Hard Top

mcobel
Jun 13, 2021

Rank II

Jun 13, 2021

So thinking of switching to the soft top and subtracting the towing pkg to see if that helps with getting my Vin # order, my question is..?

1 will they have wired or set the bronco up for a hard top later?
2 can you get a factory style towing at a later date?

Put my reservation in beginning of august and order in Feb. and still nothing.. Outerbanks with Lux pkg. towing and hardtop and 2.7 engine and that's it so that's why I was thinking of switching to the soft-top and no tow pkg.

any insight would be helpful
thank you
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2021

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

It will not be wired or plumbed for a hard top. There may be kits for that within a few years, but don't hold your breath. The tops will probably be on backorder for a couple years anyway.

I'm sure AM will have tow hitches very soon, but wiring will be the problem. My understanding is the Bronco taillights are controlled on a CAN bus, so a module (think chip, worldwide shortage) is needed to convert the CAN signal to a trailer harness. I predict that will be the holdup, at least for the next year or so.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Libations MOD

Jun 14, 2021

1 will they have wired or set the bronco up for a hard top later?
2 can you get a factory style towing at a later date?
So, basically its NO to both answers.
1, there is no option to get it factory plumbed when you switch to a soft-top so you basically lose all the rear window functions.
2. yes you can get a tow package at UHaul or other AM places soon. No, it won't be run inline like the factory, it will be spliced into pre-existing wiring already there once available.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank VI

Jun 14, 2021

You should be able to get the tow package and harness from the dealer and have them install it, but parts and labor will nearly double the cost compared to the factory order.

A user on a different forum has already received the physical hitch ordered from the dealer, I don't remember if he already got the wiring harness as well.
BC33