Heritage Dual Tops Option - Question

Bronco_Girl
Sep 23, 2022

Rank VI

Sep 23, 2022

Does anyone know how the dual hard and soft top option that is available only on the Heritage models is going to work??

So will the soft top lay down just inside the very rear of the vehicle while the hardtop is on (so inside)? Or would I have to install the soft top every time I took the hardtop off??
2020FordRaptor, Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 23, 2022

Does anyone know how the dual hard and soft top option that is available only on the Heritage models is going to work??

So will the soft top lay down just inside the very rear of the vehicle while the hardtop is on (so inside)? Or would I have to install the soft top every time I took the hardtop off??
You will receive both tops, the Oxford White Modular Hard Top and the black soft top. The mod top will come installed, and you'll get the soft top separately where you will have to swap back and forth each time you want to run one or the other. General reminder to all that dual tops is only available to 4-door editions.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Bschurr, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

You will receive both tops, the Oxford White Modular Hard Top and the black soft top. The mod top will come installed, and you'll get the soft top separately where you will have to swap back and forth each time you want to run one or the other. General reminder to all that dual tops is only available to 4-door editions.
Yeah cause what's a Heritage Edition without a white hardtop.
Bronco_Girl

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Sep 23, 2022

Is this true? I saw Ford canceled this option for the folks that have had these on order for over 2 years. That's bad but if they will offer them on the Heritage they're really going to alienate their fan base.
Bronco_Girl
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 23, 2022

Is this true? I saw Ford canceled this option for the folks that have had these on order for over 2 years. That's bad but if they will offer them on the Heritage they're really going to alienate their fan base.
Dual tops are a thing for Heritage and Heritage Limited, according to the guide.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 4.13.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 4.15.17 PM.png
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Bronco_Girl, 2020FordRaptor

Sep 24, 2022

Dual tops are a thing for Heritage and Heritage Limited, according to the guide.

View attachment 45167

View attachment 45168
Oh no day one folks are going to lose their stuffing.
Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Sep 24, 2022

THANKS for clarifying that! Big help.
Laura

No Ragerts

Sep 24, 2022

Oh no day one folks are going to lose their stuffing.
Day 1 folks that selected the dual top option (like myself) were contacted by their dealership & required to select either MIC or soft top and were compensated 200k Ford Pass points for the inconvenience.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronco_Girl

Sep 24, 2022

Day 1 folks that selected the dual top option (like myself) were contacted by their dealership & required to select either MIC or soft top and were compensated 200k Ford Pass points for the inconvenience.
An oil change worth of points hardly seems like a fair shake particularly now that they are now offering this on new special editions.

Life is a Highway

Sep 24, 2022

An oil change worth of points hardly seems like a fair shake particularly now that they are now offering this on new special editions.
At a thousand dollars that is an expensive oil change!
2020FordRaptor

Sep 24, 2022

At a thousand dollars that is an expensive oil change!
2k POINTS is NOT 2k dollar nor is a point worth .50. I take it you've never redeemed Ford Pass points?

Rank V

Sep 24, 2022

2k POINTS is NOT 2k dollar nor is a point worth .50. I take it you've never redeemed Ford Pass points?
I think for every 200 points is one dollar.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 24, 2022

Just to clear up some confusion, those who had to switch back then were given 200,000 points. Here's how we calculated that at $1,000.

Sep 25, 2022

Just to clear up some confusion, those who had to switch back then were given 200,000 points. Here's how we calculated that at $1,000.
Interesting. My local dealership needs a calculator because they valued that at about $100.
Bschurr, Laura

This is me in my happy place...

Sep 25, 2022

Does this include the +/- 29.9% inflation we are seeing.... ;)
2023 Wildtrak, Iconic Silver, Hard top, ordered 10/5, built 12/13, delivered 1/18

This is me in my happy place...

Sep 25, 2022

Interesting. My local dealership needs a calculator because they valued that at about $100.
So... you let them use a car salesman special edition calculator??? :)
2023 Wildtrak, Iconic Silver, Hard top, ordered 10/5, built 12/13, delivered 1/18