High level instrument panel?

5280Bronco
Feb 04, 2021

Rank V

Feb 04, 2021

Has anyone gotten any clarification on what makes the high level instrument panel on OBX and higher different than the standard one BD and below? Its starting to now become factors like this on whether i keep my BD order or try to find 4k to move up to Badlands. I didn't see anything come from the Q&A threads or any discussion, so i thought i would ask. Thanks!
Shadowblade, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 04, 2021

Rank IV

Feb 05, 2021

The actual Instrument panel (Speedo and LCD) or the SYNC screen in center stack?
5280Bronco

Rank V

Feb 05, 2021

The actual Instrument panel (Speedo and LCD) or the SYNC screen in center stack?
Well, that has certainly been part of the debate as it isn't spelled out, but the signs point to the actual speedo and lcd screen. I would like to know what I'm missing out on by going with the lower one.
Bronc96, Shadowblade

Rank IV

Feb 05, 2021

Well, that has certainly been part of the debate as it isn't spelled out, but the signs point to the actual speedo and lcd screen. I would like to know what I'm missing out on by going with the lower one.
I looked up the order guide on BN and you are correct. There is no description for the High Level. I also went top B&P and the rendering look identical.

BD gets "Instrument Panel-High Level"

Base gets: "Instrument Panel Cluster — 8" Color Digital Cluster Screen — Message Center — Outside Temper "
KennyMac, Bronc96

Rank V

Feb 05, 2021

I looked up the order guide on BN and you are correct. There is no description for the High Level. I also went top B&P and the rendering look identical.

BD gets "Instrument Panel-High Level"

Base gets: "Instrument Panel Cluster — 8" Color Digital Cluster Screen — Message Center — Outside Temper "
Yeah, exactly. It's just super confusing. I know it's small, but this could drive me to find more money to move to BL depending on what I'm missing out on.
Bronc96, Gutter Clown

Rank V

Feb 07, 2021

Just wanted to drop back in... no one with any information? This is literally one of the differencesi have heard nothing about, no detail.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

No Ragerts

Feb 07, 2021

Yeah, exactly. It's just super confusing. I know it's small, but this could drive me to find more money to move to BL depending on what I'm missing out on.
Find more money like buried treasure or find more money like picking off the money tree in the front yard? J/K of course.

You make an excellent point - there are no details on this feature/function set!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
5280Bronco, Bronc96

Rank IV

Feb 07, 2021

I do remember during the release video there was a mention of features for trials. I would think that is center stack but could be cluster. Idk just taking a stab at.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 07, 2021

The videos of the ride alongs this week at KOH have offered some interesting insight into these screens on these beasts. I’m wondering if this is something @David or one of the others could get a video of a lower trim and an upper trim to show some differences?
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Bronc96

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 07, 2021

I have a feeling it's going to boil down to the higher level center stack being full LCD with more screen options. The lower level will probably have analog gauges with an LCD screen in between. I'm good with that. I'd rather have analog gauges in case of screen failure.

Rank V

Feb 07, 2021

The videos of the ride alongs this week at KOH have offered some interesting insight into these screens on these beasts. I’m wondering if this is something @David or one of the others could get a video of a lower trim and an upper trim to show some differences?
I can't tell you how helpful this would be... or at least get any listed detail differences between the two.

I would just like to know up front if the cool individual tire pressure levels, roll and pitch gauges, etc as shown on the ridealongs are only on the high cluster and the lower ones would just not have that stuff. Id rather get over what I'm missing now rather than at delivery lol.
Deano Bronc, Shadowblade

Rank V

Feb 07, 2021

I have a feeling it's going to boil down to the higher level center stack being full LCD with more screen options. The lower level will probably have analog gauges with an LCD screen in between. I'm good with that. I'd rather have analog gauges in case of screen failure.
Maybe, but we have never seen any gauge cluster that wasn't a single analog speedo on the left with the screen to the right in any trim pictures ever shown.
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 07, 2021

Maybe, but we have never seen any gauge cluster that wasn't a single analog speedo on the left with the screen to the right in any trim pictures ever shown.
This is true, although i would prefer an analog tach and speedo like @Garemlin mentioned. Seems these would be easy questions for Ford to address?? :rolleyes:
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue

Slickrock withdraws

Feb 07, 2021

This is from the Bronco Sport owners manual. Could this maybe be the difference?
6.5" display screen vs 4.2" display screen. Just guessing here.

Attachments

2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22
KennyMac

Rank VI

Feb 08, 2021

This is from the Bronco Sport owners manual. Could this maybe be the difference?
Wonder if something from the 2d/4d manual will be published soon to answer similar
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Sven

Rank V

Feb 08, 2021

Wonder if something from the 2d/4d manual will be published soon to answer similar
Who knows... I'm hoping so.
Sven, Shadowblade

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

I'm wondering if it's talking about the 8" versus the 12" centre screen that is the difference that you're talking about?
This becomes available on the High Package that is not available on the BD.
1612828810821.png

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2021

I'm wondering if it's talking about the 8" versus the 12" centre screen that is the difference that you're talking about?
This becomes available on the High Package that is not available on the BD.
View attachment 8797

No the buyers guide says upgraded instrument cluster standard on the BL and you have to get High package to get the 12” Sync screen.

Majority of Prebuilds are high content vehicles so seeing a low cluster is slim.

I bet it has to do with analog vs digital gauges.
Rydfree, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

No the buyers guide says upgraded instrument cluster standard on the BL and you have to get High package to get the 12” Sync screen.

Majority of Prebuilds are high content vehicles so seeing a low cluster is slim.

I bet it has to do with analog vs digital gauges.
My KOH ride-along was in a first edition that had the larger screen, an analog tach and a digital screen next to the tach.
On display I saw a 4 door BL with the 8" screen, however it also an an analog tach with the digital screen - What was in front of the steering wheel was the same.
The BL was alsoy an early pre-prod, so no clue if that's going to be the same at production time.

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

My KOH ride-along was in a first edition that had the larger screen, an analog tach and a digital screen next to the tach.
On display I saw a 4 door BL with the 8" screen, however it also an an analog tach with the digital screen - What was in front of the steering wheel was the same.
The BL was alsoy an early pre-prod, so no clue if that's going to be the same at production time.
All i know is that the analog gauge is your speedometer from every picture i have seen. Other than that, the screen to the right seems the same size regardless of trim level. I just wish Ford could help clarify for people who want to know. It has to have less features, etc on the lower trims, but at this point it's all assumptions.
Deano Bronc