How many long haulers are left ? unscheduled July '20 reservation holders?

Hopeless Diamond
Mar 28, 2022

Rank IV

Mar 28, 2022

How many early reservations holders are still out there? I'm July 19 and no joy. Getting more and more frustrated with this clown show after this last round (yes, I've checked the back door link...). Dealer is either clueless, or following the Ford direction to not share allocation info, or more than likely both. Seeing my build (4dr Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC, 2.7l, High package) being scheduled, built, and probably even delivered with reservation dates months after mine is a sign of Ford's ineptitude on handling this rollout. Yes I understand there's commodity issues, and easier builds will get built and pushed out sooner, but that doesn't justify not doing what they said at the start of this sh!tshow. Changing up the whole allocation thing well after orders were placed and production started was a crappy way to do business. Yeah, thinking they're protecting their most favored dealers at the expense of their customers is a lousy way to run a railroad.

I imagine there are still unscheduled Day 1 and 2 reservations, gotta be even more frustrating. Seemingly the few that got a hand raiser Raptor allocation (and the probable joy of getting to pay a large ADM) are starting to get scheduled. As these are for the earliest reservation holders, great, they deserve it.

@Ford Motor Company maybe if actually communicated with your customers and let them know where they stand and what's truly causing the delays you may be able to retain some of them. For me it's doubtful that I will ever buy any accessory or even have service done by Ford, probably never buy another one, even used.

Had to vent.
oldred57, Gunninja1
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2022

Rank III

Mar 28, 2022

I hear ya. 7/25/2020 over here...no word from Ford and dealer is also in the dark. FMC has a failure to communicate. :(
Gunninja1, TBBroncoTN

Rank VI

Mar 28, 2022

I'm a 7/15 reservation holder. I got notified by friend that works for the blue oval that mine had been scheduled (no email from Ford though) on 3/16 of a 4/25 build date.

My dealer is large, but not huge, in the Phoenix area and had a lot of early reservations. My build is pretty filled up to the brim with deadly sins, so wasn't surprised it took a while to get scheduled.

Good luck. One day your number will be called.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
AD BRONCO, Gunninja1

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Mar 28, 2022

I hear ya. 7/25/2020 over here...no word from Ford and dealer is also in the dark. FMC has a failure to communicate. :(
I'm curious, what trim level did you order? also, has the dealer told you what their allocations are, and where you sit in line in terms of outstanding orders? The dealer, by this point, should have a pretty good idea of how many of a particular trim level they are getting every month, and then calculate where you are in terms of when to expect to get your Bronco. So, let's say that your dealer has an allocation of 10 Bronco's per month, and has taken 100 orders. However, of those 10, they are getting a single Wildtrak. So if you are order number 100, guess how long it's gonna be before you get your Wildtrak Bronco? Also, if order #101 is a lower trim level, there's a VERY good chance that they are going to get their Bronco before you are, and if it's a base model, it's people going to jump WAY up. But, the bottom line here is that for the higher trim levels the wait is likely to be a long one, and HOW long is going to depend on a mix of dealer allocations, constraints, and unforeseen things like chip shortages.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Dirt Dog, Jboohound

Rank IV

Mar 28, 2022

While I understand that higher trim levels will be more constrained and there are limitations of the supply chain, but it's still comes down to changing the rules of the game by imposing these dealer allocation formulas after orders were placed. Most of us naively believed Ford that they would do as they said they would and build them roughly in order of reservations. I am seeing many builds with my same trim level and even more constrained options being built with reservations months after mine.

"Dealer is either clueless, or following the Ford direction to not share allocation info, or more than likely both. Seeing my build (4dr Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC, 2.7l, High package) "
timhood

Rank III

Mar 28, 2022

I'm curious, what trim level did you order? also, has the dealer told you what their allocations are, and where you sit in line in terms of outstanding orders? The dealer, by this point, should have a pretty good idea of how many of a particular trim level they are getting every month, and then calculate where you are in terms of when to expect to get your Bronco. So, let's say that your dealer has an allocation of 10 Bronco's per month, and has taken 100 orders. However, of those 10, they are getting a single Wildtrak. So if you are order number 100, guess how long it's gonna be before you get your Wildtrak Bronco? Also, if order #101 is a lower trim level, there's a VERY good chance that they are going to get their Bronco before you are, and if it's a base model, it's people going to jump WAY up. But, the bottom line here is that for the higher trim levels the wait is likely to be a long one, and HOW long is going to depend on a mix of dealer allocations, constraints, and unforeseen things like chip shortages.
Mine is pretty boiler plate with some sins.. 2 door Badlands with manual trans, MIC top, and tow package, Mid trim- NO SAS package- just standard. I removed the tow package to speed things up but I'm still stuck in nowheresville.
SAVEUP

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Mar 28, 2022

I'm a July 20th 2020 reservation and as my sig list , has almost all of the deadly sins . I'm more PO'd at the fact in December 2020 Ford sent out the email that said everything was still on track and the Bronco was a priority as far as parts were starting to show supply issues . I sold my truck in January and started to drive my older backup vehicle , then in July '21 received the Email that sorry you're not getting a '21 and here is price protection thru 2023 . I had to go buy a more dependable vehicle in what is the worst market to be buying in . That'll probably end up costing me about as much as if I had just paid up for a Bronco off the lot somewhere with ADM tacked on :)
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Hyzerflip425, Gunninja1

Mar 28, 2022

Mine is pretty boiler plate with some sins.. 2 door Badlands with manual trans, MIC top, and tow package, Mid trim- NO SAS package- just standard. I removed the tow package to speed things up but I'm still stuck in nowheresville.
Man, that's gt to be frustrating as heck! I suspect it's the 2-door MIC that's the holdup, assuming that it's not a dealer allocation thing. Have you talked with your dealer about their allocations and where you stand in that regard?
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Gunninja1, Jboohound

Rank III

Mar 28, 2022

Man, that's gt to be frustrating as heck! I suspect it's the 2-door MIC that's the holdup, assuming that it's not a dealer allocation thing. Have you talked with your dealer about their allocations and where you stand in that regard?
My dealer only says that "there's a handful of us still waiting, but since you're a very early order we should hopefully see an email soon" - pretty vague and this has been the verbatim statement I've received. This has been going on since October of last year. It's very frustrating. Marketing schools can make a 4 year curriculum on "what not to do" from Ford's failure of communication and broken promises re the Bronco rollout.
Gunninja1, timhood

Rank IV

Mar 28, 2022

• July 14th 2020 reservation (couldn't get to the site on July 13th, I assume because it crashed)
  • March 2021 converted reservation to order
  • October 2021 converted 2021 order to 2022 order
  • .... still waiting for any communication....
Gunninja1, 10Terp

Mar 28, 2022

My dealer only says that "there's a handful of us still waiting, but since you're a very early order we should hopefully see an email soon" - pretty vague and this has been the verbatim statement I've received. This has been going on since October of last year. It's very frustrating. Marketing schools can make a 4 year curriculum on "what not to do" from Ford's failure of communication and broken promises re the Bronco rollout.
Yup and the root of the problem is Ford's reliance on dealers to communicate with the customer. Some are REALLY good at it, and some are TERRIBLE at it, and the majority fit somewhere in the middle. For example, your dealer isn't really telling you ANYTHING about their allocations. You have to wonder why? At this point, they have a pretty good idea of how many Bronco orders they are fulfilling per month. Furthermore, they should have a pretty good idea of how many Bronco's similar to your build they are fulfilling each month. From there it's not a terribly difficult math problem to give you some clue as to how much longer you are going to have to wait. Example: The dealer is getting 10 Bronco's per month on average. Of those 10, 2 are of a similar build to yours. OK, so that means 2 per month. Now he just has to look at the orders he's already taken, and see how many are ahead of you with a similar build. Let's say you are #10 on the list. That means you've likely got at LEAST 5 months to wait. It's easy for them to then take that, and continue to update the numbers (i.e the average might change due to "chip shortages", etc.).

Having said that, Ford COULD do the same thing ... but logistically, it's a bigger problem for them than if they just continue with the current system and let the dealers worry about it since it's really the dealer's Bronco until you buy it from them. (I know, some people don't want to hear that, but it's a fact).
Dirt Dog, Jboohound

Rank IV

Mar 28, 2022

7-13-20 Res holder, Wildtrack, lux, mic, not a peep from Ford. Changed to Hoss 3.0 suspension 3-09-22, probably pushed my build to the 2026 model year. Lol
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4D, 2.7, HPR . Mod, Full Bash,
Lux, Mic, Leather, Hoss 3.0. Res 7/20, Order 3/21, Reorder 10/21.
Gunninja1, jimFish

Mar 28, 2022

7-13-20 Res holder, Wildtrack, lux, mic, not a peep from Ford. Changed to Hoss 3.0 suspension 3-09-22, probably pushed my build to the 2026 model year. Lol
*ouch* ... Ford is SAYING that they are trying to get all of the built 2021's delivered to owners (put in a month in the next few here) and that they plan to have all of the 2022 orders actually built in 2022. Keep in mind that "Man Plans and God Laughs".
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Mar 28, 2022

Yup and the root of the problem is Ford's reliance on dealers to communicate with the customer. Some are REALLY good at it, and some are TERRIBLE at it, and the majority fit somewhere in the middle. For example, your dealer isn't really telling you ANYTHING about their allocations. You have to wonder why? At this point, they have a pretty good idea of how many Bronco orders they are fulfilling per month. Furthermore, they should have a pretty good idea of how many Bronco's similar to your build they are fulfilling each month. From there it's not a terribly difficult math problem to give you some clue as to how much longer you are going to have to wait. Example: The dealer is getting 10 Bronco's per month on average. Of those 10, 2 are of a similar build to yours. OK, so that means 2 per month. Now he just has to look at the orders he's already taken, and see how many are ahead of you with a similar build. Let's say you are #10 on the list. That means you've likely got at LEAST 5 months to wait. It's easy for them to then take that, and continue to update the numbers (i.e the average might change due to "chip shortages", etc.).

Having said that, Ford COULD do the same thing ... but logistically, it's a bigger problem for them than if they just continue with the current system and let the dealers worry about it since it's really the dealer's Bronco until you buy it from them. (I know, some people don't want to hear that, but it's a fact).
I agree. Here's the reality though, if Ford or the dealers don't have the cars to sell- and I'm including ALL MODELS (not just Bronco's), then common sense would indicate that there's plenty of time in the day to do something other than selling the cars they both don't have. So is it really too much to ask for the Ford mega corp to allocate some administrative customer service to craft a message to the existing order holders and DEMAND an additional memo from each respective dealer? Dealers are in partnership with Ford and vice versa, but the customers make the brand something desired. So IMO it would be a no brainer and it would do wonders in preserving what little goodwill is left from this rollout fiasco.
Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Mar 28, 2022

Look on the tracker, mine is 5/9 build week and I was a 7/16 reservation and didn't bend over to FMC to get a build configuration they liked by going a crappy softie or removing the tow.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Mar 28, 2022

I agree. Here's the reality though, if Ford or the dealers don't have the cars to sell- and I'm including ALL MODELS (not just Bronco's), then common sense would indicate that there's plenty of time in the day to do something other than selling the cars they both don't have. So is it really too much to ask for the Ford mega corp to allocate some administrative customer service to craft a message to the existing order holders and DEMAND an additional memo from each respective dealer? Dealers are in partnership with Ford and vice versa, but the customers make the brand something desired. So IMO it would be a no brainer and it would do wonders in preserving what little goodwill is left from this rollout fiasco.
I couldn't agree more. I think that Ford could do a better job in "helping" the dealers communicate with their customers, or put some automated systems in place that are reliable and accurate for consumers to log into and check the status of their order. It's REDICULOUS that you have to wait until you get a VIN before being able to look at your order online. It wouldn't even be that hard. What WOULD be a bit more trouble is Ford trying to predict your build date, also that to is possible, it would just be a pretty pricey system for them to implement since they would need to train a lot of AI/ML models, etc. But they SHOULD have enough data by now to start doing that kind of thing.

Ford could also do a better job at reining in dealers that are doing sketchy things like ADM, forced dealer "add-ons", etc. In the end, the system as it stands could definitely use some improvement. Frankly, I think that the dealership system is about to be disrupted. Tesla is leading the way there with direct sales to customers by going into states that have laws against that and working with them to allow some variation of it to happen. Michigan is a great example where Tesla had to negotiate with the state just to get the state to allow them to open service centers. But once Tesla has paved the way, Ford COULD follow. At the very least they could use the direct sales stick to help them rein in those rouge dealerships.
Hopeless Diamond

Wash Me

Mar 28, 2022

I'm a 7/24/20 res and I have run out of words to describe my frustration ! The people in the 10 days before me rightfully have gone insane !
Res 7/24/20 - 4dr Badlands 2.7- MIC-- High - Hot Pepper- Mod-- 8/12 Blend Date -Del 9/12/22
Gunninja1, 14U

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Mar 28, 2022

7/20/20 reservation date. 4 door 2.7 badlands sasquatch luxe ... 3 weeks ago, I had my dealer remove MIC from my order and change it to soft top, hoping it would help me get a build date. No such luck

FORD DOES NOT GIVE A RATS PATOOTIE about us - they would rather have a bunch of uneducated shmoes wander into dealerships and pay ridiculous ADM, not knowing the difference between a Big Bend and a Badlands - easy money with very little headache. WE (the enthusiasts who have been riding this circus merry-go-round for a year and a half) are their most high-maintenance, loudest, whiniest, least profitable customers. Most of us sought dealers that would give MSRP or lower - and we're causing them nothing but headaches, I'm sure - so they're willing to let us die of starvation, in favor of getting Tom the Soccer Coach his Outer Banks with no options for $15k ADM, knowing that Tom will never take his Outer Banks anywhere further than the Dutch Brothers drive through, or maybe hit a speed bump in the HOA a little too fast.

Let me say it again for those in the back:

FORD DOES NOT CARE ABOUT US.

Their actions (or lack thereof) have proven this, time and time again since July of 2020. Mike Levine has had THOUSANDS of opportunities to do his JOB as "Communications Director" and have some kind of communications strategy put into effect - but NOPE .. instead, he clicks away on Twitter, showing off the newest flashiest thing (Maverick, Lightning, Raptor, etc), and probably getting paid an obscene amount of money for doing the OPPOSITE of "communication".
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Gunninja1, Nminus1

Rank I

Mar 29, 2022

July 20,2020 here.... Hey Siri how many days.....OK, that's 616 days. Big Bend with no bells & whistles anymore. I have eliminated all the sins and constraints. No tow, no Paint Protection, 2.3L, ..Still no joy. No word. You can't convince me those 4 door soft tops have less chips than my 2 door BB. I Have $40G burning a hole in the bank account and a 63 Caddy convertible is looking mighty sweet right now!
Ain't no fellow who ever regretted giving it one extra shake....

Mar 29, 2022

July 20,2020 here.... Hey Siri how many days.....OK, that's 616 days. Big Bend with no bells & whistles anymore. I have eliminated all the sins and constraints. No tow, no Paint Protection, 2.3L, ..Still no joy. No word. You can't convince me those 4 door soft tops have less chips than my 2 door BB. I Have $40G burning a hole in the bank account and a 63 Caddy convertible is looking mighty sweet right now!
So that leaves dealer allocation. Have you talked to your dealer about that?