Great Memories of Bronco II

Soupcook
Apr 11, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 11, 2021

When I was stationed at Beale AFB, CA from 1987-1995, my best friend owned a '87 Bronco II (I think '87). We drove it all over the Sierra Nevadas hunting and fishing. He pulled my bass boat from the Pacific coast to over 5,000' elevation reservoirs. That little truck did it all and it looked great.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Howdy, Bronco_Girl
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2021

Rank I

Apr 11, 2021

My 1985 Bronco II Eddie Baur is what made me place an order for new Bronco BL. It was a great SUV and I agree with other thread posts that the best name for the Bronco Sport would be Bronco II. It would immediately clarify models and relationships to brand. I've read all the comments on removeable tops but sort of wish a solid hard top was an option for the Bronco.
Howdy, Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Apr 11, 2021

My 1985 Bronco II Eddie Baur is what made me place an order for new Bronco BL. It was a great SUV and I agree with other thread posts that the best name for the Bronco Sport would be Bronco II. It would immediately clarify models and relationships to brand. I've read all the comments on removeable tops but sort of wish a solid hard top was an option for the Bronco.
I agree...especially when Ford named the versions of the Sport with the same names as on the Bronco. I get a little pissed off when I read something and half way through I realize they are referring to the Sport.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Howdy, Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Apr 11, 2021

Great memories! My brother-in-law owned a 1985 Bronco II which he loved. That seemed the time when I developed a love for Ford 2-door vehicles which rode high.

1985 Bronco II.jpg
Howdy, TK1215

Life is a Highway

Jun 12, 2021

Man you gotta appreciate the love for the Bronco! Even the Bronco II. Definitely the red headed step child of the bunch! :ROFLMAO:
Soupcook, Howdy

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 12, 2021

Man you gotta appreciate the love for the Bronco! Even the Bronco II. Definitely the red headed step child of the bunch! :ROFLMAO:
Red headed step child that went out to the woods.:p

I almost bought one.Liked the size.

We'll see stuff like this in a few years for the current Bronco.
https://dufftuff.com/ranger-bronco-ii-v8-swap-guide/
Soupcook, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 12, 2021

Had an 86 I bought used back in the day……this isn’t it, but it looks identical to it….

213883F9-CC56-4FAF-B520-5F274BFB4781.jpeg
GeoBig, Soupcook

Life is a Highway

Jun 12, 2021

Had an 86 I bought used back in the day……this isn’t it, but it looks identical to it….

View attachment 14341
Something about them…..
Howdy

Rank XII

Jun 12, 2021

I have never ever been in a Bronco II...I feel so left out. :( I remember first seeing the curved back-side window and it reminded me of my grandfather's Oldsmobile station wagon with all those green-tinted cargo windows designed to cut into the roofing struts...so unique.

Tennessee Bound!!

Jan 30, 2024

Then…and now! 😀. I absolutely love both but there was something special about that ‘89 Bronco II. I bought it as soon as I graduated college and got my first real job.

Attachments

‘23 Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak 2.7L-V6 4 dr. MIC Sas Lux and Lovin’ it!!
PSUTE