Bronco Safari or Super Celebration West?

Deano Bronc
May 12, 2023

Moab or bust!!!

May 12, 2023

For those of you that have been to both of events, which did you like better and why? Also, for those that only went to one, what did you really like about the event?

I've been passively putting together a 2 week trip out west in my head and just recently started to figure out miles and driving time between destinations. This included Bronco Knoll, Moab and the Super Celebration West event. I've come to the realization that this trip is just not going to work. While I would love to do it, I don't think my wife would enjoy it as much as I would. It would be a total of 66 hrs and 4400 of just highway miles which doesn't include all the time spent off-road. She's been a pretty good trooper so far but this trip would be asking too much.

I'm looking at a couple of options. I could pair it down to 1 week. I could hit Moab early in the week and the SCW event towards the end. I will say that there are some uncontrollable circumstances that may not allow us to go to SCW at all but God willing, we could make it.

The other option is to miss SCW and plan on going to Bronco Safari next May. This trip would be more of a sure thing but then I would have to postpone our west trip yet another year.

So this is why I'm asking everyone's opinion on the 2 events. My wife's idea of roughing it would be a Motel 8 so no camping at either event if that makes a difference.

Any insight would be appreciated.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Darrel, Roughstock11
Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2023

May 12, 2023

Having been to both multiple times, and with the context that we support both and have a presence at both, and think both events are great for different reasons, I prefer Bronco Safari. Reasons below:

Creature Comforts: Moab, by nature, has many more food, coffee, and hotel options. Tons of great food and drink options, numerous coffee shops, local shops/stores, all major hotel chains have a presence to suit a range of budgets.

Off-Roading: I prefer the off-road options in Moab. There is much more variety both in terrain and difficulty than in Colorado. Also there is a wide range of duration. Some people wanna spend 2 hours on the trail, some wanna spend 12, Moab has it all and a lot closer to town where at Buena Vista you are more limited in trails and they are farther out.

Other Activities: Moab has a ton of non off-road activities to do if you are looking to explore more. Hiking, national parks, rafting, sky diving, mountain biking, horseback riding, etc.

MBS is heavily focused on off-road drives where as SCW has a much higher emphasis on the vendor show in the field, for that reason I prefer MBS bc I can choose from 10+ drives a day to go on ranging in difficulty from 1-10.

So if I didnt have the job I have and was driving that distance for one event, I personally would choose Moab Bronco Safari. Hope that helps!
@jordanfrombn on Instagram
the poacher, Cornwelltoolman

Life is a Highway

May 13, 2023

Having been to both multiple times, and with the context that we support both and have a presence at both, and thing both events are great for different reasons, I prefer Bronco Safari. Reasons below:

Creature Comforts: Moab, by nature, has many more food, coffee, and hotel options. Tons of great food and drink options, numerous coffee shops, local shops/stores, all major hotel chains have a presence to suit a range of budgets.

Off-Roading: I prefer the off-road options in Moab. There is much more variety both in terrain and difficulty than in Colorado. Also there is a wide range of duration. Some people wanna spend 2 hours on the trail, some wanna spend 12, Moab has it all and a lot closer to town where at Buena Vista you are more limited in trails and they are farther out.

Other Activities: Moab has a ton of non off-road activities to do if you are looking to explore more. Hiking, national parks, rafting, sky diving, mountain biking, horseback riding, etc.

MBS is heavily focused on off-road drives where as SCW has a much higher emphasis on the vendor show in the field, for that reason I prefer MBS bc I can choose from 10+ drives a day to go on ranging in difficulty from 1-10.

So if I didnt have the job I have and was driving that distance for one event, I personally would choose Moab Bronco Safari. Hope that helps!
What he said!
the poacher, jparker

Moab or bust!!!

May 13, 2023

Having been to both multiple times, and with the context that we support both and have a presence at both, and thing both events are great for different reasons, I prefer Bronco Safari. Reasons below:

Thanks Jordan. I appreciate the feedback.
jparker, Darrel

๐ŸŽMoab bound๐ŸŽ

May 13, 2023

I'm going to chime in, but I have not been to either event, but very familiar with the drive and keeping your best girl happy.
Last September we went to Moab on Labor Day weekend. Several people that went on the trail ride were going to SCW on Tuesday.
It is quite the drive from Moab to Indy. Buena Vista will be too. I suggest you plan on 3 days each way. Have Suzie (hope I spelled her name correctly) pick out something she wants to see each day along the route (Uranus Fudge Factory?). And then try to giver her a day in-between the wheeling. It may help break the riding for her. And you may miss a day or 3 of wheeling. Moab has great shops and restaurants. Buena Vista is in a beautiful area for viewing nature. Just south of Beuna Vista is Princeton and there are hot springs there. And just West of Princeton is St Elmos an old mining town. They have a wood pile that chipmunks live in and you can buy food to feed them. They come up and eat out of your hand.
Fitting in Bronco Knoll too in 2 weeks would/could be an effort.
I want to go to Bronco Safari next May. I love Moab late April and early May! Let me know if you decide to do that.
I'm happy that you can think about planning a trip like that!
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Jakob1972, the poacher

๐ŸŽMoab bound๐ŸŽ

May 13, 2023

@Deano Bronc this๐Ÿ‘†
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
jparker, Deano Bronc

Rank II

May 14, 2023

Whoa! 66 hours only on road travel and 4400 miles sound like a lot of dino juice and even more Benjamins.
However, what an epic trip ey! Next to the one you love, out on the open road in your Bronco with some tunes and some scenery.... fun & adventure.
it's not the destination, it's all about the journey. Whichever you choose I hope it's awesome. Be safe, take a ton of pictures, and please, post one or two for us?
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

May 14, 2023

Deano I haven't been to either event but if you have never been to Moab it is a spectacular destination I don't think you would be disappointed. and I could meet you there!
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Rank Benevolent Dictator

May 14, 2023

This is a no brainer for you, and the responses definitely agree. Go to Moab. The trails for you are the most iconic in the US, and there is lots to do for your wife to keep her beyond happy. Decision made!
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

May 15, 2023

I'm going to chime in, but I have not been to either event, but very familiar with the drive and keeping your best girl happy.
Last September we went to Moab on Labor Day weekend. Several people that went on the trail ride were going to SCW on Tuesday.
It is quite the drive from Moab to Indy. Buena Vista will be too. I suggest you plan on 3 days each way. Have Suzie (hope I spelled her name correctly) pick out something she wants to see each day along the route (Uranus Fudge Factory?). And then try to giver her a day in-between the wheeling. It may help break the riding for her. And you may miss a day or 3 of wheeling. Moab has great shops and restaurants. Buena Vista is in a beautiful area for viewing nature. Just south of Beuna Vista is Princeton and there are hot springs there. And just West of Princeton is St Elmos an old mining town. They have a wood pile that chipmunks live in and you can buy food to feed them. They come up and eat out of your hand.
Fitting in Bronco Knoll too in 2 weeks would/could be an effort.
I want to go to Bronco Safari next May. I love Moab late April and early May! Let me know if you decide to do that.
I'm happy that you can think about planning a trip like that!
Thanks Laurie, Yeah, 2 weeks to do all that was a bit ambitious. I would think 3 weeks might be more feasible although that will have to wait until we are both retired. ๐Ÿ˜†
Currently we are leaning towards Bronco Safari in May.๐Ÿ˜Š
TK1215, Darrel

Moab or bust!!!

May 15, 2023

Whoa! 66 hours only on road travel and 4400 miles sound like a lot of dino juice and even more Benjamins.
However, what an epic trip ey! Next to the one you love, out on the open road in your Bronco with some tunes and some scenery.... fun & adventure.
it's not the destination, it's all about the journey. Whichever you choose I hope it's awesome. Be safe, take a ton of pictures, and please, post one or two for us?
I agree, the fuel bill alone is would make me second guess myself. We had plans to stop along the way to meet a few BN members so the journey was also very important to us too.
Mobius 1, Darrel

Moab or bust!!!

May 15, 2023

Deano I haven't been to either event but if you have never been to Moab it is a spectacular destination I don't think you would be disappointed. and I could meet you there!
Oh yeah! I was counting on wheeling with you in Moab. ๐Ÿ˜
Cornwelltoolman, Darrel

Moab or bust!!!

May 15, 2023

This is a no brainer for you, and the responses definitely agree. Go to Moab. The trails for you are the most iconic in the US, and there is lots to do for your wife to keep her beyond happy. Decision made!
Yeah, it looks like the Bronco Safari is the way to go. Part of the original 2 week trip included being in Moab at least 2 days, but I think I could stand a few more days there. ๐Ÿ˜
the poacher, Darrel

๐ŸŽMoab bound๐ŸŽ

May 15, 2023

Thanks Laurie, Yeah, 2 weeks to do all that was a bit ambitious. I would think 3 weeks might be more feasible although that will have to wait until we are both retired. ๐Ÿ˜†
Currently we are leaning towards Bronco Safari in May.๐Ÿ˜Š
Well, I will keep that tentative on my calendar, for sure! Maybe we can get @Cornwelltoolman to join us in Moab too!
Cornwelltoolman, Deano Bronc