Got the call today

byronpete21
Oct 16, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

Heading to Ford tomorrow to order my 2022 Bronco.
Will be a two door badlands, 7 speed manual in Area 51, now just one final decision. To Sasquatch, or not to Sasquatch?
Opinions on this matter are most welcome.

Thanks,
Byron
ROCKO, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2021

Life is a Highway

Oct 16, 2021

Will be a two door badlands, 7 speed manual in Area 51, now just one final decision. To Sasquatch, or not to Sasquatch?

Thanks,
Byron
I just went to the Off Roadeo in Moab and drove a 4door squatched Badlands. If you are gonna go off road, absolutely get squatched and the Badlands with staybar disconnect and Sasquatch is awesome! To be fair, every different model pretty much killed it
Bike007b, Bronc96

No Ragerts

Oct 16, 2021

Squatch!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2021

Don’t Squatch!!

See this post.

But hey… if you have some cash to spare and want to spend it on overpriced set of tires from the factory… more power to you.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Bronc96, Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

This is what I love about this forum. Thanks everyone for the input and information. I certainly had not realized that the cost of the automatic was baked into the cake when ordering the Sasquatch package.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Oct 16, 2021

Don't do it! I too have a 2dr Badlands 7MT on order also, no sasquatch....With badlands trim you essentially get the same HOSS suspension. Save that extra charge and buy yourself better wheels and tires than what comes with the Sasquatch package.
7/14/20 Res, 2/8/21 Order, Scheduled build week of 11/15/21. 2021 Bronco Badlands, 2 Door, Anti Matter Blue, 7MT, Non-Sasquatch, Mid Package, Tow, Roof Rails, Rock Slide Engineering Power Rock Sliders
Bronc96, Speed Devil

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

Depends if your going to wheel or not and where. Gravel and dirt roads you will be fine in base with open diffs. Rocky step trails out west you are going to need lockers or momentum. Momentum can work out some times or end badly some times. SAS is more than lift wheels and tires. Lockers and gearing to run bigger tires is huge. I wanted a 2.3 Mansquatch. Since I am paying for the auto I took it and upgraded to the V6. Wife wanted and auto more even thought she has a stick now. Honestly the Auto is better for slow rock crawling. I am a stick guy. Everything I currently own (3) are sticks. For wheeling the rocks and technical terrain the Auto is way easier and better bite. Same trail same Rubi's Stick vs Auto. Auto isn't spinning a tire anywhere. Stick guys are always spinning, sliding, heating up the clutches etc. When there is a 400 ft cliff 12" to my right I don't want any spinning and sliding. Rubi was the 8 speed in low range was fantastic. I expect the 10 speed to be even better. Just slap stick it between gears to control your speed as needed. The Bronco is going to ride a lot better with IFS. Rubi was not fun on fast or slow gravel roads. Harsh ride, didn't like to slid of drift and handled like a brick. SAS has the look and performance and full factory warranty. Start swapping suspension parts and not it handles like shit and eats up tires. No thanks. Been there done that.
Return To Bronco Knoll! Base Bronco on 35's Takes Another Crack at Ford's Easter Egg Hunt! - YouTube Videoof big tres open diff vs 4 dr locked. They also have avid of the stock base on stock tires same hill. didn't make it.
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.
Bronc96, KennyMac

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

Just got back from the Ford dealer.
Here's what I got:
2 Doors Badlands in Area 51
2.3 L 4 cylinder with the 7 Speed Manual
Lux package (mainly for the radar cruise control and that sweet 12 inch screen)
Upgraded to the leather/vinyl seats
Optioned the tubular doors
I am sure I will change my build several times until I get a build date/vin number but that is about it for now.

Truly appreciate all the input from everyone, wishing all the best for those who have their Bronco's, or who are waiting on them.
Bronc96, KennyMac

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

Here's what I got:
I am sure I will change my build several times until I get a build date/vin number but that is about it for now.

Truly appreciate all the input from everyone, wishing all the best for those who have their Bronco's, or who are waiting on them.
Did your dealer Bring up the subject of price guarantee ? If so what was your take on the conversation ?

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

The price guarantee subject was discussed. I was told that Ford would review my order and that a private offer would come from Ford in the form of a rebate that could be used for the final purchase. I guess we will see what happens.
KennyMac, Bronco 202?

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

Don’t Squatch!!

See this post.

But hey… if you have some cash to spare and want to spend it on overpriced set of tires from the factory… more power to you.
It's more than tires.

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Oct 16, 2021

It's more than tires.
A Badlands already comes with most of the Squatch goodies , but optioning for the Squatch pkg also adds the 1/2" suspension lift , (5) beadlock capable wheels and (5) 35" Goodyear Territory tires , all under factory warranty. Oh , you also get the special Sasquatch Badlands badging ;)
Personally I see it as a great deal , especially with the warranty. If you want aftermarket rims/tires you can still come out great by selling the stock stuff .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

I decided to go non Sasquatch mainly because I want to stick with the Manual transmission. The thought of giving ford an extra 2000 dollars to not get something just didn't sit right with me. The fact that I will have the front/rear lockers and the HOSS suspension is good enough for me. I may be in the minority on this opinion, but I also really like the look of the stock badlands wheels. I also feel like with the smaller engine I will appreciate the lower mass of the slightly smaller tires. I of course may change my mind in the next couple of months and just go ahead and get the automatic, the 6cylinder and the Sasquatch package. I mean it's only money right?
Bronc96, Gimesnow

Rank II

Oct 16, 2021

It is beyond my comprehension as to why anyone... ANYONE would go non-sasquatch on the Bronco.

This is an off-road vehicle. Who in their right mind would want less than 35" tires? If you think 33" is a good look, buy an Explorer or some other "street" SUV.

Yes, OF COURSE you should get the Sasquatch package. No offense to anyone else, but 33" looks awful on the Bronco.

I went with Sasquatch just to go right up to 37" tires almost out of the gates.

Do NOT go "small tires" on a Bronco. Sad look for an otherwise majestically capable vehicle.

-JC
Bschurr
OBXBroncoGuy

Oct 16, 2021

Thanks,
Byron
You know, I wish I did. I debated like I debated the color, cyber orange or velocity blue. I wished I went with Sasquatch. Just do it, don’t regret
Bschurr, JeepersCreepers

Life is a Highway

Oct 16, 2021

I learned to drive a stick, have driven sticks my whole life, I have an 08 and 19 Mustangs and both are sticks. I love sticks. After Moab Off Roadeo, I am very happy I went with the AT. Either way they will be awesome!
Bronc96, KennyMac

Gladesmen

Oct 16, 2021

Here's what I got:

I am going same build but 4-door (2- teenage boys and two Great Danes) I will be adding a level kit and 37’s so I will have a essentially a man-squatch. the 7- speed badlands is basically a Sasquatch without the fugly wheels and meh tires. I just need to remove the crash bars.
Also A little food for thought you might want to keep the MGV because if you go leather you loose the washout floor. You can add kat skinz leather for about the same price as the leather/vinyl seats upgrade and you will get full leather. My dealer had a big bend with the Kat Skinz and it was really nice feeling and looked amazing.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Gimesnow

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

I am going same build but 4-door (2- teenage boys and two Great Danes) I will be adding a level kit and 37’s so I will have a essentially a man-squatch. the 7- speed badlands is basically a Sasquatch without the fugly wheels and meh tires. I just need to remove the crash bars.
Also A little food for thought you might want to keep the MGV because if you go leather you loose the washout floor. You can add kat skinz leather for about the same price as the leather/vinyl seats upgrade and you will get full leather. My dealer had a big bend with the Kat Skinz and it was really nice feeling and looked amazing.
Thanks for the reply, I didn't know about losing the washout floors with the leather vinyl. I had actually considered doing the Kat skins thing as they do make some nice seat covers. I guess I better call my dealer.

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

A Badlands already comes with most of the Squatch goodies , but optioning for the Squatch pkg also adds the 1/2" suspension lift , (5) beadlock capable wheels and (5) 35" Goodyear Territory tires , all under factory warranty. Oh , you also get the special Sasquatch Badlands badging ;)
Personally I see it as a great deal , especially with the warranty. If you want aftermarket rims/tires you can still come out great by selling the stock stuff .
Plus a 4.7 vs 4.46 final drive ratio.
KennyMac

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

Just drove a 2.7 with auto today SAS. Very impressed. I wanted a stick and 2.3 but when I was paying for an auto I am taking it and upgraded to the big motor. Had a Rubi I lifted and put 35's on. Crap on any road and lots of parts wore out fast. Horrible on any road and unpleasant. IFS is fantastic and drove so smooth. 80 was max velocity on the lifted rubi. I punched the 2.7 from 55 and it was hood up and 85 almost instantly and pulling hard. 100 is going to be no problem. I was worried about long trips with 35's and lift. Not any more. Very impressive and she does not need a V-8. I can't wait for my build now. Moab off-rodeo next.
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.
PSUTE