Going to Off-Roadeo Vermont? What else should folks do in the Green Mountain State?

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
Subscribed! I have done a ton of skiing throughout the state but haven’t had the pleasure of an off-road adventure yet. Hopefully I will have my Bronco in tome to attend this year’s festivities!

PAN70

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 19, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Niedzielski
I consider myself VT through marriage. My wife is from Norther VT - The North East Kingdom (NEK). It is worth visiting if you have the time. Especially in the Fall. If you are into mountain biking, I would highly suggest to hit the Kingdom Trails in East Burke, VT. Great place to spend a couple of days. I live in MA, and do plan on signing up for the off rodeo. Will most likely take my 16 year old son for some driving and mt. biking.

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Since the location has been formalized, we need updates to this thread!

We have 10 days off work for this trip. 1300 miles each way, pulling our 31 ft camper, planning catching sights and spots on the way, probably 2-3 days travel, 4 days in the NE, 3 days travel home. We want to hit ME for at least a day, never been and want to see. Coming from Alabama, what are some must see spots we don't want to miss?
I work 5 miles down the road from the world's largest office chair, nobody gives a crap about that, but Dad's BBQ across the street is off the chain. But we saw an old couple taking pictures of the stack of hearses at the haunted chicken house on US431 yesterday, I think it is now more impressive than the famed cadillac ranch. And one hell of a haunted house in the fall. So what yall new englanders got??

IMG_20180612_111742270.jpg

bdawson24

Rank VI

Champion I

May 20, 2020
Michigan, USA
Member #

Since the location has been formalized, we need updates to this thread!

We have 10 days off work for this trip. 1300 miles each way, pulling our 31 ft camper, planning catching sights and spots on the way, probably 2-3 days travel, 4 days in the NE, 3 days travel home. We want to hit ME for at least a day, never been and want to see. Coming from Alabama, what are some must see spots we don't want to miss?
I work 5 miles down the road from the world's largest office chair, nobody gives a crap about that, but Dad's BBQ across the street is off the chain. But we saw an old couple taking pictures of the stack of hearses at the haunted chicken house on US431 yesterday, I think it is now more impressive than the famed cadillac ranch. And one hell of a haunted house in the fall. So what yall new englanders got??

View attachment 16596
@buzzy Why don't you let this person know what NE is all about???!!!

tasker

Rank V

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Rindge, NH, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Wickman
Member #

DEPENDS on what you want to do Kenny and how long you will be in Maine....give me an idea of interests...

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
DEPENDS on what you want to do Kenny and how long you will be in Maine....give me an idea of interests...
Definitely want to catch some hikes with good views and/or waterfalls. Normally we try to catch some good local places to eat, but the way the world is going, there's no telling if we can plan on that yet or not. And we're definitely gonna check out the coast since we'll be that close, so whatever exciting sights we can find there.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
For anyone attending NH Off Roadeo who has never been to the area, I strongly encourage you to spend at least an extra day in NH. This state is amazing. Beautiful drives,
20210916_110105.jpg

20210916_141355.jpg

plenty of hikes through lush forests and Amazing views, and just plain cool places to visit. This morning we took a short hike for this view of Squam Lake with Lake Winnipesaukee in the background.
20210916_124836.jpg

20210916_122728.jpg

Stopped at a pretty cool gift store and found a puzzle we couldn't not buy...
20210916_151658.jpg

20210916_151247.jpg

My wife and I have really enjoyed our first visit to this state, and I have a feeling we will be back. We even got a couple "Live Free or Die" shirts, I love it!

OurBroncoLife

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 22, 2020
New York, NY, USA
www.youtube.com
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Downey
Member #

Wow looks great!! Thanks for sharing.
Here is our recap video plus 2 places we camped at:
-Gunstock mountain campground (10-15 min walk to base camp)
-Alpaca farm 20 minutes away.

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo New Hampshire EXTENDED CUT Of Trails + Base Camp | Our Bronco Life

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo Camping At Base Camp! | New Hampshire | Our Bronco Life

Camping With Alpaca's Near The Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo New Hampshire | Our Bronco Life

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Wow looks great!! Thanks for sharing.
Here is our recap video plus 2 places we camped at:
-Gunstock mountain campground (10-15 min walk to base camp)
-Alpaca farm 20 minutes away.

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo New Hampshire EXTENDED CUT Of Trails + Base Camp | Our Bronco Life

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo Camping At Base Camp! | New Hampshire | Our Bronco Life

Camping With Alpaca's Near The Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo New Hampshire | Our Bronco Life
Wow, that's cool! When we booked, I didn't even realize Gunstock had it's own campground, but kinda glad we stayed up the road to give us more driving and exploring opportunities. We're at Ames Brook Campground about 35 minutes away. Awesome site!
20210914_140047.jpg

OurBroncoLife

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 22, 2020
New York, NY, USA
www.youtube.com
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Downey
Member #

Wow, that's cool! When we booked, I didn't even realize Gunstock had it's own campground, but kinda glad we stayed up the road to give us more driving and exploring opportunities. We're at Ames Brook Campground about 35 minutes away. Awesome site!View attachment 18388
Looks great and peaceful.

Reactions: Bschurr