Bronco MPG?

Wallysdog
Apr 29, 2021

Rank II

Apr 29, 2021

Would anyone have any preliminary data on what kind of mileage you could expect from the Bronco V-6 engine?
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

I would say somewhere around the same as the 2.7 F150
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Wanted 33, matwats

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

screenshots of the dashboard at events show anywhere from 19mpg to 16mpg

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

Just assume the 2.3L is going to get around 19-20 highway and the 2.7L will get around 18-19 highway real world and you won't be disappointed.

Visit Fuelly.com which is the absolute best source of real world MPG data and compare it to like vehicles. In this case, the 2.3L Ranger and a 2.7L F-150. The Bronco is going to be ballpark with those vehicles.

When the sticker MPG is calculated it is done so in very specific conditions (in a lab, on a dyno with no wind/weather and a computer controlled accelerator), not real world. That's how Ford caught a little heat for saying the Ranger would be at 23 MPG when it was first reintroduced and guess what... it's not. It's also a common misconception that the EPA tests every vehicle. That's not true, they only test a few. In most cases the EPA gives the manufacturers the requirements for the testing, the manufacturer does their own test and the EPA takes them at their word, spot checking different models throughout the year to try and keep them honest.

On that note, it's also extremely rare that the MPG you're seeing reported on your dash cluster is true to your actual MPG. On the 2014 RAM I've been driving since new, racking up almost 200,000 miles during that time, the readout averages 1-1.5 MPG higher than actual. This is true for most vehicles which is why Fuelly.com is such a good resource for actual MPG numbers.

I would encourage everyone here to join Fuelly.com and start logging their gas usage. The more people who do so, the better the data and the more informed future buyers can be, plus you get to see the stats for the lifetime of your vehicle. I've attached mine from my truck so you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

Deepshag, Jakob1972

Rank II

Apr 29, 2021

Thanks guys, I will definitely check out that fuelly website.

Libations MOD

Apr 29, 2021

Would anyone have any preliminary data on what kind of mileage you could expect from the Bronco V-6 engine?
It's not out to determine that at all.
But it's an off-road vehicle and I especially am not getting it for MPG
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
KennyMac

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Apr 29, 2021

when I went to the dealer event on Thursday of last week, I struck up conversation with one of the guys who was working the event ... he mentioned that they had driven these Broncos over 4k miles so far from event to event (they weren't being trailered).. I asked him if they had observed any fuel mileage trends- on the one with the 2.7 (OBX 4 door), he said they get 400+ miles per tank (20.9 gallon tank), with lots of hills, and most highway driving around 80mph.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
KennyMac, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

Recent one I saw was 18.9 average on the dash.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
KennyMac

Rank III

Apr 29, 2021

when I went to the dealer event on Thursday of last week, I struck up conversation with one of the guys who was working the event ... he mentioned that they had driven these Broncos over 4k miles so far from event to event (they weren't being trailered).. I asked him if they had observed any fuel mileage trends- on the one with the 2.7 (OBX 4 door), he said they get 400+ miles per tank (20.9 gallon tank), with lots of hills, and most highway driving around 80mph.
Sounds like he's stretching the truth a bit. If you can use 18 gals out of the tank at 20mpg is 360 miles
PSUTE

Rank II

Apr 30, 2021

I just bought a new Ranger (3.73 rear gearing) 4 months ago, my first ever turboed engine. After I found that ever elusive "sweet spot" where I wasn't spooling up the turbo from a dead stop the little engine started giving me better than posted mpg's. So I'm guessing the Bronco will be the same, and your right foot will have a lot to do with what your Bronco will return. If my non squatched OBX 4 door w/2.7L and 3.73 gears will give me 20-21 cruising on the highway I would be more than happy. Now, of course if you "squatch" your Bronco that will be a whole nuther story.
"I think donuts define ones copliness" - Luther "Suitcase" Simpson

Rank II

Apr 30, 2021

Not Sasquatched, thank you for the information.
Wanted 33