Jun 29, 2022

A couple quick questions:

Has anyone clarified with Ford or a dealer if adding perch collars would void the warrantee on the Bronco? At least related to the shocks or driveline. My usual assumption is no, any modifications at all they'll just say no if there's any related issues resulting from the change. But I figured I'd ask.

What kind of premature wear can we expect? It's a much faster, cheaper option than new shocks, but new UCAs (only if the uniball articulates as much as stock) and the slight potential for a CV boot having a premature meltdown need to be considered, just like any other lift. I adjusted the Fox shocks on my Gen 1 Raptor and several thousand miles later a CV boot ripped open and slung grease all over the wheel well. It was out of the warrantee period by then, but I've got a rather long warrantee on the Bronco now. So it'll likely happen unless I do what I did with the Raptor and drop $10k in suspension mods into it.

I've been eyeballing an Icon Stage 8 system, but my wife usually talks sense into me before I whip out the credit card.
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2022