Day 1 and 2 reservations, gotta be even more frustrating. Seemingly the few that got a hand raiser Raptor allocation (and the probable joy of getting to pay a large ADM) are starting to get scheduled. As these are for the earliest reservation holders, great, they deserve it.

@Ford Motor Company maybe if actually communicated with your customers and let them know where they stand and what's truly causing the delays you may be able to retain some of them. For me it's doubtful that I will ever buy any accessory or even have service done by Ford, probably never buy another one, even used.

Had to vent
07/14/20 reservation. Wildtrak/2.7/lux/MIC top/tow package/4 door. Received my vin # and scheduled for production 0n March 25, 2022. 620 days from my reservation date. Don't give up hope. Miracles do happen!!!!

10Terp

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 22, 2022
Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Dague
*ouch* ... Ford is SAYING that they are trying to get all of the built 2021's delivered to owners (put in a month in the next few here) and that they plan to have all of the 2022 orders actually built in 2022. Keep in mind that "Man Plans and God Laughs".
Where did you see that Ford plans to have all 2022s built in 2022? I haven't seen that anywhere.

7/17/20 reservation holder here. OBX, SAS, 2.7, MIC. Not a peep out of ford. My dealer is getting really frustrated with Ford with the whole process too. I have been impressed with them but I'm kind of regretting ordering through them given the allocations debacle and that there's a MUCH bigger dealership 8 miles down the road.

Last week's scheduling run felt like a bigger kick in the nuts than usual given folks with more constrained builds and later (i.e., younger) reservation dates got scheduled over us. I just wish Ford would communicate with us; I want to know whether to cut my losses and move on. sTaY pUmPeD

jag2440

Rank V

Promoter II

Aug 10, 2021
Oregon
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

See now this makes me feel bad about posting this cause I read all the posts above me and I shouldn't get mine before you all.

I'm a 7/21/2020 Reservation and I got a call last Friday from the dealer that I am scheduled for production the week of 5/9/2022. Before order banks for 2022 closed my dealer called to have me remove the tow package, which I did, but I still have lots of the constrained no-no "options" except the tow package. 2.7L, Badlands, LUX, Sasquatch, MIC. I asked why I might be getting the call before others and he said he didn't have a clue.

I did not get an email, but I did check the backdoor link and it is updated...so you might try that.

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=

Add your reservation number to the end and it shows more than if you just log in and go to see my reservations/orders.
Don't feel bad. I am just jealous

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

7/17/2020 reservation holder here. Still no production schedule date. My dealership has been great, but kind of regret choosing to go through them given the allocations debacle, and considering there's a MUCH bigger dealership 8 miles down the road. Maybe one of these days. In the mean time, I share everybody's frustration. The lack of communication from Ford has been maddening...they've been sending MAYBE an email every 3 months? sTaY pUmPeD

The most frustrating part with the last week's scheduling run was seeing many folks with later reservation dates AND more constrained builds get scheduled over us. My recent habit has been to tweet at Ford and Levine every day to appease my frustration some, not that it will actually make anything happen.

OBX, SAS, 2.7, MIC, High
I get your frustration. I'm sure that part of the delay might be your MIC top. But I am convinced that the reason you are seeing other similar builds with later order dates being delivered must be because of dealer allocations. That's got to be hugely frustrating, especially when the dealer won't give you any information about it. However, as I mentioned elsewhere, just because you go with a large dealership doesn't mean that allocations aren't going to be an issue. It's a question of how many allocations vs how many orders. If it's a large dealership they likely also have a large number of orders, so you could get stuck in line behind a lot more people than at your smaller dealership.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

10Terp

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 22, 2022
Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Dague
I get your frustration. I'm sure that part of the delay might be your MIC top. But I am convinced that the reason you are seeing other similar builds with later order dates being delivered must be because of dealer allocations. That's got to be hugely frustrating, especially when the dealer won't give you any information about it. However, as I mentioned elsewhere, just because you go with a large dealership doesn't mean that allocations aren't going to be an issue. It's a question of how many allocations vs how many orders. If it's a large dealership they likely also have a large number of orders, so you could get stuck in line behind a lot more people than at your smaller dealership.
Yeah, this is a fair point. My dealer has been pretty transparent, but they explained to me that they honestly don't even know what allocations they get month-to-month and that it depends on Ford (not sure I believe this). He keeps telling me that he's gotten VINs for other reservations around our number, so to "hang tight and you should be soon." He also said that for all of MY2021 they got like 25 cars and so far for 2022 they've received almost 40.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

Yeah, this is a fair point. My dealer has been pretty transparent, but they explained to me that they honestly don't even know what allocations they get month-to-month and that it depends on Ford (not sure I believe this). He keeps telling me that he's gotten VINs for other reservations around our number, so to "hang tight and you should be soon." He also said that for all of MY2021 they got like 25 cars and so far for 2022 they've received almost 40.
Yeah, so he COULD do some rough math here ... he's gotten 40 in 3 months, that's about 13 per month. Of those, how many were built similar to yours? I.e. lower-trim level like OBX with a MIC top? Let's say 3/4, so that's 9 or 10. then he looks at where yo are in the list of orders, let's say you are #50. This means it will be somewhere around 5 months before you can expect to get your order to be scheduled for production. It's rough math, and will probably change over time, and you might get it sooner, or later if some kinds of constraints increase. But he can go over it with you, so you have SOME idea, and then you can touch base with him every month or so and redo the match and see where you stand. At least you will feel more informed and not sitting around in the dark wondering. Just keep in mind it's a guess, an educated guess, but a guess.

10Terp

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 22, 2022
Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Dague
Yeah, so he COULD do some rough math here ... he's gotten 40 in 3 months, that's about 13 per month. Of those, how many were built similar to yours? I.e. lower-trim level like OBX with a MIC top? Let's say 3/4, so that's 9 or 10. then he looks at where yo are in the list of orders, let's say you are #50. This means it will be somewhere around 5 months before you can expect to get your order to be scheduled for production. It's rough math, and will probably change over time, and you might get it sooner, or later if some kinds of constraints increase. But he can go over it with you, so you have SOME idea, and then you can touch base with him every month or so and redo the match and see where you stand. At least you will feel more informed and not sitting around in the dark wondering. Just keep in mind it's a guess, an educated guess, but a guess.
Appreciate the math and I should follow up with them on this. What I do know is when we placed our first order in Feb of 2021 we were reservation 52 out of 250-something they had at the time of placing orders. So we should be getting damn close to the front of the line.

TBoneBronc

Rank III

Advocate II

Aug 12, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Weir
Member #

7/25/20 Reservation... Holding fast to my options. Would have taken a BRaptor if they had ultimately offered it. The extra money would have been worth it to at least know I'd have it by summer.

Wimmah603

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Lamothe
Member #

7/15 4dr badlands LUX, MIC. Originally had manual trans, tow package and paint protection. Once they removed paint protection, I went in and removed tow package thinking it would make production quick. Also changed to manually transmission not for speed but due to my previous thread on here and my time at off-rodeo. That was over a month ago.

Kjr1065

Rank III

Advocate I

Jan 13, 2021
Illinois, USA
First Name
Kim
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

7/15/20 res - 2dr BD, 2.7, SAS, tow. Was 3rd in line at the dealer when I ordered. Still nothing.....

ZeeMan

Rank III

Advocate III

Dec 27, 2021
Carroll County, Ohio, OH, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Zadanski
  • July 14th 2020 reservation (couldn't get to the site on July 13th, I assume because it crashed)
  • March 2021 converted reservation to order
  • October 2021 converted 2021 order to 2022 order
  • .... still waiting for any communication....
We're in the same exact time schedule as yours, patience is a virtue I guess, but people that have orders clear back to early 2020 have got to be smokin mad. Just don't know if I could hang on that long without trying to find something close to my original build that's sitting at another dealer somewhere else in the US.

MnLakeBum

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 29, 2021
East Gull Lake, MN, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Fehr
Member #

I’m not day one but week one(7/20) 4dr OBX/SAS/MIC/LUX/AREA51 without the tow package. No VIN or word from Ford yet.

I placed a 2nd order on 12/09/21 with the same build, same dealer except I dropped the MIC and Sasquatch. My 2nd order was built a few days ago and is on a rail car to my dealer in MN. I’ll likely sell my soft top Bronco when the other one arrives. In the mean time I did find a set of Sasquatch take off wheels locally and will have 34” or 35” tires mounted on those before mine arrives hopefully next week.

Who knows, I may put in the Ford Performance M-18000- B1 lift kit and get the $6,000 AFC hard top and just sell the MIC/SAS Bronco at a profit when it comes in.

DadChris44

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 7, 2020
Fresno
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Khan
Member #

Early July res. 2020. Just finally got my order put in last Friday!!!!!!! Paying 2022 MSRP!!!! Doesn't seem right and the dealer is not mentioned the $1000 after market checks were supposed to get for ford adds.

Gordo

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 8, 2021
Lake Forest, CA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Van Surksum
Member #

I'm a July 16 order holder with Tuttle-Click Ford in Irvine, CA. I've ordered a Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux package, hardtop. No clue as to when I'll get built. I bought a specialized plate 21Bronk, and now a 22Bronc. Will I need a 23Bronc?

fordmonty

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 24, 2021
Pottsboro, TX, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Montgomery
I'm 19Jul20 as well. I haven't heard one word from Ford. The salesman that the Stealership assigned was an asshat that couldn't sell a used shoe. I changed my salesman to a friend of mine and he got everything straightened out on my order that the other asshat wouldn't fix. So now how far behind does that put me? I finally actually have a price on my two door badlands squatch.

armo2K

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Mar 15, 2021
Boonton, New Jersey, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Arminio
Member #

7/18/20 Reservation
1/18/21 Order: Badlands, 4 door, hardtop, 7 speed manual, Tow package