Gibson or Ford Perf Exhaust?

LagoCJ
Jan 27, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 27, 2022

I am trying to find anyone with the Ford Performance axle back, or the Gibson cat back. The Gibson is on sale for half price right now, but that worries me a bit. The Ford Perf is the 'official' version, but can't find a sound file or anyone who has one. I have done the MagnaFlow with excellent results (Wrangler v6) and garbage results (Colorado ZR2). I want gutsy sound, no drone and a HP bump. Ideas??
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 27, 2022

IMO your wasting your money with either one. Good luck

Rank VI

Jan 27, 2022

That was the other thought as well. Thanks for the honest feedback
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
ABQNMBronco, Bronco 202?

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Jan 27, 2022

check out lite brights latest video they put on magnaflow sounds pretty good for a v6

Rank V

Jan 27, 2022

Yeah, I have to agree, there's not a super amount of HP to be gained by adding an exhaust. Plus, with these smaller displacement motors, you run the risk of having the "fart can" Honda Civic sound.

BUT, in stating the above, I did order the MBRP cat-back for mine: https://www.cjponyparts.com/mbrp-ca...kjLTw7UW9HYOPj4tAXqhx7WxbWN_MGhYaAnnYEALw_wcB

I ran MBRP on my 6.2 supercharged F250, sounded amazing at WOT/ low drone/ barely rumbled at idle. I do realize with the smaller motor, I will have no where near that sound, but the video clip sounds decent for what it is. I'll have my stock exhaust on stand by if this one is too annoying.
ABQNMBronco

Life is a Highway

Jan 28, 2022

Lite Brite has a video up with the Magna Flo exhaust

Rank II

Jan 28, 2022

IMO your wasting your money with either one. Good luck
Can it be called a performance item if there's no improvement in performance. Decibels don't make horsepower.
LilMike73, ABQNMBronco