Goose Gear Bronco

goosegear
Dec 19, 2020

Rank 0

Dec 19, 2020

Hello all,

This is Brian from Goose Gear. We have incredible plans for the Bronco and will be releasing information as soon as it is available. We have been in contact with the design team at Ford as well as some of the marketing team. We are very excited to begin working on what we feel will be the new standard in the USA for Overland Travel, the Ford Bronco.

Our reservation for a Wildtrak was placed on opening day and we could not be more excited to get it in the shop and begin building it out.

Thank you,

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc.
goose-gear.com
Goose Gear, Inc
goose-gear.com
DRWright, Rgwinn
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2020

Rank IV

Dec 19, 2020

Hello all,

This is Brian from Goose Gear. We have incredible plans for the Bronco and will be releasing information as soon as it is available. We have been in contact with the design team at Ford as well as some of the marketing team. We are very excited to begin working on what we feel will be the new standard in the USA for Overland Travel, the Ford Bronco.

Our reservation for a Wildtrak was placed on opening day and we could not be more excited to get it in the shop and begin building it out.

Thank you,

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc.
goose-gear.com
I have your plate and 100% sleeping platform in my JKU. It’s great. Thanks.

Attachments

Bronc96, Calgecko

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Hello all,

Thank you,

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc.
goose-gear.com

Hey Brian,
Thanks for stopping by the forums. Could you talk about some of the products that are currently in your line up that you’re excited about? Also, we have a number of folks in the forum who are excited about building out their Broncos for long range adventure travel, what could they be doing now to get ready for their builds?
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Bandit Bronco, DRWright

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Dec 19, 2020

I see you have a plate system for the 5th gen Bronco. Shouldn't that fit in the 3rd & 4th gen (maybe 2nd) as well? I have a 4th gen and live fairly close to HB. I might be willing to let you try a test fit.
goosegear

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 19, 2020

What does goose gear have for gun racks and lockable gun storage?
goosegear

Rank 0

Dec 19, 2020

Hey Brian,
Thanks for stopping by the forums. Could you talk about some of the products that are currently in your line up that you’re excited about? Also, we have a number of folks in the forum who are excited about building out their Broncos for long range adventure travel, what could they be doing now to get ready for their builds?

Hi David, thanks for the question. Let me start off with some information about how we work with forums. We love forums and I have personally used many forums to gather information to make informed decisions about ideas and products for my own builds over the years (I am getting old).

Having said that, we do not monitor forums on a regular basis and as a general rule we do not post in forums as I simply do not have time to treat them all fairly and answer the questions people present. However, this situation is a bit different and we will post information on this thread as we work through but please understand, I do not have enough people to monitor the threads and respond in a timely fashion which is poor customer service in my opinion, we have dealers all over the country and respond to phone calls and emails from our website. Additionally, I am a much larger fan of the people in the forums, people that have first hand experience with our products or any other manufacturers product commenting and responding. Forums are the place people should go to get the real story on products from people that have actually used the products and not more marketing from companies.

The only reason I am here is because this forum is pushing a lot of traffic to our own website and I feel an obligation to at least comment on the fact that we are building interior options as soon as we can and that we are super excited to get our own Bronco. We plan to build it, use it, abuse it and if all goes well we will be entering it into the Rebelle Rally with a couple of employees from Goose Gear in 2021 behind the wheel. I also appreciate the allowance to comment and answer burning questions from the Forum itself, some forums will not allow manufacturers to post without being a sponsor and I understand this. Running a forum is more than a full time job that most people would never understand.

Ok, with all of that out of the way.

We plan on building a complete interior system similar to what we currently offer for the Land Cruiser 80 which up until now has been an iconic overland vehicle sold and used all over the world. We have one in our fleet and you can see more about the offerings on our site.

For the Bronco we will be focusing first on the 4 door model and then working into the 2 door. All of our systems are bolt in and will not require you to drill into the vehicle.

4 Door Bronco
  1. Rear Plate System - We will be offering rear plate systems as always along with second row seat delete options. We do not know until we see the Bronco if the factory table option will be able to remain, but my guess is that it will have to be removed in order to provide a secure mounting point for drawers and CampKitchens.
  2. Second Row Deletes
    1. Low Profile - Stealth Style, the low profile system will be based upon the height of the rear plate and continue forward to replace the second row seats, it will be split to replace one or both seats. Of course we will have storage space below the low profile seat deletes. This design will require the removal of the seat.
    2. Drawer Based - This system will be based upon a drawer height. Which means, if you have a rear single drawer or side x side drawer module, the second row delete will be based upon the top of the drawer and continue forward over the second row seat location. We do not know if you will be able to leave the seats installed and simply fold them flat or if they will have to be removed until we have more time with the Bronco. The drawer based model will provide much more storage up front, near the center of the vehicle and as low as you can get it, on the floor which is ideal for an overland rig. Weight distribution is key to safety.
  3. Drawers, IceBox, CampKitchen and Fridge Slides
    1. As with all of our systems we will design this one based upon our standard design layout, what does what mean to you? It means that depending upon the configuration of the Bronco and the internal dimensions, you might be able to keep a module you already own and simply bolt it to the new Bronco Plate. My guess is that the Bronco will use our CampKitchen 2.3 due to the shorter vehicle profile. If you remove the second row seats you should be able to use the CampKitchen 2.1 (28" length) or 2.2 (30" length).
    2. Rear Plate and keeping the second row seats intact. Based upon our initial information it appears that we will be using drawer modules and accessories that are equivalent in size to what we offer for the Jeep Wrangler JKU and Jeep Wrangler JLU.
  4. New product...if you have read this far here is a nugget. We have designed, tested and are beginning production on a drop down tailgate table for the Jeep Wrangler JLU, no one knows this with the exception of a few people that I can count on my fingers. The new table is just super simple and awesome, less is more in our opinion. The beauty is that this table will be made available for the Bronco as soon as we get a 3D scanner on the tailgate of a Bronco.
2 Door Bronco
  1. Rear Plate System - We will be offering rear plate systems as always, the rear plate will be similar to the Jeep Wrangler 2 doors and require the removal of the second row seats. We do not know until we see the Bronco if the factory table option will be able to remain, but my guess is that it will have to be removed in order to provide a secure mounting point for drawers and CampKitchens.
  2. Drawers, IceBox, CampKitchen and Fridge Slides
    1. As with all of our systems we will design this one based upon our standard design layout, what does that mean to you? It means that depending upon the configuration of the Bronco and the internal dimensions, you might be able to keep a module you already own and simply bolt it to the new Bronco Plate. This too will be similar to the Jeep Wrangler product lines.
Bronco Sport

We will be supporting the new Bronco Sport, development for the Bronco Sport will probably occur in the months following the Bronco. Options for the Bronco Sport will include systems that are very similar to the Toyota 4Runner lineup.

--------

Things to consider and prepare for when building an Overland rig.

1. There are so many...
  2. Weight and weight distribution
    1. GVWR is a serious thing to think about. For long trips you need a lot of things, but less is more. Unless you are going crazy rock crawling you probably will not need to carry an extra CV Axle, you will be driving a brand new vehicle.
    2. The biggest mistake I see over and over and hear from our customers is that I am driving a car I can take all of this stuff with me since I am not backpacking and do not have to personally carry it. True, but at the expense of your vehicle performance.
    3. When shopping for gear for your overland travel, buy backpacking gear, its lighter, smaller and typically of a premium long life quality which will save you money for the long haul.
    4. Keep it low and centered if at all possible.
  3. Suspension, there are many companies building quality suspension, but this is more important than your interior. Yep, selling you someone else products instead of my own, sleep in a ground tent and cook in a jetboil to put money towards suspension. Great suspension is an absolute joy to drive. Until you have had great suspension, you have no idea what I am talking about, but when you get it :)
  4. Did I mention GVWR?
  5. I suggest you all listen to the Overland Journal Podcast with Scott Brady and Matt Scott. If this podcast was alive when I built my first rig I could've saved a lot of time and money. They are a wealth of information from truly global overland travelers and they are giving up this information for free.
  6. Less is more. You do not need 50 gallons of water for your extended 3 day weekend trip or a spare transfer case (I'm being ridiculous, but you would be surprised what I have seen).
  7. Most important, just do it. I have been at the top of a mountain in my very well equipped Tacoma only to see a guy and his girlfriend roll up to a spot near us in a Crown Vic. Whose the idiot in that situation? I sold my Tacoma for enough money to buy 23 Crown Vics. I could've used a different Crown Vic for every trip I took that year. Get out and explore, we live in a beautiful world and I am in awe every time we experience a new location. Go explore with your friends and family, these are the best times I have ever had in my life and the people in the Overland community are awesome.
PICK UP YOUR TRASH - Leave it better than you found it. The Overland Community is blowing up and everyone wants to get out and it is showing on the trails. The politicians would love nothing more than to close our trails and land.

GG_Wildcat.jpg
Goose Gear, Inc
goose-gear.com
14U, Rgwinn

Rank 0

Dec 19, 2020

I see you have a plate system for the 5th gen Bronco. Shouldn't that fit in the 3rd & 4th gen (maybe 2nd) as well? I have a 4th gen and live fairly close to HB. I might be willing to let you try a test fit.
Shoot us an email and we can have you drop by for a quick test fit before you buy.

Thank you,

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc
goose-gear.com
Bronc96, TorgSurv

Rank 0

Dec 19, 2020

I have your plate and 100% sleeping platform in my JKU. It’s great. Thanks.
Thank you very much.

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc
goose-gear.com

Rank 0

Dec 19, 2020

What does goose gear have for gun racks and lockable gun storage?
Gun safe and legal storage is a tricky issue, but it is actually quite high on our list and we have already begun researching the legal requirements. It's on our list of key developments for 2021.

Thank you,

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc
goose-gear.com
Rgwinn, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Hello all,

Thank you,

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc.
goose-gear.com

Brian, Welcome to Bronco Nation!

I placed a reservation early on 7/14 and plan to purchase a Badlands 2-door. Will you be offering products for the Bronco 2-door? I would be interested in products that support multi-day adventure travel. I plan to travel solo with my dog, so the back seat space will be available for other uses.
Rgwinn, goosegear

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Brian, Welcome to Bronco Nation!

I placed a reservation early on 7/14 and plan to purchase a Badlands 2-door. Will you be offering products for the Bronco 2-door? I would be interested in products that support multi-day adventure travel. I plan to travel solo with my dog, so the back seat space will be available for other uses.

Check the post above, it looks like they will!

2 Door Bronco
  1. Rear Plate System - We will be offering rear plate systems as always, the rear plate will be similar to the Jeep Wrangler 2 doors and require the removal of the second row seats. We do not know until we see the Bronco if the factory table option will be able to remain, but my guess is that it will have to be removed in order to provide a secure mounting point for drawers and CampKitchens.
    1. As with all of our systems we will design this one based upon our standard design layout, what does what mean to you? It means that depending upon the configuration of the Bronco and the internal dimensions, you might be able to keep a module you already own and simply bolt it to the new Bronco Plate. This too will be similar to the Jeep Wrangler product lines.
TK1215, goosegear

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

@goosegear, thanks for stopping by! Understand that you can't spend too much time here since you've got work to do getting great gear out the door.
Rgwinn, TK1215

Gladesmen

Dec 19, 2020

Welcome to the Nation. I will be looking at Goose Gear, in a few months for our Badlands 4-door
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, broncokie

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Thanks for stopping by BN to chat with us @goosegear. Looking forward to see what you come up with for the Bronc!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
TK1215, goosegear

Life is a Highway

Jan 31, 2021

Great ideas and a great philosophy. See you on the trail! Thanks for sharing
goosegear

Rank IV

Feb 11, 2021

Hello all,

Thank you,

Brian
Goose Gear, Inc.
goose-gear.com
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your products for the new Bronco!
SC Doberman, goosegear

Rank III

Apr 08, 2021

Brian,

Thanks for your post. Please give us a heads up on the new products as soon as possible. And don’t forget the people who are getting the 2dr models!
Bronc96, goosegear

Rank 0

Apr 08, 2021

Brian,

Thanks for your post. Please give us a heads up on the new products as soon as possible. And don’t forget the people who are getting the 2dr models!

We won't forget about the 2 door models!!!
Goose Gear, Inc
goose-gear.com
Sdakotabronco, Bronc96

Rank VI

Apr 15, 2021

Hi David, thanks for the question. Let me start off with some information about how we work with forums. We love forums and I have personally used many forums to gather information to make informed decisions about ideas and products for my own builds over the years (I am getting old).

Having said that, we do not monitor forums on a regular basis and as a general rule we do not post in forums as I simply do not have time to treat them all fairly and answer the questions people present. However, this situation is a bit different and we will post information on this thread as we work through but please understand, I do not have enough people to monitor the threads and respond in a timely fashion which is poor customer service in my opinion, we have dealers all over the country and respond to phone calls and emails from our website. Additionally, I am a much larger fan of the people in the forums, people that have first hand experience with our products or any other manufacturers product commenting and responding. Forums are the place people should go to get the real story on products from people that have actually used the products and not more marketing from companies.

The only reason I am here is because this forum is pushing a lot of traffic to our own website and I feel an obligation to at least comment on the fact that we are building interior options as soon as we can and that we are super excited to get our own Bronco. We plan to build it, use it, abuse it and if all goes well we will be entering it into the Rebelle Rally with a couple of employees from Goose Gear in 2021 behind the wheel. I also appreciate the allowance to comment and answer burning questions from the Forum itself, some forums will not allow manufacturers to post without being a sponsor and I understand this. Running a forum is more than a full time job that most people would never understand.

Ok, with all of that out of the way.

We plan on building a complete interior system similar to what we currently offer for the Land Cruiser 80 which up until now has been an iconic overland vehicle sold and used all over the world. We have one in our fleet and you can see more about the offerings on our site.

For the Bronco we will be focusing first on the 4 door model and then working into the 2 door. All of our systems are bolt in and will not require you to drill into the vehicle.

4 Door Bronco
  1. Rear Plate System - We will be offering rear plate systems as always along with second row seat delete options. We do not know until we see the Bronco if the factory table option will be able to remain, but my guess is that it will have to be removed in order to provide a secure mounting point for drawers and CampKitchens.
  2. Second Row Deletes
    1. Low Profile - Stealth Style, the low profile system will be based upon the height of the rear plate and continue forward to replace the second row seats, it will be split to replace one or both seats. Of course we will have storage space below the low profile seat deletes. This design will require the removal of the seat.
    2. Drawer Based - This system will be based upon a drawer height. Which means, if you have a rear single drawer or side x side drawer module, the second row delete will be based upon the top of the drawer and continue forward over the second row seat location. We do not know if you will be able to leave the seats installed and simply fold them flat or if they will have to be removed until we have more time with the Bronco. The drawer based model will provide much more storage up front, near the center of the vehicle and as low as you can get it, on the floor which is ideal for an overland rig. Weight distribution is key to safety.
  3. Drawers, IceBox, CampKitchen and Fridge Slides
    1. As with all of our systems we will design this one based upon our standard design layout, what does what mean to you? It means that depending upon the configuration of the Bronco and the internal dimensions, you might be able to keep a module you already own and simply bolt it to the new Bronco Plate. My guess is that the Bronco will use our CampKitchen 2.3 due to the shorter vehicle profile. If you remove the second row seats you should be able to use the CampKitchen 2.1 (28" length) or 2.2 (30" length).
    2. Rear Plate and keeping the second row seats intact. Based upon our initial information it appears that we will be using drawer modules and accessories that are equivalent in size to what we offer for the Jeep Wrangler JKU and Jeep Wrangler JLU.
  4. New product...if you have read this far here is a nugget. We have designed, tested and are beginning production on a drop down tailgate table for the Jeep Wrangler JLU, no one knows this with the exception of a few people that I can count on my fingers. The new table is just super simple and awesome, less is more in our opinion. The beauty is that this table will be made available for the Bronco as soon as we get a 3D scanner on the tailgate of a Bronco.
2 Door Bronco
    1. As with all of our systems we will design this one based upon our standard design layout, what does that mean to you? It means that depending upon the configuration of the Bronco and the internal dimensions, you might be able to keep a module you already own and simply bolt it to the new Bronco Plate. This too will be similar to the Jeep Wrangler product lines.
Bronco Sport

We will be supporting the new Bronco Sport, development for the Bronco Sport will probably occur in the months following the Bronco. Options for the Bronco Sport will include systems that are very similar to the Toyota 4Runner lineup.

--------

Things to consider and prepare for when building an Overland rig.

1. There are so many...
  2. Weight and weight distribution
    1. GVWR is a serious thing to think about. For long trips you need a lot of things, but less is more. Unless you are going crazy rock crawling you probably will not need to carry an extra CV Axle, you will be driving a brand new vehicle.
    2. The biggest mistake I see over and over and hear from our customers is that I am driving a car I can take all of this stuff with me since I am not backpacking and do not have to personally carry it. True, but at the expense of your vehicle performance.
    3. When shopping for gear for your overland travel, buy backpacking gear, its lighter, smaller and typically of a premium long life quality which will save you money for the long haul.
    4. Keep it low and centered if at all possible.
  3. Suspension, there are many companies building quality suspension, but this is more important than your interior. Yep, selling you someone else products instead of my own, sleep in a ground tent and cook in a jetboil to put money towards suspension. Great suspension is an absolute joy to drive. Until you have had great suspension, you have no idea what I am talking about, but when you get it :)
  4. Did I mention GVWR?
  5. I suggest you all listen to the Overland Journal Podcast with Scott Brady and Matt Scott. If this podcast was alive when I built my first rig I could've saved a lot of time and money. They are a wealth of information from truly global overland travelers and they are giving up this information for free.
  6. Less is more. You do not need 50 gallons of water for your extended 3 day weekend trip or a spare transfer case (I'm being ridiculous, but you would be surprised what I have seen).
  7. Most important, just do it. I have been at the top of a mountain in my very well equipped Tacoma only to see a guy and his girlfriend roll up to a spot near us in a Crown Vic. Whose the idiot in that situation? I sold my Tacoma for enough money to buy 23 Crown Vics. I could've used a different Crown Vic for every trip I took that year. Get out and explore, we live in a beautiful world and I am in awe every time we experience a new location. Go explore with your friends and family, these are the best times I have ever had in my life and the people in the Overland community are awesome.
PICK UP YOUR TRASH - Leave it better than you found it. The Overland Community is blowing up and everyone wants to get out and it is showing on the trails. The politicians would love nothing more than to close our trails and land.

View attachment 6594
Great information...appreciate your time and look forward to the Bronco catalog.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches

Rank VI

Apr 15, 2021

Very cool, seen some of your products talked about on TrailRecon. Brad thinks highly of your stuff.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
goosegear