GVWR Q&A and Details for 2021 Ford Bronco *Updated*

David
Jan 13, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

Q&A for GVWR from Ford
If you have questions about Bronco Accessories, submit them on the Q&A thread.
GVWR QA.png

GVWR Details from Ford:
GVWR Details (with Wildtrack).jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Gutter Clown, D190065

Rank V

Jan 13, 2021

@David is there any way to find out if First Edition 4 Dr customers can have towing available as a Dealer Installed Option? Understanding if the wiring is run at the factory, etc. allowing for us to add it at the dealer will help determine if this is a deal breaker.

Edit: I promise this will be my last request ;)
BuzzyBud

Rank III

Jan 13, 2021

Biggest bummer that the Wildtrak wont be able to have the roof rack.
Mickey21

Rank IV

Jan 13, 2021

It is just one slap in the face after another for FE res holders!
CAN WE ASK FORD TO DRILL THE HOLES, DO THE WIRING IN FACTORY? IT WON'T AFFECT THE WEIGHT, BUT WOULD BE SO HELPFUL TO US AND SAVE US MONEY!!

THAT WAY WE DONT HAVE TO HAVE THE DEALER OR OTHER PARTY DRILL HOLES, SPLICE WIRES. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS ADD THE HITCH AND HOOKUP.
GIVE US SOMETHING!!

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

@David is there any way to find out if First Edition 4 Dr customers can have towing available as a Dealer Installed Option? Understanding if the wiring is run at the factory, etc. allowing for us to add it at the dealer will help determine if this is a deal breaker.

Edit: I promise this will be my last request ;)

The tow hitch is available on the accessories list. Wiring for the two hitch from the factory is a good question to submit on the Q&A thread.
Stereo

Rank V

Jan 13, 2021

The tow hitch is available on the accessories list. Wiring for the two hitch from the factory is a good question to submit on the Q&A thread.

Thanks! Question on Q&A thread just posted.

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 13, 2021

It is just one slap in the face after another for FE res holders!
CAN WE ASK FORD TO DRILL THE HOLES, DO THE WIRING IN FACTORY? IT WON'T AFFECT THE WEIGHT, BUT WOULD BE SO HELPFUL TO US AND SAVE US MONEY!!

THAT WAY WE DONT HAVE TO HAVE THE DEALER OR OTHER PARTY DRILL HOLES, SPLICE WIRES. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS ADD THE HITCH AND HOOKUP.
GIVE US SOMETHING!!
The plug, which I'm certain will include the wires, is on the accessory list. It will just be a plug and play type installation. I'm sure there will be no splicing of wires or drilling of holes.
It will be an easy installation.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Rydfree, CCDetroit

Rank IV

Jan 13, 2021

The plug, which I'm certain will include the wires, are on the accessory list. It will just be a plug and play type installation. I'm sure there will be no splicing of wires or drilling of holes.
It will be an easy installation.
I hope so. Just expecting the worst, hoping for the best.
Deano Bronc

Rank I

Jan 14, 2021

The article and information about weights is missing the 4 door Wildtrak. Do we know the Base Curb weight, Max Payload, and GVWR for the 4 door Wildtrak?

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2021

What are ESOF and EMTC acronyms of?
Rhiostatic

Rank VI

Jan 16, 2021

What are ESOF and EMTC acronyms of?

Electronic Shift on the Fly and Electro-Mechanical Transfer Case
AcesandEights, Rhiostatic

Rank 0

Jan 17, 2021

Electronic Shift on the Fly and Electro-Mechanical Transfer Case

Thank you! Pardon my ignorance, how does one option the vehicle to get the EMTC weight? ESOF, now that you have pointed it out of course, obviously refers to one of the drive options by the same name. Does the other drive option—Advanced 4x4–then mean one would use the EMTC GCWR in the chart? if not, how do I spec the vehicle to get to the higher GCWR? Thanks again.

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2021

Thank you! Pardon my ignorance, how does one option the vehicle to get the EMTC weight? ESOF, now that you have pointed it out of course, obviously refers to one of the drive options by the same name. Does the other drive option—Advanced 4x4–then mean one would use the EMTC GCWR in the chart? if not, how do I spec the vehicle to get to the higher GCWR? Thanks again.
Hey, Eldonfredo! I believe you option EMTC it by having the Advanced 4x4 option.

Wank ER

Jan 21, 2021

[46559] Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. box 157 in. WB5014 lbs.

The FE's curbside weight is more than a Platinum Supercrew 6.5 foot box F150?
2021 FE Cactus Grey
KennyMac

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2021

The article and information about weights is missing the 4 door Wildtrak. Do we know the Base Curb weight, Max Payload, and GVWR for the 4 door Wildtrak?
We have added 4-Door Wildtrack to the document.

Rank I

Jan 22, 2021

We have added 4-Door Wildtrack to the document.
Awesome, thank you for this.