How do you transfer dealers

MDBronco
Oct 14, 2021

Rank IV

Oct 14, 2021

Can we still call support and transfer to a new dealer (with higher allocation) if we converted a MY21 but have not converted a MY22 order? The BN Live Q&A just talked in circles around this and did not answer the question.
2DR CO FE
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

Can we still call support and transfer to a new dealer (with higher allocation) if we converted a MY21 but have not converted a MY22 order? The BN Live Q&A just talked in circles around this and did not answer the question.
We don't have specifics yet, past what Tim shared in the livestream, which, to put my question and his answer right here:
  • Q: Will Ford allow dealer changes?
  • A: We’re committed to ensuring our customers have a great experience. If for some reason that isn’t happening, we ask you to reach out to our Bronco Support Team for help.
We're seeing more "customer service doesn't know/said no" reports from you all than not. I'm not sure how Ford is handling this within the Support Team -- if it's something that needs a few days to catch up, or if those were final answers by them. Please keep posting what's going on with your cases. If you were able to switch, your information on the when/how would be helpful for others.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, Gimesnow

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

We don't have specifics yet, past what Tim shared in the livestream, which, to put my question and his answer right here:
  • Q: Will Ford allow dealer changes?
  • A: We’re committed to ensuring our customers have a great experience. If for some reason that isn’t happening, we ask you to reach out to our Bronco Support Team for help.
We're seeing more "customer service doesn't know/said no" reports from you all than not. I'm not sure how Ford is handling this within the Support Team -- if it's something that needs a few days to catch up, or if those were final answers by them. Please keep posting what's going on with your cases. If you were able to switch, your information on the when/how would be helpful for others.

@Laura, thank you for your efforts!

Being able to transfer to another dealer seems to be only one hurtle to overcome. In my area dealers do not appear to be receptive to helping potential Bronco owners. I sense they are frustrated. Below is just one of the examples I am encountering.

After discussing it with My GM, you may be in the same situation if you move your order and have us get one. it may be until 2023 as well here. we just cannot really put an exact timeframe on anything with the chip shortage going on.”

@Laura, some of us may get to the point where it is just too difficult to spend 58K on a darn truck. (The reference to the chip shortage would appear to be the polite way of saying, take your business elsewhere. ;) )
Deano Bronc, Rgwinn
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

@Laura, thank you for your efforts!

Being able to transfer to another dealer seems to be only one hurtle to overcome. In my area dealers do not appear to be receptive to helping potential Bronco owners. I sense they are frustrated. Below is just one of the examples I am encountering.

After discussing it with My GM, you may be in the same situation if you move your order and have us get one. it may be until 2023 as well here. we just cannot really put an exact timeframe on anything with the chip shortage going on.”

@Laura, some of us may get to the point where it is just too difficult to spend 58K on a darn truck. (The reference to the chip shortage would appear to be the polite way of saying, take your business elsewhere. ;) )
The allocations have been eye-opening to me the last few days. I didn't grasp the importance prior to, and this portion of the launch turns the stomach when you begin to understand it, the number of orders vs. the number of allocated Broncos (if I am understanding what's been circling).
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, Gimesnow

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

The allocations have been eye-opening to me the last few days. I didn't grasp the importance prior to, and this portion of the launch turns the stomach when you begin to understand it, the number of orders vs. the number of allocated Broncos (if I am understanding what's been circling).

@Laura Bravo on your goal of understanding what the troops in the trenches are seeing. The number of allocations versus orders at a dealer is simply the beginning. What you may not be seeing is how both potential owners and especially dealers are working the system. Keep in mind, Ford is simply trying to sell Broncos and keep the assembly line moving. Unfortunately, I sense they are inadvertently making the situation worse.

During the livestream, Tim made it clear how commodities to include MIC tops will be constrained in 2022. For potential owners like myself who seek a 2-door Bronco, this was sad news. Tim is essence raised the flag for those who seek to “jump the line” and take away limited allocations from any dealer. The potential owners who are happy with a 4-door model will opt for the soft top and their Broncos will be built irrespective of their reservation timestamp. This happened repeatedly this past summer. Some of us were tracking this behavior as noted on the other forum.

Many dealers watched this behavior and were joyful when Ford issued a dealer communication in September. It said they could fill any unfilled allocations with dealer stock. The stock would need to be Big Bend and Outer Banks, 4-door, soft tops. One dealer in my area jumped at the opportunity and has ordered 7 Bronco which will be built in Oct/Nov.

That is just the “CliffsNotes”. It gets much worse but let us start with this for now.
AcesandEights, nic

Rank V

Oct 14, 2021

Ford's initial claim that they would go by reservation time stamp was true.....but not true at the same time due to the allocation issue which they didn't put in writing and promote prior to release. If I would have gone with a larger dealer rather than staying local, my reservation is early enough that I'd have a bronco right now. But like thousands I tried to stay local and support local and got screwed for it. My two local dealers didn't even get their FE orders filled.....and there will be thousands of us with early reservations that won't get a 22' either it appears, especially if reservation changes aren't allowed.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Oct 14, 2021

Hi Laura. Not sure how deep down the rabbit hole you have gotten, but to put some perspective, I have a reservation placed in the first 10 days of July 2020 and if I cannot transfer my dealer anticipates my order in Q2 2024 (yes 2024) based upon his allocations and the # of orders he has. That is not the same situation as 'ordering a land rover right now and getting it in 2023' like the other BN rep compared it to. Meanwhile other dealers will have hundreds of stock units and reservations from 2021/2 built in 2022.
2DR CO FE
Deano Bronc, B99

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

Hey @Laura once again I want to compliment you on your interest in understanding all the intricate aspects of trying to own a Bronco. Sometimes just trying is all that is needed. To help further your knowledge, permit me to share a few more observations based on my analysis of hundreds of postings on the other forum where they have active dealer participation.

First off, it is helpful to understand how in 2021 a retail order connected to a reservation was good for dealers. That may not the case in 2022 based on several “unknowing” actions by Ford. As one dealer stated, “If I did not have these orders with reservation numbers in 2022, I could still get my allocations and would absolutely add either dealer installed options or additional dealer mark-ups (ADMs) to max out my per vehicle profit margin.” Fascinating!

When Ford revised the allocation formular for 2022 it was a game changer. It is my understanding the allocations will be distributed monthly and I believe at the end of each month dealers can request "buildable" stock Broncos to fill their quota. Keep in mind, “buildable” Broncos are based on a changing constrained commodities list which Ford shares with the dealers but not with the potential buyers.

In 2022 I see more regional standardization among dealers and more lobbying by the national dealer’s association. As one dealer stated, “Ford has laid the golden egg, now we need to work as a group to maximize profits.” I also see no advantage to a dealer accepting transfers in from potential owners with reservation numbers. In my area that is very evident. Even if a buyer was persistent, a dealer can change the price at time of delivery and seek abandoned Bronco up to 40% of their volume with no financial penalty. Although many dealers may not want to test that policy, most seem to find if you ignore the buyers some will cancel out of frustration or give up on their efforts to transfer in. The existing environment is clearly a win, win, win for dealers. Unfortunately, I do not see any of this changing in 2022.

So, there you have it! ;)
Deano Bronc, MrMRPhoto

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

This is what I found posted on 6G. They just don't get customer service and are being vindictive. It was not about the deal. It was about honor, trust and communication. Look at what these greedy dealres are doing to their customers. Not sure that people are going to stick around? I dare Mike Levine to come on your channel and take questions.

1634219110090.png
Deano Bronc, Gimesnow

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

This is what I found posted on 6G. They just don't get customer service and are being vindictive. It was not about the deal. It was about honor, trust and communication. Look at what these greedy dealres are doing to their customers. Not sure that people are going to stick around? I dare Mike Levine to come on your channel and take questions.

View attachment 19711

Recently, I had a belief conversation with a dealer who saw nothing wrong with Ford “punishing’ the dealers (there are many more than just Granger) who saw an opportunity to undercut many of the larger Ford dealers with their price structure. Interestingly, I thought he might be equally outraged by those dealers who seek to obtain 5, 10 or 15K ADMs off unsuspecting buyers. As he stated to me, Ford has no business interfering with the price structure dealers use. I think he failed to see the irony in his comment.

My Bronco beer glass is getting heavy use this week! ;)
Deano Bronc, Rgwinn

Rank I

Oct 14, 2021

I called last week and was told no it’s to late to change dealers. I have a reservation but I am waiting till my23 for the modular hard tops to be available. They told me the deadline passed to transfer to a different dealer.
Gimesnow

Rank V

Oct 14, 2021

This whole thing sounds like you're talking to politicians. Just answer the question.
Gimesnow, _jeff

Rank 0

Oct 15, 2021

I called last week and was told no it’s to late to change dealers. I have a reservation but I am waiting till my23 for the modular hard tops to be available. They told me the deadline passed to transfer to a different dealer.
There seems to be a recent change where they will accept your request to transfer and notify you later. It seems this may be a change initiated to address the fallout from the new allocation model. One comment on 6G said he got approved after tweeting the right folks at Ford. Definitely worth watching, but hard to know if you’re improving your hand by transferring.

Rank V

Oct 20, 2021

Got mine transferred yesterday afternoon. I was on hold for 30 min at lunch but had to go back to work. Tried again later in the afternoon, was on hold for 52 min and finally got it done. The lady was very nice, answered every question I had and said I'd receive a confirmation email in a few days with my new dealer attached to my reservation. If you're at a small dealer, have a first day reservation and your dealer won't answer any allocation questions, or how many of their 21' bronco orders were filled, or how many reservations they had, you still may not get your bronco in 22' imo.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates

Rank III

Oct 20, 2021

Got mine transferred yesterday afternoon. I was on hold for 30 min at lunch but had to go back to work. Tried again later in the afternoon, was on hold for 52 min and finally got it done. The lady was very nice, answered every question I had and said I'd receive a confirmation email in a few days with my new dealer attached to my reservation. If you're at a small dealer, have a first day reservation and your dealer won't answer any allocation questions, or how many of their 21' bronco orders were filled, or how many reservations they had, you still may not get your bronco in 22' imo.
Did they tell you a supervisor had to do the transfer? I called last Friday (10/15) and they said that since I already had a 2021 order, it would have to be escalated to a supervisor to do a dealership transfer. I was told a supervisor would contact me within 3 to 5 working days. The good news is that they did say they were allowing dealer transfers. Currently, I have not heard back from a supervisor. Crossing my fingers I hear from them today or tomorrow.
okie4570

Rank V

Oct 20, 2021

Did they tell you a supervisor had to do the transfer? I called last Friday (10/15) and they said that since I already had a 2021 order, it would have to be escalated to a supervisor to do a dealership transfer. I was told a supervisor would contact me within 3 to 5 working days. The good news is that they did say they were allowing dealer transfers. Currently, I have not heard back from a supervisor. Crossing my fingers I hear from them today or tomorrow.

She didn't mention a supervisor, she did say it would take up take 4 or 5 days since I already had an order. I told her I no longer have an order, Ford cancelled it and my dealer called and said it's time to reorder, and I don't want to reorder with my current dealer, that's why I'm calling to transfer my reservation lol. She said, " yes I guess that's correct".

Rank VI

Oct 20, 2021

View attachment 19711
Recently, I had a belief conversation with a dealer who saw nothing wrong with Ford “punishing’ the dealers (there are many more than just Granger) who saw an opportunity to undercut many of the larger Ford dealers with their price structure. Interestingly, I thought he might be equally outraged by those dealers who seek to obtain 5, 10 or 15K ADMs off unsuspecting buyers. As he stated to me, Ford has no business interfering with the price structure dealers use. I think he failed to see the irony in his comment.

My Bronco beer glass is getting heavy use this week! ;)

What I think is interesting is the failure to acknowledge this is not punishing Granger, it is punishing the customer, the ultimate/end-buyer of the Bronco. Granger will still sell every vehicle they can get, they just won't sell as many, as fast, as they wanted. It just re-illustrates the point I've made in the past, Ford does not have a relationship with you or I. You or I are not considerations for Ford or Mike Levine. What is a consideration is sales, and those sales are between Ford and dealers. You, or I, are not part of Ford's plan.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Hobgoblin, okie4570

Rank IV

Oct 21, 2021

Amazing news!! I'm taking it with a grain of salt though until we get positive confirmation that at least ONE transfer has actually gone through... It's been 7 days for me since calling and putting my request in, the rep at that time told me a team would have to review it and she was very nice but straightforward and honest about Ford not deciding whether they would allow them or not.
2DR CO FE
okie4570

Rank IV

Oct 26, 2021

Anyone try calling yet this week?
2DR CO FE

Rank III

Oct 26, 2021

Anyone try calling yet this week?
I called yesterday and was told that they are still figuring things out and that the 7 to 10 day waiting period after the request to transfer dealerships was being a bit optimistic.
okie4570