How Many Ham Radio Operators are in the Nation? Sound Off...

OtherTimDavis

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 22, 2021
Martinsville, IN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

KN4KAZ here- hoping to get a second Icom 5100 for my Bronco. Would love to find someone local(ish) to help me with some of the functions.

L.R.
The 7300 is the only Icom that I have, everything else is Yaesu. I am hopeful that I will have my Bronco by the end of the summer and I will be putting out some YouTube videos regarding radio mounting, power distribution and antenna placement.

LoneRanger

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Williston, FL, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Incognito
Member #

mounting power and antennae is the easy stuff. this thing does WAY more than I need it to do! :rolleyes:

L.R.

The Bronze

Rank V

Promoter III

May 20, 2020
Colorado, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Shaw
Member #

I like it. I use the APRS functions, the menu is pretty easy to navigate once you understand which programmed keys do what. I do wish it had soft keys that indicated its function. Pretty important to make sure your functions work the same on both radios or you will find yourself switching talk around on instead of ho/med /low power for example. I prefer the yeasu for its great aprs features and the ability to text or email via the radio, a feature the AnyTone does not have, but the DMR is easy to use and very functional. It is also really not used much, so you don’t have to spend a bunch of time listening to people ramble on and on when you just need a quick call out.

Reactions: LoneRanger

ChrisD

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 12, 2020
Draper, UT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Dye
Member #

Haha, I'm having fun with the same thing I always have fun with in a new vehicle. Trying to figure out where to put everything so it's unobtrusive as possible.

KK7SM by the way. :)

Reactions: gizmohd