Had to share my very first vehicle. 1971 Bronco....

WGCbronco
Jan 13, 2021

Rank III

Jan 13, 2021

So we bought this when I was around 13 and started restoring it. Dad always said when I turned 15 I could sell it and use the profit to buy whatever I wanted.... Still regret selling ti but as a new driver in a hectic school parking lot I was nervous about manual Transmission, brakes and steering... sold it in 2004-2005 to a guy in San Diego area I think for $7500.00 and bought a First Gen Lightning.... still wish i could find it again!

Attachments

gibsBRonCO, Mantruck
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 13, 2021

Nice looking Bronco! Thanks for sharing your story. I love the Lightnings but the Bronco would have been a pretty cool ride in High School.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

Make sure you get your old man something nice for fathers day … because that was awesome of him. probably worth close to 30,000 now

My little girl turned 15 in September. I have been sitting on two Fullsize Broncos for about 6 years waiting to pass one down to the kids. She was not even a little excited about the Bronco ... so she gets the 2011 Ford Focus.

My son is 12 and he thinks he is going to tell me ... which Bronco he is going to get. I have to work up a contract that which ever one I GIVE HIM he will not be allowed to sell …. EVER.

Certain vehicles become much more than just daily transportation. You get attached … and just have a soft spot for that year/model vehicle … or like that epic ride above … You build it with your own blood, sweat , and tears …. good luck on your search.
Bronc96, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

Both are really cool vehicles! Thanks for sharing and hopefully this new Bronco can help you relive those memories in the original bronco. I for one hope this new Bronco I can hang on to and give to my kids when I have some. And you never know.... maybe one day you will find that exact bronco you sold for sale in the future.
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Bronc96

Rank III

Jan 13, 2021

Thanks! Dad found him a 76 about 10 years ago we have been working on. Then 2 years ago I got a 79. Love it!

Attachments

Mantruck, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 14, 2021

Thanks! Dad found him a 76 about 10 years ago we have been working on. Then 2 years ago I got a 79. Love it!

Dam the 1979 is a beast!!!!

You still have the 351M in it.... or have you gone to a 400 or 460? Last year of the true big block muscle.

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 14, 2021

I think his '79 came with a 400. He's got a thread about it in the Gen 2 forum.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2021

Good looking Broncs and thanks for sharing your story @WGCbronco! You must have a pretty cool Dad my friend. I wanted an old Bronc in high school a got an 85 Celica instead...better than walking! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Mantruck, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jan 15, 2021

Yeah me and my Dad have been a team on building vehicles since we built his 75 f-100 in 1999!

My 79 has the 400 for now, got a 429 sitting in the shop waiting but it will be a few years. Planning on aluminum heads, Holley sniper EFI and some other goodies.

Right now it is getting a paint job and Freewheeling stripes
TorgSurv, Deano Bronc