Have 2021 Wildtrak Sasquatch- need advice on bumper and skid plates

Lnashsig
Apr 20, 2022

Rank IV

Apr 20, 2022

I have a 2021 Wildtrak Sasquatch, and am in need of a heavy duty bumper and skid plates. Having serious issues finding either Ford parts for this (4D model), and confused and overwhelmed by aftermarket options. I'm new to the off-road game, need some advice as to what I should be looking for. I believe I need to replace the standard bumper and rear bumper, and add a solid skid plate protection. Any recs?
the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2022

Trusted and Carefree

Apr 20, 2022

I have a Wildtrak on order too. I cant help you with the bumpers- I haven't found any for the front I like better than the Mod bumper (but I have the Capable on my build so feel free to discount my opinion) and still haven't found a rear I like. I am not going to be putting on a winch so I will probably keep them as is for now.

For the Skidplates though- I really like the ASFIR ones.

https://www.asfir.com/manufacturer/pvrd/bronco/2021.html
They have good coverage and are aluminum (i really am going to bomb through the desert in this thing so I want to keep the weight down). I also like some of the other armor they offer (especially the shock hanger plates) Down side is they ship from Israel, so cost and time will be a factor.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
TEEDEE

Rank V

Apr 20, 2022

JCR off Road?
mike8675309, DRWright

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2022

JCR off Road?
I second this.

You can choose aluminum or steel and are USA made.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
FatbikerJo Bronco

Rank IV

Apr 20, 2022

Anyone have experience with DV8 products? Seems like they have an extensive lineup.

Rank V

Apr 20, 2022

Anyone have experience with DV8 products? Seems like they have an extensive lineup.
For skidplates they don't have much yet.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22

Rank V

Apr 20, 2022

I have a 2021 Wildtrak Sasquatch, and am in need of a heavy duty bumper and skid plates. Having serious issues finding either Ford parts for this (4D model), and confused and overwhelmed by aftermarket options. I'm new to the off-road game, need some advice as to what I should be looking for. I believe I need to replace the standard bumper and rear bumper, and add a solid skid plate protection. Any recs?

I ordered the JCR Offroad Vanguard bumper with the adventure carrier & relocation kits. My Bronco gets built tomorrow so I have to wait a little longer before I can install it.
Shadow Black 4DR Wildtrak, Soft top, Lux, Leather, Upgraded bumper/bash plates, Tube step, No-Tow.
Deano Bronc

SQUACHD

Apr 21, 2022

I have a Cactus Grey Badlands SAS ordered and have really been doing my homework on this over the last several weeks. I was sold on JCR in aluminum until I realized that you can't use tubework with Adaptive Cruise Control. Even with ACC relocation bracket. I think tubework is a little too high. So I have decided to order the DV8 FS-15 bumper with wings, add the the JCR camera relocation kit. It Should work DV8. It uses winch fairlead to mount and there is room between top of fairlead and tubework. I had a bit of concern with the weight of steel and winch but I think I will be ok. If not I will probably add a little heavier springs/coilovers in front to compensate. For the back I am going to go with the ADD Rock Fighter bumper. I like that it has a place for license plate. I don't like the look of covering up my rear wheel or adding a bracket to top left of bumper. As a side note I am going to put a set of Black Rhino Armory Wheels. With SAS package tires, the 17X9.5 with +6 offset will only make tires poke out side about .95 of an inch. Stock wheels are 17X8.5 with +30 offset. I want to minimize rocks on my side panels. I am now trying to figure out what 20" light bar I need for DV8 bumper and cube lights for each side of windshield. One of the positives with waiting is it gives me plenty of time to shop and compare. These are just my thoughts and I would love to hear other opinions. Good Luck!
22 Badlands 4 dr, sas, lux, mic, 2.7, cactus gray. Ordered 2/21/22 - Re Order 9/22/2022 for 23 model
TEEDEE, Evenrute