Has anyone in SOCAL received their orders yet?

CaliFilly
Sep 23, 2021

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2021

Hello has anyone in Southern California received their orders yet? I just contacted my dealer again and was told that the order banks are going to open soon!! According to Ford.com I have an order but it going through the dealer. Maybe I need to change dealers???
BadLands, SAS, 2.3L, 2dr, MIC, Roof Rails, Aera51.
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2021

Rank V

Sep 24, 2021

Yes, some folks in SoCal have gotten their Bronco. Keep in mind only a small fraction of ordered Broncos have been delivered.

Yes, 2022 order banks should open soon, hopefully sometime next month.

That's normal on the Ford site.

Why change dealers?

Rank IV

Sep 24, 2021

Yes, some folks in SoCal have gotten their Bronco. Keep in mind only a small fraction of ordered Broncos have been delivered.

Yes, 2022 order banks should open soon, hopefully sometime next month.

That's normal on the Ford site.

Why change dealers?
I’ve had my reservation in since October 2020. I know there have been a bunch of delays, but I am wondering if my dealer is actually working on this, so I was thinking a different dealer would be able to get things moving..Just wishful thinking?

Rank 0

Sep 24, 2021

I'm in Carlsbad and the rep (Twee Hayes) at my dealership (Ken Grody) updates me just about every week. I like her very much. Also, they have an Outer Banks (non-squatch) that you could test drive. Disappointed in the delays from Ford - but very happy with my rep. Good luck to us all!

Rank V

Sep 24, 2021

I’ve had my reservation in since October 2020. I know there have been a bunch of delays, but I am wondering if my dealer is actually working on this, so I was thinking a different dealer would be able to get things moving..Just wishful thinking?
Dealers have no control over it. There's nothing for them to work on once the order is placed.

What did you reserve? There's still a chance to get a '21 if you ordered a soft top but that's a pretty late reservation so I wouldn't be expecting one, sorry.

Rank II

Jan 01, 2022

I'm in Carlsbad and the rep (Twee Hayes) at my dealership (Ken Grody) updates me just about every week. I like her very much. Also, they have an Outer Banks (non-squatch) that you could test drive. Disappointed in the delays from Ford - but very happy with my rep. Good luck to us all!
I’m also using Twee! She has been really great so far! Have you received your bronco yet? I reserved back in 2/21 and ordered a 22MY and got my Build week of 12/20/21. Vin assigned and have in production on the tracker. Just waiting now. :)
ChickasawNDN

Rank V

Jan 01, 2022

Hello has anyone in Southern California received their orders yet? I just contacted my dealer again and was told that the order banks are going to open soon!! According to Ford.com I have an order but it going through the dealer. Maybe I need to change dealers???

I am in San Diego and took delivery mid-October. Dealer told me that I was the 18th customer to take one home so far.
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021
Brumbie

Rank IV

Jan 03, 2022

I am in San Diego and took delivery mid-October. Dealer told me that I was the 18th customer to take one home so far.
Which dealership did you go with in San Diego?

Rank V

Jan 03, 2022

Which dealership did you go with in San Diego?

Kearny Mesa Ford- Eric Bunch is the rep handling all Bronco orders/reservations. The whole team is amazing.
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021
CaliFilly

Rank V

Jan 03, 2022

Has anyone in SoCal been able to get their dealer to provide a signed purchase agreement? I’ve spoken with three different dealers to see if any will provide one and so far all have indicated they can’t produce anything until they have a VIN

Rank I

Jan 04, 2022

Has anyone in SoCal been able to get their dealer to provide a signed purchase agreement? I’ve spoken with three different dealers to see if any will provide one and so far all have indicated they can’t produce anything until they have a VIN

I got the same run around. Even once I got the VIN they wouldn’t sign up a purchase agreement or anything and said I had to wait until it arrived. Tracker shows it’s been shipped since the 26th of December so should be here any time now. I have a bad feeling they’re going to try to mark it up on me to force me to walk away from it so they can mark it up even higher and sell it. But we’ll see.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 04, 2022

Willing to say which dealer?

Rank IV

Jan 04, 2022

I am also in San Diego. And I had placed my reservation back in August ‘20, not even a full month after the Build & Price became live on the website. In April ‘21 dealer reached out asking to submit my build which I did the same day for a 4D Wildtrak in Antimatter Blue, 2.7L, Lux/Tow packages, HD bumper/upgraded skids and MIC. Fast forward to October ‘21 and they reach out again asking me to convert to a MY22 since “it was too late to get a MY21 with all the specs I wanted”. No problem. Color not available now for MY22. No problem. My dealer, Perry Ford of Poway changed owners shortly after I submitted my MY22 build and I had no idea about the change in o wnership until I reached out early last month to ask why they had refunded me the $100 for the reservation. I was freaking out. The rep told me not to worry about it since my order had already been “confirmed/submitted” and it was just a formality on Ford’s end due to the dealer owner change. Not sure what to believe, but the thought of switching dealers crossed my mind. Problem is, I don’t know if/how that’s going to affect my placement in the grand scheme of things. I know dealers have no control over the wait, but I’m starting to lose faith. I have read about people putting in orders almost a year after me for pretty much the same build and have taken delivery already. What’s up with that? Makes one wonder if this reservation scheme fiasco really holds any weight any longer. And while I know much if not all the options I want are exponentially increasing delays, at least they could do better at providing updates like some of the other dealerships around SoCal. Anyway, my apologies for the long rant and thanks for taking the time to read it! If anyone here has some insight on switching dealers, I’m all ears. Thanks again!

Rank I

Jan 04, 2022

Willing to say which dealer?

South Bay Ford in Hawthorne. With that said, my situation is a tad different from many in that I get my vehicles through a friend of mine that is an automotive broker, SO I’m reserving a little bit of hope in the fact that they’ll honor MSRP and were just going about it in this fashion simply because of the broker and they try to keep it simple and don’t have intention of marking it up. Probably not the case unfortunately, but we shall see. I’ll definitely post my experience whether it’s good or bad.

Rank V

Jan 09, 2022

FWIW,
South Bay Ford in Hawthorne. With that said, my situation is a tad different from many in that I get my vehicles through a friend of mine that is an automotive broker, SO I’m reserving a little bit of hope in the fact that they’ll honor MSRP and were just going about it in this fashion simply because of the broker and they try to keep it simple and don’t have intention of marking it up. Probably not the case unfortunately, but we shall see. I’ll definitely post my experience whether it’s good or bad.

I met someone today who bought his Bronco from Southbay Ford and said they sold it to him at MSRP, no ADM. He did say dealer had been approached by non-order holders asking to be called if someone walked from an order. If that happened, sounds like dealer will add ADM.
MBPhotos

Rank I

Jan 09, 2022

FWIW,

I met someone today who bought his Bronco from Southbay Ford and said they sold it to him at MSRP, no ADM. He did say dealer had been approached by non-order holders asking to be called if someone walked from an order. If that happened, sounds like dealer will add ADM.

Yeah I’m feeling a lot better about it now because I did a little deeper digging and found a review on Yelp by someone that picked their ordered badlands up from there and they said they have a policy that states that no customer ordered unit will be marked up. Fingers crossed and I’ll share with the group whether or not I get the same treatment.

Rank VI

Jan 09, 2022

I'm in Huntington Beach and received my 1/21 order on 9/21, but it is an original soft top order.

Rank II

Jan 09, 2022

Nice! Mine in on the train now. ETA 2/5 just patiently waiting and filled with excitement. Haven’t seen any eruption greens here yet. Dealer said ours is the first one they are receiving. Kinda stoked to finally have the long awaited ride!
Deano Bronc, CaliKAP

Rank V

Jan 09, 2022

Nice! Mine in on the train now. ETA 2/5 just patiently waiting and filled with excitement. Haven’t seen any eruption greens here yet. Dealer said ours is the first one they are receiving. Kinda stoked to finally have the long awaited ride!

That's going to be cool to see a green one - I've only seen a handful around town. UNICORNS!
k@p

CaliFilly, Skerkenides

Rank II

Jan 09, 2022

That's going to be cool to see a green one - I've only seen a handful around town. UNICORNS!
I’ve seen a couple carbonized grey and one Area 51 in San Diego. Yet to see a green so I’m pretty excited to get it on the road. Delaying my pick up a little though. Having the dealerships customs shop do the lift, tires, and tint before pick up. :)
cindylou, CaliKAP