Had to buy another truck ....

Rydfree
Sep 03, 2021

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Sep 03, 2021

Since I sold my King Ranch back in January ( Thanks Ford for saying you were still on schedule to deliver this summer ) I've been driving my 30 year old Ranger with 327k miles to work everyday . Oil started spewing underneath Wed and it was pouring down raining so couldn't really look into the issue . I figured it was a front main seal cause all the oil drained out overnight into the yard where it is parked .Spent Thursday looking at trucks and almost bought a fully loaded out 2020 Gladiator Mojave with 4k miles but sorta lucked out on this 2020 4WD Ranger Lariat with 10k miles . The previous owner loaded it up with every option plus added the metal retractable bed cover . I got an OK deal , not the greatest but OK during all this vehicle shortage crap . Now I gotta think about how much more the Bronco is going to cost me at trade in time or convince the wife to trade in her car and keep this one :)

The good news is I pressure washed the underside of the old Ranger yesterday afternoon and figured out the oil was pouring out of a broken extension the pressure sensor is screwed into . It's tucked way under the AC compressor so it will be a challenge to get to , but it is fixable . It's a Ford so it will be Baaaaack !!!!

Oldand new.jpg
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
MWNew, the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 03, 2021

Rank V

Sep 03, 2021

whats that color on the new 2020 ranger ?????
Rydfree

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 03, 2021

Sweet looking Ranger! Did you ever find out why the original owner traded it in with so few miles?
I had a '92 Ranger that I wish I still had. Long story short, traded in the Ranger during the clash for clunkers deal so we could get my daughter a new car for college. Sad to think it ended up in the crusher.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Rydfree

Sep 03, 2021

whats that color on the new 2020 ranger ?????

This one is Rapid Red
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Bronc96, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Sep 03, 2021

This one is Rapid Red
SAAWWWEEEEEETT
Rydfree

Sep 03, 2021

Sweet looking Ranger! Did you ever find out why the original owner traded it in with so few miles?
I had a '92 Ranger that I wish I still had. Long story short, traded in the Ranger during the clash for clunkers deal so we could get my daughter a new car for college. Sad to think it ended up in the crusher.

The previous owner had several vehicles and they purchased it from him about 3 weeks ago . Supposedly just thinning out some of his debt .
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Dec 08, 2023

Man, that's quite a journey you've had with your trucks! Selling the King Ranch and relying on your trusty 30-year-old Ranger was quite the adventure. It's a relief you got the oil issue sorted out on the old Ranger. Fords do have a way of coming back strong, don't they? Congratulations on snagging that 2020 4WD Ranger Lariat with all the bells and whistles, plus the metal retractable bed cover – it sounds like a sweet deal, especially considering the ongoing vehicle shortage. As for the Bronco, that's a whole other exciting chapter to look forward to. If you're still hunting for more vehicle options, you might want to check out used rigid trucks for sale.
Chief Ron

Dec 09, 2023

Man, that's quite a journey you've had with your trucks! Selling the King Ranch and relying on your trusty 30-year-old Ranger was quite the adventure.

Yep , I still haven't forgiven Ford for sending that "Everything is on schedule " email then 6 months later sending the next one saying we're all screwed ! I should have just kept my F-150 .

I did not pay ADM on the Bronco but I still ended up with close to 7k in the hole with the things I did to the Ranger. I didn't have to fix up the Ranger but something within me says I can't drive a stock looking vehicle for long :)

Attachments

Deano Bronc, the poacher

Hey y’all, watch this!

Dec 09, 2023

Yep , I still haven't forgiven Ford for sending that "Everything is on schedule " email then 6 months later sending the next one saying we're all screwed ! I should have just kept my F-150 .

I did not pay ADM on the Bronco but I still ended up with close to 7k in the hole with the things I did to the Ranger. I didn't have to fix up the Ranger but something within me says I can't drive a stock looking vehicle for long :)

Nice looking Ranger! 👀
‘23 Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak 2.7L-V6 4 dr. MIC Sas Lux and Lovin’ it!!
Rydfree

Home again, Home again

Dec 09, 2023

Gorgeous… Love the hood and the grill
Riding OB1, 23 4- door Outer Banks, SAS, MOD, MIC, Lux, Ordered 10/20/22, delivered 1/13/23
Rydfree

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2023

Niceeeeee ride!
Rydfree