Here I go again...Wildtrak vs Outer Banks this time.

Reldn
Aug 28, 2020

Rank V

Aug 28, 2020

Well, I thought I was settled and holding firm on the decision to spring for this:
4-door Wildtrak,
Area 51
High Package
Towing Package
Steel bumper
Upgraded Bash Plates
Side steps
possibly leather

However, I then ran the numbers on a 4-door Outer Banks similarly built:
Area 51
V6
Sasquatch Package (Yep, I'm completely sold on the Squatch now. It will probably be overkill for me, but, on a 4-door it just looks so right!)
High Package
Towing Package
Steel bumper
Upgraded Bash Plates
Modular Hard top (Maybe the MiC Gray standard Hard top depending on how it looks w/Area 51)
possibly leather

It's looking like going with this similarly built Outer Banks will end up being a little bit cheaper than the Wildtrak (possibly moreso if I don't opt for the Modular hard top), and to be honest, from all of the specs I've been reading, I can't find what's making the Wildtrak different aside from having Baja mode and the hood graphics. So, if there's really nothing that truly sets the Wildtrak apart aside from it being a fairly loaded trim level with an extra G.O.A.T. Mode and hood graphics, then maybe it would make more sense for me to save some money and just spring for a decked-out Outer Banks.
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
BuzzyBud

Rank I

Aug 28, 2020

I'm in the same boat. I do like the Badlands grill better

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 28, 2020

I'm in the same boat. I do like the Badlands grill better

Grille should not be a deciding factor. Grille swap is probably going to be one of the easiest mods to do. You could probably even find someone to do a 1:1 trade.
DumbAzzGuard, Reldn

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 28, 2020

Well, I thought I was settled and holding firm on the decision to spring for this:
4-door Wildtrak,
Area 51
High Package
Towing Package
Steel bumper
Upgraded Bash Plates
Side steps
possibly leather

However, I then ran the numbers on a 4-door Outer Banks similarly built:
Area 51
V6
Sasquatch Package (Yep, I'm completely sold on the Squatch now. It will probably be overkill for me, but, on a 4-door it just looks so right!)
High Package
Towing Package
Steel bumper
Upgraded Bash Plates
Modular Hard top (Maybe the MiC Gray standard Hard top depending on how it looks w/Area 51)
possibly leather

It's looking like going with this similarly built Outer Banks will end up being a little bit cheaper than the Wildtrak (possibly moreso if I don't opt for the Modular hard top), and to be honest, from all of the specs I've been reading, I can't find what's making the Wildtrak different aside from having Baja mode and the hood graphics. So, if there's really nothing that truly sets the Wildtrak apart aside from it being a fairly loaded trim level with an extra G.O.A.T. Mode and hood graphics, then maybe it would make more sense for me to save some money and just spring for a decked-out Outer Banks.

Black wheels and black grille are other differences. But those are easy mods to do at a later date. There might be more in the Wildtrak that just hasn't been figured out or announced yet. What was your price difference between the Wildtrak and decked out OBX?

Rank II

Aug 28, 2020

in the same boat now just waiting for build and price that I think I will tell all

Rank V

Aug 28, 2020

Black wheels and black grille are other differences. But those are easy mods to do at a later date. There might be more in the Wildtrak that just hasn't been figured out or announced yet. What was your price difference between the Wildtrak and decked out OBX?

It was around a $1400-1500 difference between the two. That's why I'm hoping there's something functionally different that sets the Wildtrak apart to keep me in that camp, but, until we get some further details. I'm leaning more towards the cheaper loaded Outer Banks.

Rank III

Aug 28, 2020

I didn’t know the rear steel bumper was an available upgrade? Everything I’ve read only mentions upgrading the front bumper to the modular one. I’ve been leaning towards the Badlands bc it has the steel rear bumper standard. OBX and Wildtrak both have plastic front and rear.
gothavit

Rank V

Aug 28, 2020

I didn’t know the rear steel bumper was an available upgrade? Everything I’ve read only mentions upgrading the front bumper to the modular one. I’ve been leaning towards the Badlands bc it has the steel rear bumper standard. OBX and Wildtrak both have plastic front and rear.

Under the details for the Heavy Duty Modular Bumper on Ford's website it kind of makes it sound like it'll come with the Steel rear bumper as well if you add that option, but, I'm honestly not certain if it does come with it or not. Hopefully so!
Screenshot (3).png
Deano Bronc, gothavit

Gladesmen

Aug 29, 2020

Under the details for the Heavy Duty Modular Bumper on Ford's website it kind of makes it sound like it'll come with the Steel rear bumper as well if you add that option, but, I'm honestly not certain if it does come with it or not. Hopefully so!
View attachment 2814
It was my understanding that the rear bumper is steel if you get the modular front. I’m pretty sure the BD and Badlands both come with steel front and back
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
gothavit

Rank V

Aug 29, 2020

It was my understanding that the rear bumper is steel if you get the modular front. I’m pretty sure the BD and Badlands both come with steel front and back

Yep, the FE, BD, and BL come equipped with the Steel bumpers standard. It's an add-on for all the other trims. I think some of the confusion about the steel rear bumper is coming from the image I posted makes it sound like it does come with the HD Modular Bumper, but, the comparison PDF makes it seem like only the HD Modular Bumper is an available add-on with the Steel rear bumper being only for the FE, BD, and BL.

That being said, I would expect that adding it on for any of the other trims will also include the Steel rear bumper.
Deano Bronc, Sarah

Rank II

Sep 01, 2020

i think the wild track comes with the aux switches outer banks does not
Deano Bronc, Reldn

Rank V

Sep 01, 2020

i think the wild track comes with the aux switches outer banks does not

Indeed, the auxiliary switches and the advanced 4x4 are both standard in the Wildtrak and options for the OBX. I had completely forgotten about those when I was running my numbers, so, that would further decrease the gap between the WT and a decked out OBX....Which is now firmly planting me back into the Wildtrak camp.

That, and for some reason I've got this strong feeling that I'm going to enjoy the Wildtrak more than a similarly spec'd Outer Banks. *laughs*
gothavit

Rank II

Sep 01, 2020

Yes I was doing the same figuring between the ob and wt but I'm with the lux leather and power seats so I really need build and price
Reldn, Sarah