Going in Late July -- Friday or Saturday?

njbronco
Mar 22, 2022

Rank III

Mar 22, 2022

Hey All!

My wife and I are planning to go up to the NH Off Rodeo in late July as part of our celebration of our 10 year anniversary (I somehow convinced her to do this instead of a beach! One of our first dates was offroading though, so not too surprising!)

We are planning on driving from NJ to NH on Thursday 7/28 and can do the Off-Rodeo on Friday 7/29 or Saturday 7/30. Any recommendations as to whether or not Friday or Saturday is better? I was thinking Friday would likely have fewer people so a bit less waiting on the trails, however, we also don't want to be the only people there.
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2022

Rank V

Mar 22, 2022

Congratulations to you and your wife! Although I went to the one in Utah, I'm sure you and your wife are going to have so much fun.
I went on a Saturday. They did limit how many drivers per session. I don't remember exactly how many, 12 maybe 15.
There were two that day and were staggered about an hour apart.

The Broncos we were going to drive here lined up about 50 yards from where we were gathered.
After the introductions and instructions, it was a free for all to run to the Bronco you wanted to drive for the day LOL.
You drive it all day with no instructor. We followed the lead Bronco to the trail and then had spotters that guided you through the course.
We crawled over boulders where we were on 2 wheels. Steep hills. At one point I thought I was going to tip over LOL. Make sure you bring a camera,
but your phone camera will work also and have your wife film you while you going through some of the "killer" obstacles. You'll both love the memories.
It was so much fun and I was impressed with it's capabilities.

Plan on staying an extra night. You will be beat by the end of the day. But it's a good beat.
I hope you have a GREAT time.

Attachments

Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 22, 2022

Correction. I went to the Rodeo in Las Vegas. I was thinking about the Ford Explorer ST SUV Experience in Utah that I'm going to go to.
I'm excited about that one also.

Rank III

Mar 22, 2022

Congratulations to you and your wife! Although I went to the one in Utah, I'm sure you and your wife are going to have so much fun.
I went on a Saturday. They did limit how many drivers per session. I don't remember exactly how many, 12 maybe 15.
There were two that day and were staggered about an hour apart.

The Broncos we were going to drive here lined up about 50 yards from where we were gathered.
After the introductions and instructions, it was a free for all to run to the Bronco you wanted to drive for the day LOL.
You drive it all day with no instructor. We followed the lead Bronco to the trail and then had spotters that guided you through the course.
We crawled over boulders where we were on 2 wheels. Steep hills. At one point I thought I was going to tip over LOL. Make sure you bring a camera,
but your phone camera will work also and have your wife film you while you going through some of the "killer" obstacles. You'll both love the memories.
It was so much fun and I was impressed with it's capabilities.

Plan on staying an extra night. You will be beat by the end of the day. But it's a good beat.
I hope you have a GREAT time.

Thank you for the info, looks like you had a great time! While we're not new to offroading, we haven't taken our Bronco on the trails yet... so looking forward to the course and learning the limits of the Bronco in someone else's vehicle!

Rank IV

Mar 22, 2022

I am local in NH. Good choice to drive up on Thurs. The whole area and heading north around Lake Winni on Fri aftternoons in summer can be a bit hectic. Either day to do the Rodeo would be fine but just be prepared there can be a lot of traffic getting to/from the venue in summer as it can be busy. I am waiting until I am closer to getting my Bronco to sign up. I am currently scheduled for a 4/4 build. Fingers crossed I don't get delayed again!
'22 OBX | 4 Dr | 2.7L | MIC | High Pkg | Shadow Black |Res 2.23.21 | Ord 10.23.21 | 4.5.22 BLEND | Delivered 7.23.22. 🖤
njbronco, PSUTE

Rank V

Mar 22, 2022

Congrats!!! Am going 7/14 (a Thursday).
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
mgraced