Has this happened to anyone else who switched dealerships?

Reldn
Sep 03, 2020

Rank V

Sep 03, 2020

Hello all, I have a quick question:

I recently switched my reservation over to a different dealer, I got the confirmation email from Ford showing I switched, called the dealership and they confirmed I'm now in their system and my reservation is good to go. However, the $100 that was refunded from my previous dealership has come through, but, it hasn't been taken out for the new one yet.

Has anyone else who switched dealers had this happen? It may just be that it'll take a few days for the charge to show up. I'm just hoping that my reservation isn't messed up, though, it's showing up in their system and on my Ford account, so, I think I'm good to go still.
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
RonM0710
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 03, 2020

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Sep 03, 2020

I heard that some dealers (e.g. Granger) are honoring the switched reservations with a $0 deposit, so you get to hang onto that money for now, while others are requesting that the $100 be paid directly to the new dealership. Ford reportedly doesn't currently have any other way to handle the switches. You can contact your new dealer to ask how they're handling it, or just wait and see if they bring it up. Either way, your reservation should still be good.
BeerdedBuffalo, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 03, 2020

Awesome, thank you for the information!
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch

Rank V

Sep 03, 2020

SAME HERE.
2021 Bronco - Badlands - 4 door - 2.7 - Upgraded Rims/MT tires - V.B.

Rank IV

Sep 03, 2020

Same here. Lady at Ford told me it would happen, but not to worry my reservation will remain the same place in line.
Reldn, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Sep 03, 2020

Hello all, I have a quick question:

I recently switched my reservation over to a different dealer, I got the confirmation email from Ford showing I switched, called the dealership and they confirmed I'm now in their system and my reservation is good to go. However, the $100 that was refunded from my previous dealership has come through, but, it hasn't been taken out for the new one yet.

Has anyone else who switched dealers had this happen? It may just be that it'll take a few days for the charge to show up. I'm just hoping that my reservation isn't messed up, though, it's showing up in their system and on my Ford account, so, I think I'm good to go still.
This happened to me as well and the lady from Ford told me it would be up to the new dealership if they want to ask for a new deposit. My new dealership probably won't ask for a new deposit until it is time to order.
Reldn, Gpscharron

Rank V

Sep 05, 2020

That’s what scared me. Don’t want to lose my place in line.
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package