Best camp chair??

RagnarKon
Aug 13, 2023

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2023

So... uhh... this is slightly embarrassing. But for the better part of my life, my version of a camping chair was ol' trusty:

1691893817324.png

Well... the final ol' trusty in my collection has finally waved the white flag. So it's time to upgrade.

What type of camp chairs do people use these days?? Any recommendations?? I have zero idea what is good or bad, my knowledge of chairs is circa 1980s. The only thing I will say is I DO NOT like is the type of chairs below, as they do a great job of digging into your thigh. They seem extremely popular, but I don't like 'em at all, which is why I've stuck with ol' trusty for so long.

1691893784689.png

I'm just looking for a comfortable chair (obviously) but also a chair I can use at a table for eating. Don't necessarily want a super mega lounge chair that suck you in and trap you until you are well-napped. I just want... ya' know... a chair. My initial thought was the ROAM Camp Chair, but given it's their first chair I'm not so sure that's a good idea. (In addition, BN doesn't have it on their Gear Store, so no discount.) But I'm open to whatever.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Deano Bronc, BuckYeah
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2023

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Aug 13, 2023

The bungee chairs are nice and comfy…. Or the ones with the shocks, GCI rockers, are decent. I busted my rear really well years ago with one of those top chairs….. webbing was dry rotted and it didn’t realize…. Boom …. Folded me up between the aluminum frame quick…. Funny at first but i spilled my beer! 🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
Micahman, Deano Bronc

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Aug 13, 2023

So... uhh... this is slightly embarrassing. But for the better part of my life, my version of a camping chair was ol' trusty:

1691893817324.png

Well... the final ol' trusty in my collection has finally waved the white flag. So it's time to upgrade.

What type of camp chairs do people use these days?? Any recommendations?? I have zero idea what is good or bad, my knowledge of chairs is circa 1980s. The only thing I will say is I DO NOT like is the type of chairs below, as they do a great job of digging into your thigh. They seem extremely popular, but I don't like 'em at all, which is why I've stuck with ol' trusty for so long.

1691893784689.png

I'm just looking for a comfortable chair (obviously) but also a chair I can use at a table for eating. Don't necessarily want a super mega lounge chair that suck you in and trap you until you are well-napped. I just want... ya' know... a chair. My initial thought was the ROAM Camp Chair, but given it's their first chair I'm not so sure that's a good idea. (In addition, BN doesn't have it on their Gear Store, so no discount.) But I'm open to whatever.

Only problem is no cupholders.
Deano Bronc, Fillups

I trust the dirt

Aug 13, 2023

I like a proper chair. I have never felt comfortable in the bag chairs as well. We have a couple 15 year old coleman director chairs and they are still in good condition and comfortable. Similar to the bottom picture. Our's do not have any cup holders. If this chair is too big I like a small proper folding char like this Zip Dee below. We have both. A bigger chair when space it good and a smaller one when it is not. A good quality chair will last and be comfortable.

That pink old chair you have in the picture is probably more comfortable than most of the new fangled chairs out there from what I see.

d-gifts-zip-dee-folding-chair-1ch100-4755-1ch100-4755-547-276x276.jpgJpeg0fc8b644619.jpg
23 Bronco Raptor, code orange belts, keyless, lux, leather trim/suede seats, carbon fibre, shadow black
Deano Bronc, the poacher

Rank 0

Aug 13, 2023

Kermit Chair Company
mdozier

Formerly True

Aug 13, 2023

I love my Front Runner Outfitters Camping Chair. it folds up soo small. just need to add a strap for easier carrying.
https://trailrecon.com/front-runner-outfitters-expander-camping-chair-chai007.html
murphtron, Darrel

No Ragerts

Aug 13, 2023

- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc, BuckYeah

Knows the cheat code.

Aug 13, 2023

Jpeg0fc8b644619.jpg
These are kind of a hassle to bring along. They don't fold up very small. But, they are good and comfortable for me at 6'2. Costco tends to have them for cheap enough.
"Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense."
the poacher

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2023

These are kind of a hassle to bring along. They don't fold up very small. But, they are good and comfortable for me at 6'2. Costco tends to have them for cheap enough.

Ohhh yeah....

I kinda forgot about size/portability until you just mentioned it. Mmmm.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
EZAPAR

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Aug 13, 2023

Excellent topic as I often wonder if any chair manufacturer ever spent more than a few minutes in one of their creations! The thigh-digging problem is real, reducing the comfort level to non-existent in a very short time. The problem is the frame, so I would focus on getting something that focuses on leg comfort more than bottom comfort. A lot of trial and error is required, but that automatically rules out online purchases since you’ve literally got to get some “seat time” to determine what’s best for you!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Deano Bronc, Chief Ron

Rank 0

Aug 13, 2023

I have the the yeti trailhead camp chair. Not cheap but very comfortable and has a good weight limit, 500 lbs. So you and the wife can sit on each other with no issues 😎
Built very well and worth it.
Yeti chair
23 SAS Badlands 2D Area 51
Deano Bronc, Bradfields

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 13, 2023

I have the the yeti trailhead camp chair. Not cheap but very comfortable and has a good weight limit, 500 lbs. So you and the wife can sit on each other with no issues 😎
Yeti chair

Hey BroncoOBX,
Not cheap is an understatement. That chair better last the rest of someone's life time, because you can buy a lot of chairs for $400.
That said, Yeti does make good product, but ouch!
Chief Ron

Rank V

Aug 13, 2023

Very similar chair at Harbor Freight.
"There's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a Bronco" - John Bronco

Will Flyfish for food.

Aug 13, 2023

81KGV441EhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Rank V

Aug 13, 2023

I have the "Larry chair". I don't know why it's called that (maybe designed by a guy named Larry?), but it's small, strong, and folds up into a bag.

It is a little low to the ground, but that's part of what makes fold up so small. If could be lighter (the frame tubes are steel, not aluminum) but it's not bad.

1691968781614.jpeg

Amazon.com : Larry chair
Deano Bronc

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Aug 13, 2023

IMG_2008.jpeg
This a GCI rocker.. several different versions and available at various sporting goods stores. My wife and i have had ours for 2 years and use about 100 days a year or so. Fold up decently and have a carry strap. 🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
Mal, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 14, 2023

IMG_2008.jpeg
This a GCI rocker.. several different versions and available at various sporting goods stores. My wife and i have had ours for 2 years and use about 100 days a year or so. Fold up decently and have a carry strap. 🐎
I can’t say enough about my GCI PodRocker. I’ve had it for about two years as well and will buy another in a heartbeat. The only drawback is everyone wants to sit in it the moment you stand up.
Deano Bronc, Chief Ron

I trust the dirt

Aug 14, 2023

I have the "Larry chair". I don't know why it's called that (maybe designed by a guy named Larry?), but it's small, strong, and folds up into a bag.

It is a little low to the ground, but that's part of what makes fold up so small. If could be lighter (the frame tubes are steel, not aluminum) but it's not bad.

1691968781614.jpeg

Amazon.com : Larry chair

I have a very similar chair. Great for it's purpose but mine isn't as comfy as my other chairs. It has a handle and no bag. My seat sags a bit. This one doesn't look like it does.
23 Bronco Raptor, code orange belts, keyless, lux, leather trim/suede seats, carbon fibre, shadow black
Chief Ron

Rank V

Aug 14, 2023

1691893817324.png

1691893784689.png

1691893817324.png

1691893784689.png

I like the electric lounge in the hotel room.

Rank 0

Aug 14, 2023

Yeti chair

I agree, we have 2 of the Yeti trailhead camp chairs, I said that I would NEVER pay that much for a camp chair……… then I sat in one at a Scheels store and OMG, this is a real chair! They are comfortable with nothing to smash into your legs, butt or back, nice and firm and sit up a little higher than most other chairs, if you have a chance to sit in one, you’ll see the huge difference between these and any other camp chairs, just my 2 cents.