Going to Off-Roadeo Nevada? What else will you do while you're there?

David
Dec 18, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

Off-Roadeo is coming to Nevada. If you've already been on the trails there, what would you suggest people do while they're in the area?
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Bronc96, bdawson24
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2020

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Dec 18, 2020

While I haven't been to the area they're having it, I do live in CA, not too far from NV (3-6 hour drive depending on where)... I watched the Rebelle Rally with excitement, knowing that all the areas they were driving on, were getting added to my list of places to see. https://community.thebronconation.c...nge-themselves-on-stunning-and-tough-terrain/ We are fortunate to have some amazing desert areas, mountainous areas and areas like the Rubicon trail very nearby ... I can't wait to find out more about the location for the NV Off Roadeo and see what other places we can hit on that trip! While I know it's possible the events may open up before we take delivery of our trucks, I'm going to wait until I get mine, so I can drive it to and from the event, and hit some of these other areas!!
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Midnight Blue, TorgSurv

Rank III

Dec 20, 2020

Any one know of the dates for this?

Rank VI

Dec 20, 2020

Any one know of the dates for this?
Registration opens in early 2021, dates have not been announced for when the locations open.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Bronc96, bdawson24

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

The description says the location is not far outside of Vegas. I hear that town has a few things to do ;)
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Rgwinn, Midnight Blue

Rank 0

Feb 26, 2021

Time to get that 100gal tank installed...LOL
Deano Bronc, TorgSurv

Rank 0

Feb 27, 2021

Time to get that 100gal tank installed...LOL
Also, dont forget to bring a towel...:)
Vegas_Rifraf

Rank 0

Feb 27, 2021

Is the Bunny Ranch still open - asking for a friend?
Curt_Russell, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Feb 27, 2021

Is the Bunny Ranch still open - asking for a friend?

How’d you get to be friends with Lamar Odom???

I kid, I kid, love that guy but sheesh that’s all I can think of when I hear bunny ranch now.
Chief1301, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Mar 22, 2021

Go see Rhyolite or one of the other ghost towns or abandoned mines in S NV. There are so many! I can’t wait to do the Red Rock Loop topless and doorless Just past the Mt Charleston exit and Paiute reservation you’ll find Mormon Wells Rd, which has tons of fun trails. Or get a pic of your Area 51 near Area 51. ;) My grandpa worked there for 30 years and was there for all of the early A-bomb tests. Too bad he wasn’t allowed to tell us much about it. Just don’t get too close to the test site—they don’t mess around up there!!
Chief1301, TorgSurv

Rank III

Mar 28, 2021

I keep hearing of a trail from Vegas to Barstow?... Anyone know this trail? Would be cool to do the Off Roadeo and then hit that run.

Rank VI

Apr 01, 2021

Old Rt 66 maybe?
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.
TorgSurv

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Apr 23, 2021

I keep hearing of a trail from Vegas to Barstow?... Anyone know this trail? Would be cool to do the Off Roadeo and then hit that run.
I haven't, but it sounds intriguing.
TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

My DeLorme detail map shows the Old Spanish National Historic Trail going west from just outside Las Vegas as far as Tecopa in California. Sorry, don't have a detail map for California, Rand Mc Nally shows the paved road going north & South from Tecopa.
Happy Trails!
TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

You might want to consider using GAIA GPS. Once you know the location of your base camp, switch on the Public Tracks overlay and begin analyzing all the tracks. If you hover over a green track, it turns a different color and you see all the detailed metrics regarding speed, distance, etc. That is how you separate the vehicle tracks from the hikers. Exciting!

Las Vegas Public Tracks.png
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

First off, do we know the location for the Off-Roadeo in Nevada?
A quick look around Las Vegas and the area to the north looks amazing. How about an off-road drive in the area of Mormon Wells and Gass Can Peak? One would need to complete a deep dive into researching the route, but information is readily available.

Mormon Wells, Gass Can Peak.png

Mormon Well Road - Desert - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (fws.gov)

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

If you have your own 4x4 when you go to Nevada, I think this would be a cool side trip. To Pioneer saloon, at the 1:28 mark you can see the gate for Off-Roadeo

Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2021

That video in enough to convince me to drive my J**p to the Las Vegas OffRoadeo. Thanks
Rgwinn