GOAT Modes

Boulot
Apr 22, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 22, 2021

Why can’t all the GOAT modes be offered for the FE’s? Adding the Sport mode would just be a software addition/patch by Ford to the Badlands GOAT mode package. As we already know, currently, the Badlands and the FE models share the same GOAT mode package. In my opinion, adding the Sport mode would further set the FE apart from the other models and help to make the FE what it was billed to be; the culmination of all the best attributes of each model into a single vehicle.
CARdiac, LagoCJ
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021

Wank ER

Apr 22, 2021

Amen brother @Boulot.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Stereo

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

Since we are at this, I suggested they have a user-defined mode as well so we could make a mode if we wanted to.
I wasn't there...
Bronco V-8, LagoCJ

Life is a Highway

Apr 26, 2021

I would like to have laser beam cannons. Of course to clear brush and boulders!
Onegod143, SierraHotelBronco

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

Hellfire missiles are much more of a reasonable request.
I wasn't there...
Deano Bronc, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

They can, they've chosen not to. They can program anything they want. It's like asking why Microsoft Word doesn't come with ten more fonts, that you want and maybe no one else does. I personally think it's stupid they've programmed as many as they have; in fact, I wish they didn't come with GOAT modes at all. I think they are a marketing gimmick and add complexity where none is needed. They are burdening the consumer with an electronic device that will fail over time. So, the answer to your question is they've decided you don't need Baja and Sport, they are too similar, they've decided it isn't cost effective. I for one am soooo glad.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Bronco V-8

Wank ER

Apr 26, 2021

Shoot - I'm going to get super rock evasive and 4x4 with a helicopter. Best damn vehicle for the tougher obstacles.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
TK1215, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

May 01, 2021

So, realized today that our new F150 actually has more drive modes than the Bronco!

The 2021 F-150 4×4 modes include:
  • Normal
  • Eco
  • Tow/Haul
  • Sport
  • Slippery
  • Deep Snow/Sand
  • Mud & Ruts
  • Rock Crawl
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Libations MOD

May 01, 2021

So, realized today that our new F150 actually has more drive modes than the Bronco!

The 2021 F-150 4×4 modes include:
  • Normal
  • Eco
  • Tow/Haul
  • Sport
  • Slippery
  • Deep Snow/Sand
  • Mud & Ruts
  • Rock Crawl
I wouldn't be putting any loaded work trailer behind the Bronco to tow as the F150 is designed for. So, given that is the only different one, I'll keep my F250 for real towing/work and my Bronco for fun maybe the jet skis now and then
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Rgwinn, TK1215

Member 2541 Jerry

May 01, 2021

The big difference I see between Baja and sport is vehicle set-up in vehicle height & suspension travel.
You don’t want a high clearance vehicle hooking up hard on an asphalt roadway, it will underdrive the roof sway.
Just as you wouldn’t want a lower clearance vehicle on high speed dirt trails to get airborne only to bottom out on the shock clearance.
That’s why everyone has been trying to tell others “Get What YOU want for how YOU intend to use it”
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, Rydfree

Rank VI

May 01, 2021

They can, they've chosen not to. They can program anything they want. It's like asking why Microsoft Word doesn't come with ten more fonts, that you want and maybe no one else does. I personally think it's stupid they've programmed as many as they have; in fact, I wish they didn't come with GOAT modes at all. I think they are a marketing gimmick and add complexity where none is needed. They are burdening the consumer with an electronic device that will fail over time. So, the answer to your question is they've decided you don't need Baja and Sport, they are too similar, they've decided it isn't cost effective. I for one am soooo glad.
Shelby Hall described it the best in one of her drive videos.
The Goat modes change many parameters in the vehicles response that a person can't do on the fly. It changes throttle response, steering wheel input, and many other things beyond just throwing on a rear locked and taking off traction control.

At first I thought the same thing but things like changing steering wheel response based on the type of ground your on makes for a better end user experience.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

May 01, 2021

The big difference I see between Baja and sport is vehicle set-up in vehicle height & suspension travel.
The main difference is Baja is 4WD and Sport is 2WD no heights change with the GOAT Modes unless Ford has not disclosed that anywhere and they do adjust the shock heights.
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Rgwinn, 14U

Rank 0

May 01, 2021

You don’t want a high clearance vehicle hooking up hard on an asphalt roadway, it will underdrive the roof sway.
Just as you wouldn’t want a lower clearance vehicle on high speed dirt trails to get airborne only to bottom out on the shock clearance.
That’s why everyone has been trying to tell others “Get What YOU want for how YOU intend to use it”

The Wildtrack version has Sport mode, and it shares the same Sasquatch suspension with the FE so that argument makes no sense.
14U, DRWright

Member 2541 Jerry

May 01, 2021

The Wildtrack version has Sport mode, and it shares the same Sasquatch suspension with the FE so that argument makes no sense.
So it comes with the dual shock setup ?
Just curious.
I was looking at the BD sport mode available.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Member 2541 Jerry

May 01, 2021

I guess the same argument could be made as BD offers Rock Crawl, but no way for a sway bar disconnect.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Rank VI

May 01, 2021

Hellfire missiles are much more of a reasonable request.
Sometimes it makes you feel better to have the button....
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Broncofly, Sdakotabronco

Rank 0

May 01, 2021

Just curious.

The Wildtrack has the Sasquatch suspension as standard equipment. That suspension is the same regardless of which version you have including the shocks.
14U, DRWright

Rank VI

May 01, 2021

The Wildtrack has the Sasquatch suspension as standard equipment. That suspension is the same regardless of which version you have including the shocks.
According to Badlands owners their suspension is different as they want more justification as to why theirs is more capable other than rock crawling mode and a sta bar disconnect. All sasquatch has the same suspension regardless of the trim.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
14U

Member 2541 Jerry

May 01, 2021

Ah...
Yeah, I’m just a casual trail four wheeling.
, like others just trying to sort out capabilities since the only videos are loaded Broncos.. I do appreciate the info here.
I guess I just look at sport mode is asphalt
And Baja is dirt.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
TK1215, DRWright

Libations MOD

May 01, 2021

Just curious.
None have a dual shock that I have seen
TK1215, Deano Bronc