High clearance suspension ?

Mountain Mike
Jan 03, 2021

Rank 0

Jan 03, 2021

So what do we know about the high clearance suspension? I did read something about upgraded coil overs but I don't know much more than that.
Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 03, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

So what do we know about the high clearance suspension? I did read something about upgraded coil overs but I don't know much more than that.
That’s the Sasquatch package. The shocks are bilstein with position sensing
Bronc96, vintage

Rank 0

Jan 03, 2021

That’s the Sasquatch package. The shocks are bilstein with position sensing
Yep I realize its part of the squatch package. Im just curious if anyone has any details. Surely a high clearance suspension has more components than better shocks ? Right? I would think that it would have a little more ground clearance. Maybe spacers or taller springs on the coil over? I was just hoping someone had some details.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

Yep I realize its part of the squatch package. Im just curious if anyone has any details. Surely a high clearance suspension has more components than better shocks ? Right? I would think that it would have a little more ground clearance. Maybe spacers or taller springs on the coil over? I was just hoping someone had some details.
The bilstein setup is specific to the Sasquatch and has the full travel there that is needed. Ford had info o. It in their earlier brochures they put out And on their website for the bronco.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2021

Good question and an area of much debate. The Squatch and Badlands suspensions are very similar as both are the Bilstein HOSS setup with position sensitive dampers. The difference is only the "high clearance" variable and Ford really hasn't been clear in what that means. We know the Squatch has bump stops to limit travel but not sure about the rest. Esteban did say they are very similar but have different part numbers which leads me to believe the Squatch either has a slightly taller coilover or spacers of some sort to accommodate the 35s. Some believe there is no difference at all and only the bump stops but I am not so sure...

Attachments

Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Rydfree