Got a reservation email that I can convert my order into a Raptor Bronco but it all went bad with dealer.

Cobra32v
Mar 13, 2022

Rank 0

Mar 13, 2022

Got the email from Ford that I was chosen to order a Raptor Bronco and I was excited about the news. That’s was until my dealer told me he wants 20,000 over MSRP and he told me if I don’t order it, he gets my allocation to order a retail Bronco Raptor unit in its place. Why would Ford let this happen? Why bother sending emails to reservation holders stating you our one of the few chosen to order a Bronco Raptor like it’s a big deal or something. When you give the Dealer a chance to steal your reservation for a retail sale. If Ford was looking out for the customer, they would at least leave it up to the reservation holder. I would think that this special allocation given to early reservation holders like me should stay with the reservation holder, unless the reservation holder decides not to order. It then should go to the next reservation holder wanting a Bronco Raptor not the Dealer. This would give the reservation holder some control over the pricing. I had a deal with the dealer and now he is saying play ball with us or you don’t get a Bronco Raptor. All Ford had to do is make it clear that an early reservation holder chosen by ford to get a Bronco Raptor would not turn into a dealer allocation if said Reservation holder decided to not to order the Raptor. I am going to call Ford customer service and see what they can do for me. Hope I can take my reservation for the Bronco Raptor to another dealer. How Ford handles this determines if this customer of almost 4 decades buys anymore Ford product. I have bought allot of Fords buy a new one every year and would think that counts for something but I guess not. Wanted a anti matter blue badlands when I order and then had to settle on the green color and now this. Was really excited about the Bronco but all these letdowns have really turned this into a depressing situation. I thought Farley was going put these dealers inline I guess not. Hopefully I’m wrong and Ford will come through, I will give them a chance.
Steve777468, Griffinftw
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2022

Road trip!!!

Mar 13, 2022

Ford won’t move your raptor order to another dealership.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
BroncOitis

Rank IV

Mar 13, 2022

Ford says that it will not allow dealership changes for Bronco Raptor orders:
Bronco Order Holder Frequently Asked Questions (ford.com)
The same FAQ page has a section about dealer pricing issues. They say:
"please contact a member of our Bronco Support Team at 800-334-4375. "
I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I was hoping to be selected for ordering a Raptor, but I wasn't so lucky (or early in my reservation time). I like your idea of the reservation going to the next Order Holder in line. That would remove the leverage that the dealer has.
I wouldn't want to pay $20K over MSRP either. I guess that you could risk it and turn around and sell it, but then you no longer have a Bronco or a Reservation.
Tough situation. Good luck to you. Let us know if you have any success.

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

It has help some others when they discussed with the dealer that your special order has an additional allotment provided to the dealer so that your order is not taken from there normal dealer allotment. I would still call Ford Bronco Support Team at the number in the above post. Many of us have ordered with a bill of sale at MSRP.
Past Bronco's: 1986 Bronco II V-6 Eddie Bauer - blue, 1986 Bronco 351 HO black, 1989 Bronco 351 HO Eddie Bauer - red

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

Ford is definitely filling the role of pimp with these dealerships (houses of ill repute) and their whore sales managers …..they are not only turning a blind eye to these types of practices, they are empowering and enabling them.
Ford has effectively told dealers to charge $20,000 to $30,000 dollar ADM’s and let their conscious be their guide when it comes to pricing someone out of their reservation after an over 2 year wait. They said this when they stated that reservation holders would not be able to switch dealerships for Bronco Raptors.
At least now they are being up front with the enabling of this legalized thievery, as opposed to saying if you don’t like your deal you can switch dealerships with the help of customer service in prior statements. Ford admitting they don’t give a shit and owning it, is the first step to lifting the curtain to the Wizards true allegiance. A positive step towards transparency but a sickening prospect none the less.
One step forward and two steps back……do better ford.
A350, TechnicalDisaster

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Mar 13, 2022

Ford is definitely filling the role of pimp with these dealerships (houses of ill repute) and their whore sales managers …..they are not only turning a blind eye to these types of practices, they are empowering and enabling them.
Ford has effectively told dealers to charge $20,000 to $30,000 dollar ADM’s and let their conscious be their guide when it comes to pricing someone out of their reservation after an over 2 year wait. They said this when they stated that reservation holders would not be able to switch dealerships for Bronco Raptors.
At least now they are being up front with the enabling of this legalized thievery, as opposed to saying if you don’t like your deal you can switch dealerships with the help of customer service in prior statements. Ford admitting they don’t give a shit and owning it, is the first step to lifting the curtain to the Wizards true allegiance. A positive step towards transparency but a sickening prospect none the less.
One step forward and two steps back……do better ford.
wow I'm glad I'm not quite so cynical as you are
Deano Bronc, BroncOitis

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Mar 13, 2022

Got the email from Ford that I was chosen to order a Raptor Bronco and I was excited about the news. That’s was until my dealer told me he wants 20,000 over MSRP and he told me if I don’t order it, he gets my allocation to order a retail Bronco Raptor unit in its place. Why would Ford let this happen? Why bother sending emails to reservation holders stating you our one of the few chosen to order a Bronco Raptor like it’s a big deal or something. When you give the Dealer a chance to steal your reservation for a retail sale. If Ford was looking out for the customer, they would at least leave it up to the reservation holder. I would think that this special allocation given to early reservation holders like me should stay with the reservation holder, unless the reservation holder decides not to order. It then should go to the next reservation holder wanting a Bronco Raptor not the Dealer. This would give the reservation holder some control over the pricing. I had a deal with the dealer and now he is saying play ball with us or you don’t get a Bronco Raptor. All Ford had to do is make it clear that an early reservation holder chosen by ford to get a Bronco Raptor would not turn into a dealer allocation if said Reservation holder decided to not to order the Raptor. I am going to call Ford customer service and see what they can do for me. Hope I can take my reservation for the Bronco Raptor to another dealer. How Ford handles this determines if this customer of almost 4 decades buys anymore Ford product. I have bought allot of Fords buy a new one every year and would think that counts for something but I guess not. Wanted a anti matter blue badlands when I order and then had to settle on the green color and now this. Was really excited about the Bronco but all these letdowns have really turned this into a depressing situation. I thought Farley was going put these dealers inline I guess not. Hopefully I’m wrong and Ford will come through, I will give them a chance.
All I can say to this that hadn't been said in this Thread yet, the Dealerships are only hurting themselves in the future, and if they are not careful, Ford could eventually cut out the middle man and sell directly to the customer. More than likely this won't happen, but I'm sure the Dealerships with Tesla said the same thing. I know a lot of you are not on board with this, but if a customer declines his order or refuses to accept delivery at MSRP, then I see no reason why a Dealership can't sell above MSRP they need to stay afloat like any other company. Nobody is forcing you to buy a stocked or canceled order above MSRP, and of course there's always going to be somebody that comes along and purchases that vehicle above MSRP.
This is where this can really hurt Dealerships, and their long time customers, when an order holder comes in to pickup their vehicle and they slap on an ADM on that vehicle, how would anybody react.
Dealerships need to do right by the customer, if they want to keep long time customers coming back for their business.
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
Jakob1972

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

All I can say to this that hadn't been said in this Thread yet, the Dealerships are only hurting themselves in the future, and if they are not careful, Ford could eventually cut out the middle man and sell directly to the customer. More than likely this won't happen, but I'm sure the Dealerships with Tesla said the same thing. I know a lot of you are not on board with this, but if a customer declines his order or refuses to accept delivery at MSRP, then I see no reason why a Dealership can't sell above MSRP they need to stay afloat like any other company. Nobody is forcing you to buy a stocked or canceled order above MSRP, and of course there's always going to be somebody that comes along and purchases that vehicle above MSRP.
This is where this can really hurt Dealerships, and their long time customers, when an order holder comes in to pickup their vehicle and they slap on an ADM on that vehicle, how would anybody react.
Dealerships need to do right by the customer, if they want to keep long time customers coming back for their business.
I wish they would sell straight to the customers.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Depwraith, Jakob1972

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

Put him on a guilt trip, ask him to explain market value for something that has an MSRP and none have been sold yet. Hound him with questions like, what happens if it's a lemon and Ford has to buy it back, do you give back the ADM also? Will Ford finance more than 100% or do I have to just pay you off first? If there is a total loss, I'm I now out your $20K cut?
Stall him, tell him you are trying to come up with the funds, I have seen no mention of what happens at the end of March if he hasn't made a deal with you yet and the order banks are closing he may think differently.

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

wow I'm glad I'm not quite so cynical as you are
Yeah, watching stealerships continuously price reservation holders out or their 2 year order tends to make some of us a little cynical, salty even. I can’t even count how many good people trying to buy their dream vehicle, have come on here and 6g and told this same story.
I certainly hope your buying experience meets your expectations, less you become cynical.
BroncOitis

Rank VI

Mar 13, 2022

I totally get why dealerships do it...because they can. It doesn't change the fact it sucks for the customer to high heck.

The way they've set this up, the reservation holder lucky enough to get the opportunity to buy a Raptor doesn't really get a Raptor reservation. They get first opportunity to buy the Raptor from their dealership at whatever ungodly ADM they choose. I suppose they get to pick the color though...sigh...
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
BroncOitis

Rank V

Mar 13, 2022

People say it will hurt the dealers in the future, but that's only if folks know about it. BLOW UP the web with negative reviews. Find dealers that WILL sell Raptors at MSPR and mention and praise them in the dealer review that you are hammering on. Yelp, Google, etc reviews.......hammer them. $5k-$10k ADM can be expected, but $20k-$50K is ridiculous.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22

Gladesmen

Mar 14, 2022

I wonder if you could take this to court get the judge to grant an injunction to keep them from selling it until y’all get this figured out. Now they have the vehicle but they can not do anything with it. I’d rather pay a slimy lawyer a few grand to try and fight this than give the thieving dealerships any more than MSRP. At least you you can tighten the screws on the dealership. I’d even be willing to sign a contract stating that if I sell it within a year that the dealership can have the right of first refusal. Sound like an amicable arrangement to me.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Mar 14, 2022

Yeah, watching stealerships continuously price reservation holders out or their 2 year order tends to make some of us a little cynical, salty even. I can’t even count how many good people trying to buy their dream vehicle, have come on here and 6g and told this same story.
I certainly hope your buying experience meets your expectations, less you become cynical.
oh it's absolutely horrible how these dealerships have been treating people I just couldn't live my life being so negative all the time there are good dealerships out there like mine that honor the agreed upon price
BroncOitis

Rank V

Mar 14, 2022

oh it's absolutely horrible how these dealerships have been treating people I just couldn't live my life being so negative all the time there are good dealerships out there like mine that honor the agreed upon price
Mine is great as well, and I added them to the good dealer list, and wrote about how great they are. Even how they don’t charge reservation holders ADM’s on Raptors for any of their dealerships across 8 states.
And I just gave Ford a glowing endorsement and have been defending them all day for their decision to ship Fords without all their chips.
However, when Ford or dealerships screw over people that have been engaged in this process for years, well, I tell it like it is. And I hope Ford is listening. And I hope I can make them see where they can do better.
But what I try really hard not to do is to attack other members, especially when they’re supporting a member that’s getting screwed over…….because that would be too cynical.